People actually think DC can win?

Youre either his wife or a gigantic pansy
Nah, to most people like yourself, you forget that fighters are people just like you and me, and those heavyweight punches can have detrimental long term effects. Now, since I knew Cormier around school when I was young, It makes it a little bit more personal for me.

I'm not no pansy by any stretch of the imagination by the way. Usually the one that points the finger is the one that's insecure with themselves. It's alright my brother, remind yourself every morning in the mirror that you're not a pansy. and your life's not meaningless. It'll eventually turn around for ya.

Dc can win for sure. imo hes the better athlete so i can see him dictating the pace as long as hes conscious

I think he definitely can. He has a speed advantage at HW. And Stipe isn’t going to outwrestle him, so his weight won’t help him there. He will have to be sharp and keep DC on the outside but still in range. His weight will pay dividends if he can do that. Also, he will have to time DC when he tried to get into his range and catch him with something.

And this damn thread has a big bump written all over it.

I for sure may be wrong, but I got a feeling DC will win this fight.

To me this fight is pretty lop-sided.

DC is very confident, but he was confident twice against Jones and look what happened. He has a history of thinking he is better than he actually is and he isn't getting any younger. At one point he said he and Jones might be the two greatest fighters ever? What?

I like DC, but he hasn't beaten the greatest competition at LHW. Or at HW for that matter.

I thought Gus fought very stupidly in their fight and he still almost won. Stipe is bigger, a better wrestler, and a lot smarter than Gus.

I don't see how DC wins. At all.
DC may very well lose, but your arguments are garbage. You do understand that using Jones as a barometer is odd right? And "hasnt beaten the greastest competition at LHW" Huh? He's beaten everyone there is to beat except Jones. Thays why hes going up in weight class.

DC hits so hard that I would not be the least surprised if he scored a highlight reel KO a time any point of the fight. He’s also good at getting in the inside and if he can, he might be able to wear Stipe down.

To me this fight is pretty lop-sided.

DC is very confident, but he was confident twice against Jones and look what happened. He has a history of thinking he is better than he actually is and he isn't getting any younger. At one point he said he and Jones might be the two greatest fighters ever? What?

I like DC, but he hasn't beaten the greatest competition at LHW. Or at HW for that matter.

I thought Gus fought very stupidly in their fight and he still almost won. Stipe is bigger, a better wrestler, and a lot smarter than Gus.

I don't see how DC wins. At all.
So many things wrong here, I don't know where to start. I'll just choose a few things.

The way ur using the confidence and pretending like a loss against jon jones means much. A significant percentage of MMA world argues Bones is GOAT(though not me personally), and has controlled the p4p #1 spot for ages. He is the only man who ever beat DC. so lets put that aside.

DC "hasn't beaten the greatest competition at LHW"... ok who did u want him to beat? 2 victories over the best version of Rumble who was also a big puncher at HW), and no matter how close it was, he did beat Gus as well.

Gus had a successful take down against Jon Jones. So think twice before u use his wrestling as a comparison for anyone.

Problem with ur argument here is it can be used on both sides. Josh Barnett(who was coming off a decent streak) has light years better wrestling and bjj than Stipe, and DC(the olympic wrestler) slammed him!

Stipe is a great fighter, but he doesn't deserve all the dick riding he's getting seeing how shitty the HW div is. just until recently it was run by old farts only.

DC may very well lose, but your arguments are garbage. You do understand that using Jones as a barometer is odd right? And "hasnt beaten the greastest competition at LHW" Huh? He's beaten everyone there is to beat except Jones. Thays why hes going up in weight class.

He's saying lhw sucks. Look into it.

(It does)

dc knocks him out via quicker hands
hvw dc has pretty heavy hands

Everyone brings up DC being undefeated at HW, but he never fought the elites there. Of course he's a great fighter and could win, but I think Stipe is certainly favored here.

lol at counting DC out against ANYONE.

hasn't beaten the greatest competition at LHW? he beat 2 of the top 4 guys (DC being one of the top 4), 1 of them twice, and gave Jones his toughest fight after gus. and volkan who was what, top 5 when he beat him?

dumb.

Stipe wins 10 out of 10 times, it's a mismatch. DC doesn't even have a one-punch-KO power, so there's not even a puncher's chance

If the worst HW in the division "struve" can tko stipe, DC sure the hell can too lol.
His worst performance from years ago? Not a compelling argument.

Stipe and DC both seem to have weak chins, so it's going to be interesting.
Lolwut? DC ate shots from Rumble and won, has been finished once by a guy on steroids, in a two division career. Stipe ate shots from Reem and JDS and has only been finished once. Where do you guys get this stuff from?

Just like he was gonna throw Jones and Gus? He hasn't thrown anyone with actual wrestling credentials besides 50 year old middleweight Dan Henderson...
threw both gus and jones lol.

His worst performance from years ago? Not a compelling argument.

The fact is struve is nowhere near the skill level of DC . I think stipe can win, but no one at all should be shocked of DC runs through him either.

Lolwut? DC ate shots from Rumble and won, has been finished once by a guy on steroids, in a two division career. Stipe ate shots from Reem and JDS and has only been finished once. Where do you guys get this stuff from?

Stipe gets hit alot. That's what I worry about. He eventually not going to be able to recover.

Back