PA Officer Charged in Teen Shooting

Ah, so you KNOW he was an attempted murderer? Man, those ESP skills are dope. Why do we even have courts? Your ESP skills could solve all those.

Seriously, innocent until proven guilty? Or was the bullet the trial that declared him guilty? What is the jury selection process for a case of bullets?

And you guys wonder why people don't care when cops get shot. Your empathy sensor is broken, well mine is too. Put this pussy under the jail and summarily execute anyone who complains about it. It's the police way.
They found an empty mag on the kid but not a gun.

I guess cops should just not even bother answering calls in urban areas.

That, sadly, is a likely result of charging the officer in this situation. There is too much disincentive for police to enforce the law in the areas that need it most.

Ah, so you KNOW he was an attempted murderer? Man, those ESP skills are dope. Why do we even have courts? Your ESP skills could solve all those.

Seriously, innocent until proven guilty? Or was the bullet the trial that declared him guilty? What is the jury selection process for a case of bullets?

And you guys wonder why people don't care when cops get shot. Your empathy sensor is broken, well mine is too. Put this pussy under the jail and summarily execute anyone who complains about it. It's the police way.
he was in a vehicle that just committed a drive by shooting. Anyone in the vehicle is an attempted murderer. He chose to be involved in a criminal act. If he was an innocent person why would he run?

That, sadly, is a likely result of charging the officer in this situation. There is too much disincentive for police to enforce the law in the areas that need it most.
Cops are going to turn Blind eye in these areas and then the law abiding citizens will suffer even more.

Yah, cop was in the wrong here. Suspect was fleeing, no reason to shoot him as his life was hardly in any danger at that moment.

Suspect just shot someone in a drive by incident - Cop doesn't know if he's still armed or not - Suspect is an eminent threat to the community.

The defense rests your honor.

Lets face it, our police are way too trigger happy and get away with bad shoots way too often. Both training and selection of officers needs too change. Some recent examples the guy who got shot in swatting incident, and the pitiful drunk guy shot in the hotel hallway, both officers got off scot free.

This is all true, but has nothing to do with this particular case.

Cop shot someone that was involved in a drive-by shooting and tryed to run. Hes a hero as far as im concerned.

Legality and morality aren't the same thing

Probably would do well to remember that

True, but in this case I think the officer was both legally and morally correct.

You don't let a murder suspect flee the scene, for all you know he's on his way to shoot someone else.

Suspect just shot someone in a drive by incident - Cop doesn't know if he's still armed or not - Suspect is an eminent threat to the community.

The defense rests your honor.

That probably will be the defense, and its a fair arguement. But at the same time, he couldnt know for sure that the suspect was armed, or even the correct suspect at that moment.

Dont get me wrong, given the information we have at the moment I think the officer made the correct call, but at the time of the shooting I dont think he did. Its an ugly situation.

That probably will be the defense, and its a fair arguement. But at the same time, he couldnt know for sure that the suspect was armed, or even the correct suspect at that moment.

Dont get me wrong, given the information we have at the moment I think the officer made the correct call, but at the time of the shooting I dont think he did. Its an ugly situation.
The car matched the description of the one in the drive by and had bullet holes. Wasn't the fact that It had bullet holes the reason he was stopped in the first place? When you ad in that they tried to run its pretty fair to say he had a good reason to believe he was the right suspect.

Jen better select a trial by combat because a jury of his peers are gonna make sure bubba gets him from behind wit dat guilty verdict

There was a Thread about the shooting itself. Serving cops said that under State Law, it was a good shoot. PA Cops have the right to use lethal force on a perp or suspect fleeing a violent crime.
Yes it is a supreme court decision:

"This case requires us to determine the constitutionality of the use of deadly force to prevent the escape of an apparently unarmed suspected felon. We conclude that such force may not be used unless it is necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/471/1.html

Because they shoot and kill innocent people
<0.01% shoot and kill anyone, let alone innocent people.

If the general population had the same propensity for killing as police we’d be pretty well off. Criminal cops are the worst, but they’re pretty damn far from the majority.

Meanwhile you have all the tough guys in here saying they don’t care if police are killed. Good riddance, I guess.

Legality and morality aren't the same thing

Probably would do well to remember that
Are drive by shootings moral?

Its a good thing we base our laws on logic and reason, and not "morality".
Morality is subject to opinion and individual interpretation and is transient over time.

<0.01% shoot and kill anyone, let alone innocent people.

If the general population had the same propensity for killing as police we’d be pretty well off. Criminal cops are the worst, but they’re pretty damn far from the majority.

Meanwhile you have all the tough guys in here saying they don’t care if police are killed. Good riddance, I guess.

It's not just kill innocent people, it's treat people like shit and the like. Granted it's a small % (that get busted) but all we would have to do is setup a police culture that allows other officers to expose the ones who commit crimes.

I do not want any cops killed (unless they are involved in dirty business)

Back