PA Officer Charged in Teen Shooting

Well it's the kid that was involved in a drive by shooting so I guess thugs gonna thug?

So the police are now the judge and jury? Police are there to arrest alleged perpetrators. I literally cannot think of 1 acceptable scenario where it's ok for a cop to shoot someone in the back who is running away.

Cop would be wrong 100/100 times

So the police are now the judge and jury? Police are there to arrest alleged perpetrators. I literally cannot think of 1 acceptable scenario where it's ok for a cop to shoot someone in the back who is running away.

Cop would be wrong 100/100 times
Someone is running away from the cop in order to stab another person to death. That was easy.

It's not just kill innocent people, it's treat people like shit and the like. Granted it's a small % (that get busted) but all we would have to do is setup a police culture that allows other officers to expose the ones who commit crimes.

I do not want any cops killed (unless they are involved in dirty business)
All I can speak for is my department where I assure you there isn’t a culture of protecting criminal officers. It happens, they get arrested (four in the last 365 Days which is an uncommonly high amount here), nobody sheds a tear for them. Some departments are rotten to the core, and obviously it would and has been up to Federal interventions to put a stop to it. Places like Baltimore and Milwaukee are terribly run from what I’ve seen and heard.

Right you want cops killed if they’re involved in “dirty business” but if gangbangers are killed that’s unacceptable? How about we see all murders as unacceptable?

If the cop saw the kid's hands held no weapon and still shot him in the back as he ran then charges sound good to me.

Please don't attribute the actions of few to the many.

They all stick up for each other no matter how corrupt they are.

The few bad apples argument doesn't hold a drop of water. There are no steve rogers in the American police. At the end of the day they're all followers.

The few bad apples argument doesn't hold a drop of water. There are no steve rogers in the American police. At the end of the day they're all followers.

Like anyone else, yhey just wanna go home to keep bringing those paychecks home to their families.

They all
They they they

It's a basic fallacy. It's not honest analysis.

I don't think it is.
Take any profession... plumbing... and make the nation conscious largely of negative stories. Then the public perception will be swayed towards people who opine "A plumber fucked up? Plumbers gonna plumb."

It's sloppy thinking.
Do plumbers kill people on the job?

I love how ouraged they all are over the gangbanger getting shot, but not a single fuck given the fact they just got done doing a drive-by shooting.
Yep, the police are the problem here.

The left have gone completely off the rails. They support murdeorus gangbangers and act like illegal immigrants are victims. MS13 are good guys now lol

The left have gone completely off the rails. They support murdeorus gangbangers and act like illegal immigrants are victims. MS13 are good guys now lol
Donny Moscow's election is a direct result, a pushback.
If the left doesn't learn from this, jeezdang.

Still sound as good?
Is it still solid reasoning?

What on earth are you talking about. "Black people" don't work for the people and are paid for by taxes.

Honestly how often do you hear corrupt cops being turned in by other cops. Rarely if ever

What on earth are you talking about. "Black people" don't work for the people and are paid for by taxes.

Honestly how often do you hear corrupt cops being turned in by other cops. Rarely if ever
I guess I hadn't realized how bad you are at argumentation.
Do you understand the logical fallacy you employed?

I guess I hadn't realized how bad you are at argumentation.
Do you understand the logical fallacy you employed?

lol I'm bad at arguing. This coming from a guy defending cops for NOT speaking up against the corrupt ones who constantly do the wrong thing.

Nice try here pal but you're defending an isnitution that almost never goes against their own

lol I'm bad at arguing. This coming from a guy defending cops for NOT speaking up against the corrupt ones who constantly do the wrong thing.

Nice try here pal but you're defending an isnitution that almost never goes against their own
You employed an attribution fallacy. I exchanged the police in your reasoning with black people.
It's still good reasoning, right? As it stands on its own, do you still agree with your own statement?

"The fundamental attribution error is our tendency to explain someone's behavior based on internal factors, such as personality or disposition, and to underestimate the influence that external factors, such as situational influences, have on another person's behavior."

You can't blithely attribute qualities to a whole group from a small few.
It's what explains racism.

Can't you see what your argument necessarily implies?

You employed an attribution fallacy. I exchanged the police in your reasoning with black people.
It's still good reasoning, right? As it stands on its own, do you still agree with your own statement?

"The fundamental attribution error is our tendency to explain someone's behavior based on internal factors, such as personality or disposition, and to underestimate the influence that external factors, such as situational influences, have on another person's behavior."

You can't blithely attribute qualities to a whole group from a small few.
It's what explains racism.

Can't you see what your argument necessarily implies?

But it isn't a small few. That's where your argument holds no weight. The ones who stand around and watch an innocent man or woman get beaten are just as bad as the ones who carry out these types of things.

Also black people and the police have nothing to do with each other in this argument or this flimsy attempt at logic.

For one, one group isn't paid for by the taxpayer and employed to work with the tax payers as their job.

And once again how many of the so called good apples turn the bad ones in. Rarely if ever. I'd say 99% of the time they don't. We also see that truth every single day.

For instance the cops who weren't beating Rodney king would've turned the bad ones in? No they stood around and watched and would've done nothing if it wasn't caught on camera.

But it isn't a small few. That's where your argument holds no weight. The ones who stand around and watch an innocent man or woman get beaten are just as bad as the ones who carry out these types of things.

Also black people and the police have nothing to do with each other in this argument or this flimsy attempt at logic.

For one, one group isn't paid for by the taxpayer and employed to work with the tax payers as their job.

And once again how many of the so called good apples turn the bad ones in. Rarely if ever. I'd say 99% of the time they don't. We also see that truth every single day.

For instance the cops who weren't beating Rodney king would've turned the bad ones in? No they stood around and watched and would've done nothing if it wasn't caught on camera.
I suppose your mind is made up and you can't be reasonable about the issue.
<Fedor23>

I suppose your mind is made up and you can't be reasonable about the issue.
<Fedor23>

As is yours.

But once again how often do you see the "good apples" turn on the "bad ones."

Almost never. If it was the opposite I would agree with you but sadly that isn't how things work here.

As is yours.

But once again how often do you see the "good apples" turn on the "bad ones."

Almost never. If it was the opposite I would agree with you but sadly that isn't how things work here.
Again, do you understand why attributing negative qualities to a whole is the foundation of a flawed argument?
I just want to know if you get the basics.

Back