Peter Fonda vs. Roseanne Proves #TimesUp Is a Big, Fat Fraud

His tweets are about individuals, and how they're bad people. He's not being racist.
So Barron Trump is a bad person who needs to be raped by pedophiles because Trump is an "asshole."
You're defending that statement?
Classy.

Fonda's stupid comment only had 200 retweets. I don't think too many people are paying attention to his twitter.

So yall giving Melania a pass for that dont care jacket?

She made a political statement, ensuring she is no longer off limits.

She made that choice.

He's getting plenty of backlash about this... however, nothing about his tweet exposes him as a racist, a pedo, or a bigot... just an asshole.

It's okay to be an asshole in the US. Rosanne has always been an a-hole and has often said worse than fonda, yet liberals were fine with her... it was only when she called a black woman a monkey that it went to far.

When a liberal does that and gets away with it... make a thread and I'll agree with you.

I'd like to know how in the name of fuck is #MeToo related to this.

He's getting plenty of backlash about this... however, nothing about his tweet exposes him as a racist, a pedo, or a bigot... just an asshole.

It's okay to be an asshole in the US. Rosanne has always been an a-hole and has often said worse than fonda, yet liberals were fine with her... it was only when she called a black woman a monkey that it went to far.

When a liberal does that and gets away with it... make a thread and I'll agree with you.
Like Joy Reid?

and the tweets where he called women "gashes" and said they should be raped?

What do you mean? #Timesup is about sexual harassment and these tweets are very much sexual harassment and otherwise myigognist
That's a ludicrous interpretation, and flies in the face of common sense.

I reject that characterization completely, and may God have mercy on your soul.

@HomerThompson, I'll turn my hand over, I made this thread partially thinking of you. You were one of the ones that were leading that Roseanne thread, and were castigating everyone and anyone (including me) who dared to point out any nuance in the story or anyone who thought it wasn't a big deal. Yet here we are, when someone attacks "the other side" in a much more severe fashion, you're all "nothing to see here, move along".

Truthfully, I didn't care that Roseanna compared some woman to an ape. I also don't care about Peter Fonda drunk tweeting some garbage in the middle of the night. Truly, I don't give a damn, but the media (and you) show a double standard that can be seen from space. Spin it however you want, your bias (and the medias) is self-evident.

And I think you're a good dude, I'm not some moron that's gonna accuse you of being immoral, but dude, look in the damn mirror.

I'm out.
1521111753501.gif

This is the difference is coverage and general care. Who the fuck is this guy? Is he related to Jane Fonda? I don’t even really know who she is I think she did workout videos in the 80s or something but I was a kid so I don’t know. These tweets are terrible, way worse than Roseanne’s. I didn’t give a fuck about hers and I don’t give a fuck about this guy.

Now if Roseanne said what he said, you’d have a really terrible tweet by someone popular and it would be more outrage-worthy than either of these situations for those inclined to be outraged by celebrity’s opinions.
He’s Hanoi Janes brother.

Like Joy Reid?

She was smart enough to use "I was hacked excuse." Rosanne wasn't.

And frankly.. her posts weren't at the same level of Rosanne's. The worst she did was call some conservatives "secretly gay" which is mostly a slam due to the hypocrisy of the conservative anti-gay stance.

Her other statements weren't offensive in the context that she wrote them. She wasn't agreeing with those that are disgusted by gay acts, but trying to empathize with the fact that morality is subjective to everybody.

She's about as anti-gay as the average 50yo liberal.

Last edited:
So Barron Trump is a bad person who needs to be raped by pedophiles because Trump is an "asshole."
You're defending that statement?
Classy.
No, but I am saying it's different. I find it ridiculous, and idiotic. But, it is directed at individuals, and not a broad group of people.

Also, you're mischaracterizing the message badly. It was directed at Melania, and uses hyperbole to make a point about the family separations, and the detention centers.

It's not the same thing as showing hate towards an entire group of people based on a abroad classification. It's just not.

To be fair Roseanne has a long history of bigotry and had a nationally syndicated television show. I didn’t even know Fonda was still working. Kathy Griffin and Reza Alsan got the same treatment as Roseanne when they called out Trump. You’re grasping at straws.

I haven't been in the WR in a while. I logged on today, waiting for the 1000+ post thread about Peter Fonda's tweets like that vile, vile Roseanne, but it was conspicuously missing. Where are the calls to disavow his new movie? Where are the calls to disavow Sony? Where is all the virtue signaling? Where is the MSM's non-stop coverage of this? But most of all, where are all the WR warriors tearing their clothes because of these awful, awful tweets?

Roseanne Barr literally had her career destroyed by the establishment media and Hollywood a few weeks ago over one racist Tweet. Peter Fonda, however, has been given a free pass by the establishment media and Hollywood’s #MeToo activists after tweeting out a call to have a child raped and a woman sexually abused and humiliated.

peterfondatweet.jpg

peter.fonda_.tweet_.2-640x378.jpg

126437_600.jpg

Those are rather bizarre, violent and disturbing tweets. Putting children in cages with pedophiles, referring to women as gashes, calling for public whippings. I think Peter Fonda needs to seek mental help. He obviously has serious psychological issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Screen Rant:

Sony Releases Statement in Response to Peter Fonda's Tweet Controversy

Sony Studios has released an official statement regarding the recent controversy over a politically charged comment made by actor Peter Fonda on his personal Twitter account. This comes on the eve of the release of the film Boundaries, in which Fonda performs in a supporting role.

Sony was quick to condemn Fonda's tweets and to note that they were not at all representative of the attitudes of their company in an official statement, which can be read in full below. Sony urged support for the film Boundaries, emphasizing how small Fonda's role is, and that it would not be fair to the other creators involved to punish them for Fonda's behavior.

"emphasizing how small Fonda's role is"

"Peter Fonda’s comments are abhorrent, reckless and dangerous, and we condemn them completely. It is important to note that Mr. Fonda plays a very minor role in the film.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Back