Portland burrito shop closes because of Cultural appropriation claims

The Portland Mercury:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blog...ropriation-kooks-burritos-and-willamette-week

"This week in white nonsense" where they target white business owners for racial crimes such a stealing European Jew-invented tortillas from Mexico.

"People of color are nothing more than an afterthought when the white perpetrators".

"While the closing of Kooks Burritos is a victory, it’s a small one and unless we continue to call this out it will happen again. In the meantime, it helps to support the originators of various cultures. If you’re really dying to get a burrito, here’s a list of six Latin-owned restaurants that also exist in Portland."

Portland is IMHO the worst place on Earth.

You'll notice that the chick who wrote that garbage also produces race-baiting drivel for HuffPo, if you can believe that. Here's a link to a restaurant review which she labels "racially insensitive food commentary":

http://www.wweek.com/restaurants/re...the-philippines-comes-to-north-killingsworth/

But you missed the funniest part of her article:

Immediately after the fury continued online, a different resource emerged and quickly went viral: a Google doc showing exactly how prevalent this epidemic is. The list titled “White-Owned Appropriative Restaurants in Portland” provides a who’s who of culinary white supremacy.

You'll notice that the chick who wrote that garbage also produces race-baiting drivel for HuffPo, if you can believe that. Here's a link to a restaurant review which she labels "racially insensitive food commentary":

http://www.wweek.com/restaurants/re...the-philippines-comes-to-north-killingsworth/

But you missed the funniest part of her article:

Yeah, I just looked her up and added a link. Culinary white supremacy lmao.

She also married a white man named Trump last year but protested president Trump by walking down the isle to Kanye West then wrote an article about her bold move:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jagger-blaec/couple-surprises-trump-we_b_10167376.html

Last edited:
Meh-misplaced outrage I suspect. I am more inclined to believe the restaurant closed for the same reason that 90% of them do. They transitioned from a food truck that was mobile to its's customers, with low overheads and staff costs to a brick and mortar location, where people had to come to them, with exponentially more overhead and staff costs. They probably didn't even change their food prices the numskulls.

Why do dumb people get so much air time in this country? when the fuck did that start happening?

by influencing Canadian voters to smarten up and stop voting for the stupid Libs.
To be fair, the Canadian Liberals have a long history of doing things that would fall on both sides of the perceived aisle by U.S. standards, catering to things that fall on both the Left and the Right when it suits their purposes. Their rhetoric is undeniably Left leaning, but in practice they oftentimes push big business interests and slip in the odd thing like the hairpiece’s support of Bill C-51 while no-one is looking. Honestly, as far as Canadian parties go, I like the Liberals the best, even if I really don’t like that douchewaffle of a leader they have now. Under careful scrutiny, you’ll find that the Canadian Liberals are perfectly willing to bat Right handed, so to speak, whatever their name and rhetoric suggests, while still maintaining a strong liberal bent in their politics. If you see the value in the goals of both the Left and the Right, the Liberal party of Canada might be the best choice for you if you can get over their odious choice of leaders…

by influencing Canadian voters to smarten up and stop voting for the stupid Libs.
To be fair, the Canadian Liberals have a long history of doing things that would fall on both sides of the perceived aisle by U.S. standards, catering to things that fall on both the Left and the Right when it suits their purposes. Their rhetoric is undeniably Left leaning, but in practice they oftentimes push big business interests and slip in the odd thing like the hairpiece’s support of Bill C-51 while no-one is looking. Honestly, as far as Canadian parties go, I like the Liberals the best, even if I really don’t like that douchewaffle of a leader they have now. Under careful scrutiny, you’ll find that the Canadian Liberals are perfectly willing to bat Right handed, so to speak, whatever their name and rhetoric suggests, while still maintaining a strong liberal bent in their politics. If you see the value in the goals of both the Left and the Right, the Liberal party of Canada might be the best choice for you if you can get over their odious choice of leaders…

Sometimes I think the reason they go with guys like the hairpiece is because he’s a veritable pied piper to the very Left leaning crowd, letting them steal a lot of that vote as the hairpiece does a few stunts that distract from how the Liberal party can be surprisingly Right leaning at times.

