People actually think DC can win?

Bojka

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
To me this fight is pretty lop-sided.

DC is very confident, but he was confident twice against Jones and look what happened. He has a history of thinking he is better than he actually is and he isn't getting any younger. At one point he said he and Jones might be the two greatest fighters ever? What?

I like DC, but he hasn't beaten the greatest competition at LHW. Or at HW for that matter.

I thought Gus fought very stupidly in their fight and he still almost won. Stipe is bigger, a better wrestler, and a lot smarter than Gus.

I don't see how DC wins. At all.

Have you not seen DC fight heavyweights lol?

Grinding... Heavyweight Cormier will drop you on your head. But has to avoid the power punch for 25 minutes... or it might end bad.

Dc has a better chance to win than Overrated Stipe does

Sounds like a reasonable and fair assessment of the fight.

DC has been more dominant at HW than Stipe. DC is the better wrestler, DC has the better dirty boxing, DC has a good enough chin to take some knocks and recover.

Its a close fight but no way would I give the edge to Stipe, I think DC is just gonna keep closing the distance and taking him down, or grind against the cage, he's gonna grab Stipe's neck and spam uppercuts.

DC has been more dominant at HW than Stipe. DC is the better wrestler, DC has the better dirty boxing, DC has a good enough chin to take some knocks and recover.

Its a close fight but no way would I give the edge to Stipe, I think DC is just gonna keep closing the distance and taking him down, or grind against the cage, he's gonna grab Stipe's neck and spam uppercuts.

Well what's he gonna do when Stipe doesn't let him uppercut him like Gus did? Pretty hard to uppercut such a tall guy when they don't have a 2 digit IQ like Gus does.

I mean DC could and can throw stipe through the air onto the mat. Did it to Josh Barnett who is not a small dude by any means. Wouldn't blow my mind if we saw DC slam stipe as well

Well what's he gonna do when Stipe doesn't let him uppercut him like Gus did? Pretty hard to uppercut such a tall guy when they don't have a 2 digit IQ like Gus does.
Pretty hard do much when youve got a tank grinding against you up against the cage. He's gonna give Stipe the hardest fight of his career, I just dont think Stipe has the chin to take DC's cumulative shots.

I mean DC could and can throw stipe through the air onto the mat. Did it to Josh Barnett who is not a small dude by any means. Wouldn't blow my mind if we saw DC slam stipe as well

Just like he was gonna throw Jones and Gus? He hasn't thrown anyone with actual wrestling credentials besides 50 year old middleweight Dan Henderson...

Why do we Sherdoggers tend to speak in absolutes? Of course, Cormier can win this fight, wrestling is the ultimate trump card in MMA, and he's very used to being the shorter fighter. Miocic also has many ways to win this fight. To pretend either of them is a lock to win seems kind of silly to me. It's heavyweight MMA, all it takes is one good shot to turn a fight.
All that being said, if I had to bet on the fight, I would put my money on the bigger, younger man, but I wouldn't feel like there was no risk.

Back