People actually think DC can win?

Stipe should win a close but not controversial decision, 3 rounds to 2, 48-47.

I think early round finish. DC's going to move forward and get knocked out.

Of course DC can win, if you do not think so you have not been paying attention to his amazing career. That being said, Stipe is the rightful favorite. It is interesting to see the fav line inching towards -300

I missed the boat on those odds. The opening line I think was 2.5:1? Or 2:1? I thought it would get closer. Unfortunately, the opposite happened.

I missed the boat on those odds. The opening line I think was 2.5:1? Or 2:1? I thought it would get closer. Unfortunately, the opposite happened.

it was -185 to +150

This is a hard fight to handicap but seems like a shit load of money came in towards Stipe over this month to push the odds in the mid to high 200's. I think people are using the Gus fight as the measuring stick. I also think that may be a bit shortsighted. DC not having a weight cut and the fact Stipe has never fought a DC stylistic fight makes it closer. DC has fought A LOT of dynamic and power strikers.

I do agree Stipe's straight punches and wrestling background can carry him to a UD.

Stipe opened -170 (1.59) and DC +140 (2.4) at the book that matters the most anyway, 5dimes.

Yes of course. It is a heavyweight fight so you never know, but I have DC as the favorite.

DC has a chance but Stipe is the favorite for a reason. Can't completely count anyone out though.

Bro, this fight is lopsided in Stipe's direction? I must be outta the loop because DC is a beast, who slams fools like it's nothing. Don't be surprised to see him rag doll Stipe.

Stipe takes some shots willingly that he doesn’t have to...I’ve got a bad feeling he’s going to get ktfo

Then again he was able to avoid the big shot in his last fight

To me the wrestling in this fight is pretty much a wash. I don’t expect DC to waste a lot of energy trying to wrestle with him. Maybe the occasional take down attempt but that’s about it. His last opponent you knew DC would wrestle because he was facing a guy that was only a striker. He had a huge advantage with the wrestling. He doesn’t have that in this fight. He believes a lot in his striking. I think he will mostly try and strike. But we will see.

I don't see him going for a lot of takedowns. Mostly him pushing Stipe against the cage and trying to control him, also DC's dirty boxing is one of his biggest strengths and it takes away the range for Stipe to get his full power in his punches.

Gus is A kickboxer and he took him down as a matter fact he slammed him down. I don’t expect DC to have any wrestling advantage whatsoever in this fight.

Gus is an MMA fighter with tremendous wrestling ability, just because he landed a takedown doesn't mean he is the superior wrestler, he also took Jones down.

To me this fight is pretty lop-sided.

DC is very confident, but he was confident twice against Jones and look what happened. He has a history of thinking he is better than he actually is and he isn't getting any younger. At one point he said he and Jones might be the two greatest fighters ever? What?

I like DC, but he hasn't beaten the greatest competition at LHW. Or at HW for that matter.

I thought Gus fought very stupidly in their fight and he still almost won. Stipe is bigger, a better wrestler, and a lot smarter than Gus.

I don't see how DC wins. At all.

Put your money where your mouth is then TS if your so sure.

Gus is an MMA fighter with tremendous wrestling ability, just because he landed a takedown doesn't mean he is the superior wrestler, he also took Jones down.

The wrestling is going to be a wash is my point. Do you actually think DC is going to dominate in that department or something? It’s not going to happen. The HW champion took down a massive and I mean massive heavy weight over the course of five rounds with relative ease in his last fight. His wrestling is great.

I rate it a very close fight. It's tough to go by Fighting Records but Cormier has a pretty damn decent track record as a HW going back to his Strikeforce and early UFC days. And as a LHW, he fought a few big boys who had competed at HW in the past. If Cormier loses in respectable fashon, he is easily and I mean easily still the #2 HW in the world. You seldom see such a worthy challenger and won't again at HW for a long, long time. Great wrestler, pretty quick hands. Of course, he can win.

The wrestling is going to be a wash is my point. Do you actually think DC is going to dominate in that department or something? It’s not going to happen. The HW champion took down a massive and I mean massive heavy weight over the course of five rounds with relative ease in his last fight. His wrestling is great.

Ngannou's wrestling ability is super super amateur, I didn't think Stipe's wrestling was THAT impressive honestly.

I'm not saying DC will dominate him, it'll probably be on the feet the majority of the fight, I'm just saying DC no doubt has better MMA wrestling, unless Stipe secretly has elite wrestling he doesn't use unless he goes against a guy with 0 grappling ability.

Ngannou's wrestling ability is super super amateur, I didn't think Stipe's wrestling was THAT impressive honestly.

I'm not saying DC will dominate him, it'll probably be on the feet the majority of the fight, I'm just saying DC no doubt has better MMA wrestling, unless Stipe secretly has elite wrestling he doesn't use unless he goes against a guy with 0 grappling ability.

He has shown elite wrestling in that octagon to me. Just controlling a guy that enormous and that strong for five rounds is incredibly impressive. DC might try to push him on the fence and make it incredibly boring. It will be up to the champion to not allow that to happen and dictate his own offense.

Dc has a better chance to win than Overrated Stipe does
I'm a huge DC fan, and I won't watching the fight because I'll be too nervous for him. For you to say at this point in time that Stipe is overated is just Ignorant. The guy does everything very good and the guy generates unreal power in very short shots, don't be ignorant.

Lmao. Better wrestler. Yeah. Right.

People assume stipe will win because he’s heavyweight, but they always neglect the fact that heavyweight is the shittiest division ever.

If you rewatch the fight, it's pretty evident that DC got lucky that Gus had an off night. He won (according to 2/3 judges' opinions), but it was a poor performance from Gus. DC didn't make Gus stand in the middle of the cage and eat uppercuts. I had money on the fight (got pretty good odds on Gus) so I was pretty pissed at how Gus performed.
Yes, but it is not only dependant on Gus, is it?
DC forced him to fight an ugly fight, and if/when DC puts his hands on you, it is hard to get free...

DC was able to, even rocked, still put Gus on the ground and score points.

Gus didn't do anything terrible, he caught DC and went for the kill. Not many people have the witts that DC had, to keep on fighting and keep the pressure on Gus.
he induced Gus to err.

Look, while I was rooting for Gus, I did not have money in this fight. So I was free to admire what DC was able to do... and it was vintage Nog (get the win from jaws of defeat), and not the first time DC did that.

Back