Sometimes I think the reason they go with guys like the hairpiece is because he’s a veritable pied piper to the very Left leaning crowd, letting them steal a lot of that vote as the hairpiece does a few stunts that distract from how the Liberal party can be surprisingly Right leaning at times.

Did you know that Taco Bell was started by a white guy named Glen Bell who owned a hot dog stand. The taco joint across the street from him had better business so he bought their food, reverse engineered it and started his own taco restaurant. Thus Taco Bell was born.

As far as building a business empire in the restaurant game is concerned, Glen Bell's hands are lily white when compared to Ray Kroc's.

Portland has always been a liberal pedophile islam sucking hippie wasteland, the owners themselves are most likely self loathing whites, got what they deserved, let them cannibalize one another. Destroy their own movement. More on this later, etc...

isnt that what the Chinese do? reverse engineer American shit, and sell it for domestic consumption?

Their role is essentially to be termites. A few of them is fine, but when there are a lot of them it starts to affect the structural integrity of anything they are chewing away at.

They can be unleashed onto any target, since they are nurtured and controlled from above, but they can also get out of hand.

img_0637.jpg

LOL, Mexicans don't even eat burritos in Mexico. I mean, if anything they're appropriating Tex Mex.. but it goes to show how stupid some of these liberal shit bags are.
It's a northern Mexican dish brought in by the field workers to the US. They wrapped the burritos in foil so the sun would warm them. It caught on and has been improvised by many people over a large geographic area.

The practice of putting some food in a foldable/ wrappable grain product has been done by people all over the world and is not unique to anyone.

I don't know what is lamer: the cultural appropriation accusations or the fact these two women actually folded because of them.

Are Mexicans not allowed to open burger joints now? Can an Asian not open a soul food joint? What are the rules for the snowflake era?

Of cultural appropriation. Two white females opened a burrito truck in the beginning and it was a success. Then they opened a shop and told their story.

Their story was that, in Mexico, they spied on a mom and pop shop by looking through the windows for the recipes when the store didn't give them anything else other than the basic ingredient and then they opened their own business in Portland.

Now SJW are on the offensive:

I am a baker who works at my families restaurant. I would be fucking PISSED if someone spied on me for the bread recipes since our recipes are unique. On the other hand, if it was done through a mentorship program, that would be a much more respectable way to go about it.

Business is closed now...

The opened the business all the way in Portland. It is not like they open shop across the street in Mexico.

maybe if they offered a vegan burrito menu, those SJWs would have calmed down abit

Lol, at stealing recipes for burritos. That's like stealing recipes for a tuna fish sandwich.

The Portland Mercury:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blog...ropriation-kooks-burritos-and-willamette-week

It's "This week in white nonsense", where they apparently target white business owners for racial crimes such a stealing European Jew-invented tortillas from Mexico (which they seem to envision as an exotic primitive land where everyone is uniformly dark brown).

"People of color are nothing more than an afterthought when the white perpetrators".

"While the closing of Kooks Burritos is a victory, it’s a small one and unless we continue to call this out it will happen again. In the meantime, it helps to support the originators of various cultures. If you’re really dying to get a burrito, here’s a list of six Latin-owned restaurants that also exist in Portland."

Portland is IMHO the worst place on Earth.

The smear-campaigner is neither Latina nor White nor any combination but rather a black Huffington Post contributor http://www.huffingtonpost.com/author/sckoontie-862
who told you that jews invented tortillas? I thought that was invented by the indigenous people of latin america, as its present in many countries. edit the tortilla itself is indigenous to the americas, jews just decided to make it out of wheat instead of corn.

Back