People actually think DC can win?

I'm a huge DC fan, and I won't watching the fight because I'll be too nervous for him. For you to say at this point in time that Stipe is overated is just Ignorant. The guy does everything very good and the guy generates unreal power in very short shots, don't be ignorant.
Youre either his wife or a gigantic pansy

He definitely can win. I don't expect him to, but he has a chance.

Stipe is not even close to a better wrestler than DC
And that's the thing, TS is referring to Stipe being a better wrestler than Gustaffson, which is likely true (missed a lot of their earlier fights). But Stipe isn't a better wrestler than DC, and being a good wrestler doesn't mean he's gauranteed to shut DC down.

Stipe is legit. Props to DC but.....don't underestimate the Stipe.

And Still.

To me this fight is pretty lop-sided.

DC is very confident, but he was confident twice against Jones and look what happened. He has a history of thinking he is better than he actually is and he isn't getting any younger. At one point he said he and Jones might be the two greatest fighters ever? What?

I like DC, but he hasn't beaten the greatest competition at LHW. Or at HW for that matter.

I thought Gus fought very stupidly in their fight and he still almost won. Stipe is bigger, a better wrestler, and a lot smarter than Gus.

I don't see how DC wins. At all.
U must have started watching mma when Conor had u on bandwagon. Go watch DCs old fights

Have you not seen DC fight heavyweights lol?
Nau5Dak.gif

KXGZvkg.gif

PinkFastAlaskajingle-max-1mb.gif

His debut against Mir was actually awful. A terrible performance he basically just pressed him on the cage for 15 minutes.
Was DC not supposed to utilize his strengths and instead handicap himself so that Frank had more of a chance? DC won that fight easily.

I feel the exact opposite, can't believe people actually think Stipe can win.

Not saying Stipe doesn't have good cardio, I give the edge to DC tho

Never seen Stipe go 5 with a fighter that can keep the kind of pace DC can, seen DC go 5 a couple of times against guys that can push back at the of tempo DC goes at.
Maybe it will be a factor maybe not, i'm interested to see.
Anybody who want five with stipe had a bad night though. That'll slow anyone down.
No, Cormier's MMA wrestling is better, who has Stipe hit takedowns on? Ngannou? Lol, DC has taken down everybody he has fought except Jones who is literally the GOAT AND was on steroids.
Yeah, I'm sure Francis was clean as a whistle.
He has a history of losing to one person. One person that might've been the greatest challenge in the sport.

Stipe should be favored, but not by a lot. DC has deceptive power in his hands, and obviously will have Stipe in trouble if he starts taking him down.

DC's fighting best was at heavyweight, that's where he belonged. He could've easily been a long reigning champion in the UFC, possibly keeping Stipe from ever winning the belt.
I disagree, Cormier's best performances were at LHW. Even his win against Barnett was just okay. Mostly 50-45s, a few takedowns.... but outstriking Barnett is not an amazing task at heavyweight

you failed at stipe being a better wrestler.

DC is very confident, but he was confident twice against Jones and look what happened. He has a history of thinking he is better than he actually is and he isn't getting any younger. At one point he said he and Jones might be the two greatest fighters ever? What?

I like DC, but he hasn't beaten the greatest competition at LHW. Or at HW for that matter.

I thought Gus fought very stupidly in their fight and he still almost won. Stipe is bigger, a better wrestler, and a lot smarter than Gus.

DC is the second best LHW of all time. If you angle in PEDs then he may be classed as the greatest. Yet I do agree he will be no real match for Stipe. He is just too small to cause Stipe any real issues.

It all comes down to the striking, not the wrestling. If Stipe can't outstrike DC and hurt him enough, he is going to be taken down by an Olympian, a level Stipe isn't anywhere close to

You seem to be unaware DC has never lost a lop sided fight. The first fight with Jones was competitive for 5 rounds, and he was probably winning the second until he got caught, so the idea it will be lop sides is not related to anything that has happened in Dc's career before.

How can he have a history of thinking he is better than he really is when he has one of the most impressive mma career's of all time?

Gus a lot faster and agile than Stipe is, So DC will have a bigger speed advantage over Stipe.

If Stipe cant catch Cormier on the chin comng in then Stipe is gonna a get collar-tied, uppercutted, and have to defend all sorts of TDs from a THICK DC. Chael says he has wrestled internationally at tmes at HW weighing in at 260 and winning against top HWs. He also had an incredible HW run in MMA. To simply count DC out is ludicrous.

Of course he can win. I say that with no disrespect. Stipe is badass and will be fighting his ass off like he does. DC should have better success getting inside on him than he did against Jones. Jones was bad a matchup for DC and against most people. DC just hasn't much a problem against other people. I expect he will once again grind his way to a win.

DC is basicly undefeated in HW and LHW, and you don't think he can win?
daniel-cormier-gif-3.gif

If the worst HW in the division "struve" can tko stipe, DC sure the hell can too lol.

2 hands at boxing range are the only genuine dangers to DC in this fight. DC poses danger there also, as well as every where else.

So TS your favourite MMA fighter is Boyka. You think he would have better chances against Stipe ?

Back