PA Officer Charged in Teen Shooting

Society is slowly but surely illustrating that we won't be satisfied with summary execution of people for the crime of running away. If the officer can't keep up, then they need to get their asses to the gym and hit the treadmill for a spell.

If you shoot a man in the back, they should drop you where you stand. You would have earned it.
the vehicle matched and was later identified as being used in a drive by. There have been numerous times where suspects have turned back and shot police. Should the cop have waited for suspect to stop running? Here is an idea don’t be a lowlife criminal. The suspect was trying to kill someone just prior to this and we are supposed to feel sorry for him? He is an attempted murderer that brought this on himself.

I love how ouraged they all are over the gangbanger getting shot, but not a single fuck given the fact they just got done doing a drive-by shooting.
Yep, the police are the problem here.

Yah, cop was in the wrong here. Suspect was fleeing, no reason to shoot him as his life was hardly in any danger at that moment.

So they are to let a kid who was just involved in a shooting just run away? This is a weird one for me. I normally don't agree with shooting anyone unarmed at he seemed to be at the time, but evidence also points to him being involved in a drive by shooting.

Also, if we are going to use blanket accusations about the police, are we doing so for other groups, as well?
Career is a choice, sure, but so is criminal behavior.

the vehicle matched and was later identified as being used in a drive by. There have been numerous times where suspects have turned back and shot police. Should the cop have waited for suspect to stop running? Here is an idea don’t be a lowlife criminal. The suspect was trying to kill someone just prior to this and we are supposed to feel sorry for him? He is an attempted murderer that brought this on himself.

Ah, so you KNOW he was an attempted murderer? Man, those ESP skills are dope. