PA Officer Charged in Teen Shooting

is this the guy who was on the job for like 90 minutes? Cops gonna cop

I hear ya but come on... It's a little more than a few bad apples.
I don't think it is.
Take any profession... plumbing... and make the nation conscious largely of negative stories. Then the public perception will be swayed towards people who opine "A plumber fucked up? Plumbers gonna plumb."

It's sloppy thinking.

Is this the one where the car had bullets holes and matched the description of a car used in a drive by shooting?

I don't think it is.
Take any profession... plumbing... and make the nation conscious largely of negative stories. Then the public perception will be swayed towards people who opine "A plumber fucked up? Plumbers gonna plumb."

It's sloppy thinking.

I kinda like plumbers gonna plumb.

When a plumber does a bad job someone doesn't usually die. There is a difference. What if 5 McDonalds a week in the US killed someone with food poisoning. Could we say, McDonalds gonna McDonal?

When a plumber does a bad job someone doesn't usually die. There is a difference. What if 5 McDonalds a week in the US killed someone with food poisoning. Could we say, McDonalds gonna McDonal?

So what's your airtight solution that will eliminate any and all potentially bad cops?

Yeah, and I believe guns were found in the car as well.
Just clicked on the article it was and they found guns in the car. I guess cops should just not even bother answering calls in urban areas.

Just clicked on the article it was and they found guns in the car. I guess cops should just not even bother answering calls in urban areas.

I think this was a pressure move to charge the cop, to ease some tension in the area. If the incident went down as is, and they were indeed the suspects in a drive-by, the cop will and should walk.

I would say the major difference is that a sink pipe won't take your tools and assault you with them if you're not polite and don't try to remove them from where they want to be. A sink pipe won't have its own tools it's hiding from you so it can use them to assault you.
A plumber doesn't need to fear for his life or interpret vagaries in a panic situation. A thing either works or it doesn't. It either needs replacing or it doesn't.

Why do people feel like they have to continue with attribution fallacies and oversimplifying what a police officer does in an effort to portray all of them as a hive mind of corruption?

Aww, can't shoot people in the back, take your ball and go home.

I think this was a pressure move to charge the cop, to ease some tension in the area. If the incident went down as is, and they were indeed the suspects in a drive-by, the cop will and should walk.
It was a pressure move and ridiculous. It just shows the criminals they can do what they want.

Aww, can't shoot people in the back, take your ball and go home.
the kid was fleeing a car used in a drive by shooting. The police should have let him go right? I am sure he was just trying to get home to study for a tests. This police cannot afford to wait to see in situations like this. This was a criminal that was involved in a violent crime.

It was a pressure move and ridiculous. It just shows the criminals they can do what they want.

Well, like I said, if the incident happened as reported, the cop will walk. I think the decision to charge him, if it was in fact a pressure move to ease tensions, was short sighted. If he does end up walking, the outrage will be even worse. I think they're hoping people have gotten over it by the time that decision is made.

the kid was fleeing a car used in a drive by shooting. The police should have let him go right? I am sure he was just trying to get home to study for a tests. This police cannot afford to wait to see in situations like this. This was a criminal that was involved in a violent crime.

Society is slowly but surely illustrating that we won't be satisfied with summary execution of people for the crime of running away. If the officer can't keep up, then they need to get their asses to the gym and hit the treadmill for a spell.

If you shoot a man in the back, they should drop you where you stand. You would have earned it.

Yah, cop was in the wrong here. Suspect was fleeing, no reason to shoot him as his life was hardly in any danger at that moment.

There was a Thread about the shooting itself. Serving cops said that under State Law, it was a good shoot. PA Cops have the right to use lethal force on a perp or suspect fleeing a violent crime.

Back