Peter Fonda vs. Roseanne Proves #TimesUp Is a Big, Fat Fraud

Seriously?
3778-2__74999.1416002515.451.451.jpg

i didnt know who is was either, though ive heard his name.

what he said is pretty F'ed up. the free market will decide. if whoever he is working for feels they need to be protected from his speech, then i guess theyll do what they need to do. Roseanne? who cares?

He shouldn't have tweeted those things.

It was the wrong thing to do.

I don't defend the comments. They were ugly. But obviously there's a reason people reacted differently to them than to Roseanne's.
Would you say that reason is because of identity politics?

Lol, dumbass. I was obviously mocking partisan politics.

By engaging in it. "There's no way anyone could see why people would react differently to the entirely different sets of comments except partisan politics." That's you not being able to see past your own nose.

Here's my take..

Yes Fonda was wrong. That much is obvious as the secret service was alerted. I didn't even know Fonda had a new movie coming out. Seems like most in this thread were unaware, hence the lack of giving a single fuck over what he does. Lastly, Fonda (to use a term the right wingers love) was triggered by the family separations that took place. Roseanne just tweeted out stupid because she's a piece of shit human

So you guys (Jack and Homer) find an insult directed at a person more problematic than words that could be interpreted as threats or call to action?

I disagree strongly. Very strongly.

How's this -
1) Roseanne is an idiot.
2) Perhaps we should kill Roseanne.

Substitute Roseanne with someone you care about and let me know which number is worse.
When you have to spell it out to people it's to late, I understand someone had to try though.

By engaging in it. "There's no way anyone could see why people would react differently to the entirely different sets of comments except partisan politics." That's you not being able to see past your own nose.
Sarcasm, Jack. It's a thing. You're supposed to be smarter than this.

If you decry partisanship in the politics of outrage, then give my post a like, because we agree.

Would you say that reason is because of identity politics?

I would say that it's first and foremost because of the difference in fame between the two speakers. Secondarily, it's because they're more individualized (at least the perception is that the ape comparison is more general). If anything Fonda's comments are uglier, but they're more directed.

I would say that it's first and foremost because of the difference in fame between the two speakers. Secondarily, it's because they're more individualized (at least the perception is that the ape comparison is more general). If anything Fonda's comments are uglier, but they're more directed.
I see what you're saying. Fair enough.

Just for reference I didn't even read the Roseanne thread.

When my guys behave in an outrageously offensive fashion, there's always a reasonable explanation that makes it tolerable. When their guys do it, they should be fired and ostracized from polite society.

I understood exactly what you ment. Only a overeducated smug idiot that can't see past their own nose to wouldn't comprehend what you were saying.

Here's my take..

Yes Fonda was wrong. That much is obvious as the secret service was alerted. I didn't even know Fonda had a new movie coming out. Seems like most in this thread were unaware, hence the lack of giving a single fuck over what he does. Lastly, Fonda (to use a term the right wingers love) was triggered by the family separations that took place. Roseanne just tweeted out stupid because she's a piece of shit human
So being triggered and taking out your anger by calling for the abduction of a child is okay?

Cool

I don't know if the comparison about the project getting cancelled is perfect because with Roseanne she had an ongoing series get cancelled vs a movie that's already in the can. A lot of people are just waving it off because Fonda has always been a mental case (didn't he even say some crazy shit about shooting Obama or something?) but if we're being fair so has Roseanne. Every single day celebrities, journalists and other public figures go on social media and try to see who can denounce Trump the loudest and crudest.

I have no doubt that there is a lot of genuine rage at the administration but a lot of it is simply people working to build their brands. Look at how DeNiro and Kathy Griffin have gotten headlines over multiple days for nothing other than dissing the president. Fonda went a little overboard but sometimes the more unhinged the better. Jim Carrey for example is clearly going through some kind of mental health crisis, but the media and the howling mob are cheering him on because he draws cartoons of Trump getting disembowelled or whatever. I honestly don't know if a healthy level of public discourse will ever return.

Edit: also I don't think this would really have anything to do with #Timesup because as I understand that it's really just the same thing as #Metoo which is directed at sleazy men who have taken advantage of women in some way sexually. If your point was that feminist types and their "allies" are selective about how outraged they get when violent rhetoric is directed at female public figures, well then lmao yep we've known that for a while though haven't we.

Last edited:
He went too far but I do appreciate his use of the word, Gash

Sarah Sanders is a Cunt.

How can you claim to be so religious and then lie your face off on a daily basis for a pay check.

Shes the definition of a dishonest cunt.

Where is all the virtue signaling?
isnt that what you're doing here?

Roseanne Barr literally had her career destroyed by the establishment media and Hollywood a few weeks ago

incorrect on 2 fronts

show cancelled =/= career destroyed. she goes back to pre-revival status career.

and it wasnt because of the media and Hollywood. the people in charge took the pulse of moment and cancelled the show. exact same thing they did when they revived the show in the first place.

you're trying to fit everything into your conclusion, and they dont fit. nutball 1, nutball 2, and #timesup are are not all related in the way you're trying to present them.

furthermore,

"Peter Fonda’s comments are abhorrent, reckless and dangerous, and we condemn them completely,” Sony said in a statement Thursday.

“It is important to note that Mr. Fonda plays a very minor role in the film,” the company said. “To pull or alter this film at this point would unfairly penalize the filmmaker Shana Feste’s accomplishment, the many actors, crew members and other creative talent that worked hard on the project. We plan to open the film as scheduled this weekend, in a limited release of five theaters.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/21/sony-condemns-peter-fonda-will-still-release-new-f/

the two are just not comparable.

Also, #TIMESUP is about sexual harassment.

Thread title and OP are so wrong it's ridiculous.

What do you mean? #Timesup is about sexual harassment and these tweets are very much sexual harassment and otherwise myigognist

“To pull or alter this film at this point would unfairly penalize the filmmaker Shana Feste’s accomplishment, the many actors, crew members and other creative talent that worked hard on the project..."

Nice to see someone thinking things through.

Really disappointed @nac386 isn't in here disavowing guys on his team. Seems like you endorse his message. Very disappointing.

A Pedowood actor making threats toward children should be taken far more seriously than a comedian calling someone an ape.

Back