Peter Fonda vs. Roseanne Proves #TimesUp Is a Big, Fat Fraud

dontsnitch

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I haven't been in the WR in a while. I logged on today, waiting for the 1000+ post thread about Peter Fonda's tweets like that vile, vile Roseanne, but it was conspicuously missing. Where are the calls to disavow his new movie? Where are the calls to disavow Sony? Where is all the virtue signaling? Where is the MSM's non-stop coverage of this? But most of all, where are all the WR warriors tearing their clothes because of these awful, awful tweets?

Roseanne Barr literally had her career destroyed by the establishment media and Hollywood a few weeks ago over one racist Tweet. Peter Fonda, however, has been given a free pass by the establishment media and Hollywood’s #MeToo activists after tweeting out a call to have a child raped and a woman sexually abused and humiliated.

peterfondatweet.jpg

peter.fonda_.tweet_.2-640x378.jpg

126437_600.jpg

His tweets are about individuals, and how they're bad people. He's not being racist.

Maybe I'm not up to date with my pop culture but I had to Google Peter Fonda. Those tweets are fucked up, but I don't know who he is.

Also, #TIMESUP is about sexual harassment.

Thread title and OP are so wrong it's ridiculous.

So you guys (Jack and Homer) find an insult directed at a person more problematic than words that could be interpreted as threats or call to action?

I disagree strongly. Very strongly.

How's this -
1) Roseanne is an idiot.
2) Perhaps we should kill Roseanne.

Substitute Roseanne with someone you care about and let me know which number is worse.

His tweets are about individuals, and how they're bad people. He's not being racist.
So calling for a child and women to be raped/abused/humiliated is somehow less severe than calling a woman who looks white an ape?

When my guys behave in an outrageously offensive fashion, there's always a reasonable explanation that makes it tolerable. When their guys do it, they should be fired and ostracized from polite society.

I haven't been in the WR in a while. I logged on today, waiting for the 1000+ post thread about Peter Fonda's tweets like that vile, vile Roseanne, but it was conspicuously missing. Where are the calls to disavow his new movie? Where are the calls to disavow Sony? Where is all the virtue signaling? Where is the MSM's non-stop coverage of this? But most of all, where are all the WR warriors tearing their clothes because of these awful, awful tweets?

Roseanne Barr literally had her career destroyed by the establishment media and Hollywood a few weeks ago over one racist Tweet. Peter Fonda, however, has been given a free pass by the establishment media and Hollywood’s #MeToo activists after tweeting out a call to have a child raped and a woman sexually abused and humiliated.

peterfondatweet.jpg

peter.fonda_.tweet_.2-640x378.jpg

126437_600.jpg
he seems like a bit of a cunt

Maybe I'm not up to date with my pop culture but I had to Google Peter Fonda. Those tweets are fucked up, but I don't know who he is.

This is the difference is coverage and general care. Who the fuck is this guy? Is he related to Jane Fonda? I don’t even really know who she is I think she did workout videos in the 80s or something but I was a kid so I don’t know. These tweets are terrible, way worse than Roseanne’s. I didn’t give a fuck about hers and I don’t give a fuck about this guy.

Now if Roseanne said what he said, you’d have a really terrible tweet by someone popular and it would be more outrage-worthy than either of these situations for those inclined to be outraged by celebrity’s opinions.

So you guys (Jack and Homer) find an insult directed at a person more problematic than words that could be interpreted as threats or call to action?

I disagree strongly. Very strongly.

How's this -
1) Roseanne is an idiot.
2) Perhaps we should kill Roseanne.

Substitute Roseanne with someone you care about and let me know which number is worse.

I don't defend the comments. They were ugly. But obviously there's a reason people reacted differently to them than to Roseanne's.

When my guys behave in an outrageously offensive fashion, there's always a reasonable explanation that makes it tolerable. When their guys do it, they should be fired and ostracized from polite society.

Jeez, everything is partisan politics with you. Sad.

@HomerThompson, I'll turn my hand over, I made this thread partially thinking of you. You were one of the ones that were leading that Roseanne thread, and were castigating everyone and anyone (including me) who dared to point out any nuance in the story or anyone who thought it wasn't a big deal. Yet here we are, when someone attacks "the other side" in a much more severe fashion, you're all "nothing to see here, move along".

Truthfully, I didn't care that Roseanna compared some woman to an ape. I also don't care about Peter Fonda drunk tweeting some garbage in the middle of the night. Truly, I don't give a damn, but the media (and you) show a double standard that can be seen from space. Spin it however you want, your bias (and the medias) is self-evident.

And I think you're a good dude, I'm not some moron that's gonna accuse you of being immoral, but dude, look in the damn mirror.

I'm out.

Back