People actually think DC can win?

Stipe is a better wrestler than DC? What kind of fucking drugs are you on?

Just like he was gonna throw Jones and Gus? He hasn't thrown anyone with actual wrestling credentials besides 50 year old middleweight Dan Henderson...
Will just have to see anyways, Regardless that he's lost to Jones twice now. He's had cage time with the p4p goat that can only make him better

Pretty hard do much when youve got a tank grinding against you up against the cage. He's gonna give Stipe the hardest fight of his career, I just dont think Stipe has the chin to take DC's cumulative shots.

Most of the uppercuts I remember DC landing were in the middle of the ring. Not against the cage. Gus just stood like a zombie and ate them despite being 6 inches taller. Didn't back up or anything. It was weird. Weird performance from him.

I saw Kane not that long ago at Walmart like legit though no lie. That's a big big dude. Not kidding.

Yea stipe should win and is the favorite but of course DC has a chance. Like others have said, it’s laughable to say that stipe is a better wrestler than DC and It’s not like DC hasn’t fought at that weight before. Anything can happen and OP is seriously underrating DC.

Stipe is a better wrestler than DC? What kind of fucking drugs are you on?

"Stipe is bigger, a better wrestler, and a lot smarter than Gus."

Stipe is bigger than Gus
Stipe is a better wrestler than Gus
Stipe is a lot smarter than Gus

How do so many of you struggle with such basic reading comprehension?

DC is definitely a great fighter but his trash talk is often Cringy, and he definitely can be a tad overconfident at times. That said he has only lost one person in his career. He had success at heavy weight but people overrate that. He never fought anybody on the level of Stipe.

I doubt even Stipe feels this way. He shouldn't.

I can see DC's quickness giving Stipe trouble, moves very well for his build
DC got better cardio too and sets a tough pace to stay with

Hard fight to call imo

Stipe is not even close to a better wrestler than DC

On paper. But as far as utilizing that wrestling in the octagon, I’d say he is pretty damn close. Jones on paper doesn’t have anywhere near the wrestling of DC. He got the better of it.

He definitely can win, I don't think he will, but he can.

His best bet is to grind Stipe against the cage and use his dirty boxing. I'm not sure he can take Stipe down and keep him there but I think he can control him a bit and make him uncomfortable against the cage. Also he can't be trying to fight Stipe at range, he doesn't have the reach and he will want to avoid stipe's power shots obviously.

I can see DC's quickness giving Stipe trouble, moves very well for his build
DC got better cardio too and sets a tough pace to stay with

Hard fight to call imo

Stipe cardio looked incredible to me in his last fight and he was grappling against a monster of a heavy weight for 25 minutes. I don’t expect him to gas out in this fight at all.

I said he's a better wrestler than Gus.
Gus has faced the best grapplers in the division and has proven to have some of the best TDD in the UFC. Stipe has been taken down by Gonzaga. We don't know that Stipe has better TDD.

He definitely can win, I don't think he will, but he can.

His best bet is to grind Stipe against the cage and use his dirty boxing. I'm not sure he can take Stipe down and keep him there but I think he can control him a bit and make him uncomfortable against the cage. Also he can't be trying to fight Stipe at range, he doesn't have the reach and he will want to avoid stipe's power shots obviously.

To me the wrestling in this fight is pretty much a wash. I don’t expect DC to waste a lot of energy trying to wrestle with him. Maybe the occasional take down attempt but that’s about it. His last opponent you knew DC would wrestle because he was facing a guy that was only a striker. He had a huge advantage with the wrestling. He doesn’t have that in this fight. He believes a lot in his striking. I think he will mostly try and strike. But we will see.

Why do we Sherdoggers tend to speak in absolutes? Of course, Cormier can win this fight, wrestling is the ultimate trump card in MMA, and he's very used to being the shorter fighter. Miocic also has many ways to win this fight. To pretend either of them is a lock to win seems kind of silly to me. It's heavyweight MMA, all it takes is one good shot to turn a fight.
All that being said, if I had to bet on the fight, I would put my money on the bigger, younger man, but I wouldn't feel like there was no risk.

If this was Overeem I could see your point. But Stipe just took Ngannou's best shot. I don't think he's worried about DC who isn't known for being a big puncher.

Undefeated at Heavyweight and fighting a guy that couldn't finish a corpse in Francis who didn't have a scratch on him.

I think DC not having to worry about weight is going to give him a big boost of energy and he'll look like a fresh fighter. He just has to play it safe in the first round and then he should be able to have his way with Stipe once he gasses.

Just like he was gonna throw Jones and Gus? He hasn't thrown anyone with actual wrestling credentials besides 50 year old middleweight Dan Henderson...
He did throw Gus though, in highlight-reel fashion. He also threw Jones (though it was way too late and Jones scrambled well).

Stipe doesn't have very extensive wrestling credentials himself, unremarkable d1 wrestler and he switched into baseball, didn't even stick with wrestling at the collegiate level.

This is arguably the most difficult fight for both of them.

I would like stipe to win, but I can't pick a winner here.

Back