Peter Fonda vs. Roseanne Proves #TimesUp Is a Big, Fat Fraud

Man I wished, I bet there is but I haven't looked into it. I had a different name shadow priest wanted it changed.

That game was way ahead of its time.

I was sick with mono one summer during me early teen years and played this game every day all day for like a week.
All while on some brain twisting medicine.
It was a trip

Yet another example, in a long list of examples, as to why liberalism is a mental disorder.

If you in any way shape or form think calling someone an ape is even comparable to wishing for a child to be gang raped, then you're human garbage and I truly question what kind of parents you had.

It's pretty simple, really.

The ape connotation was used in the past to justify slavery as an institution and carried a fundamental view that blacks were less than human. This led to things like widespread rape (yes, of children), violence, dismemberment, and treating an entire race of people like animals because there was an attempt to scientifically paint them as being little more than 'apes'.

Wishing for a child to be gang raped is terrible, of course, but echoing sentiments of a worldview that enabled widespread rape on the basis that it was actually seen as "ok" is going to carry a bigger stigma due to scale.

If you think liberalism is a mental disorder, perhaps you'd be more comfortable is a sans-liberal conservative environment such as North Korea or Saudi Arabia. The very freedoms/society you enjoy stem from liberalism. @IngaVovchanchyn I'm seriously disappointed that you liked a post that makes such a generalized, absolutist statement about 'liberalism' - I always pegged you as a conservative, but at least being somewhat reasonable - this just reeks of the blind tribalism that you just got done accusing JVS of.

It's pretty simple, really.

The ape connotation was used in the past to justify slavery as an institution and carried a fundamental view that blacks were less than human. This led to things like widespread rape (yes, of children), violence, dismemberment, and treating an entire race of people like animals because there was an attempt to scientifically paint them as being little more than 'apes'.

Wishing for a child to be gang raped is terrible, of course, but echoing sentiments of a worldview that enabled widespread rape on the basis that it was actually seen as "ok" is going to carry a bigger stigma due to scale.

If you think liberalism is a mental disorder, perhaps you'd be more comfortable is a sans-liberal conservative environment such as North Korea or Saudi Arabia. The very freedoms/society you enjoy stem from liberalism. @IngaVovchanchyn I'm seriously disappointed that you liked a post that makes such a generalized, absolutist statement about 'liberalism' - I always pegged you as a conservative, but at least being somewhat reasonable - this just reeks of the blind tribalism that you just got done accusing JVS of.

Lol at being the like police. I liked that post because I agree with this sentiment:
If you in any way shape or form think calling someone an ape is even comparable to wishing for a child to be gang raped, then you're human garbage and I truly question what kind of parents you had.

I was clear that I thought Roseanne's comments were completely inappropriate. I don't see her as some sort of victim. But Fonda's comments were much worse, and this seems obvious to me.

Yeah that was totally Rosanne's meaning behind her tweet. Widespread rape, violence and dismemberment of black children. Good eye.

Lol at being the like police.

You liked a post that started with "liberalism is a mental disorder". I was simply expressing my surprise that you would find those kind of empty, short-sighted generalizations "likeable", given that you vehemently denied being a partisan sheep to Jack. Whereas before I thought he was being a little bit unfair to you, as I always thought you were level-headed and reasonable, I guess maybe I was wrong.

<Fedor23>

Yeah that was totally Rosanne's meaning behind her tweet. Widespread rape, violence and dismemberment of black children. Good eye.

I was clear that I thought Roseanne's comments were completely inappropriate. I don't see her as some sort of victim. But Fonda's comments were much worse, and this seems obvious to me.

I'm suspecting that neither of you read my entire post. No, Roseanne's comments didn't specifically call for those things, however, as I already mentioned, echoing sentiments of a worldview that enabled widespread rape on the basis that it was actually seen as "ok" is going to carry a bigger stigma due to scale and a very recent history (in the grand scheme of things) of it actually happening.

You liked a post that started with "liberalism is a mental disorder". I was simply expressing my surprise that you would find those kind of empty, short-sighted generalizations "likeable", given that you vehemently denied being a partisan sheep to Jack. Whereas before I thought he was being a little bit unfair to you, as I always thought you were level-headed and reasonable, I guess maybe I was wrong.
I don't think liberalism is a mental disorder. My liking a post is not an approval of everything in it. I already quoted the part with which I agreed to you to help you understand. If you are bothered by other parts of that comment, take it up with the author. Please don't bitch to me about things I didn't write.

I don't think liberalism is a mental disorder. My liking a post is not an approval of everything in it. I already quoted the part with which I agreed to you to help you understand. If you are bothered by other parts of that comment, take it up with the author. Please don't bitch to me about things I didn't write.

Surely you can understand my initial confusion? Endorsing something doesn't imply that you wrote it. Likes are a part of the website - they are a comment unto themselves. To me, they've always represented someone attaching their big fat signature to a thought that they agree with, otherwise, why would they be public and what purpose do they serve?

Anyways, my apologies for calling you out on it - it was only because you are one of the few Conservative posters that I somewhat respected, which baffled me - not because I was trying to pick on you.

Surely you can understand my initial confusion?
Yep, I can understand your initial confusion. This is why I clarified my stance to you both positively and negatively, so you could understand what I did and did not endorse about that comment.

I've long had the habit of loosely liking comments I agreed with in part, but not entirely. Perhaps I should reconsider that habit.

Yep, I can understand your initial confusion. This is why I clarified my stance to you both positively and negatively, so you could understand what I did and did not endorse about that comment.

I've long had the habit of loosely liking comments I agreed with in part, but not entirely. Perhaps I should reconsider that habit.

giphy.gif

Back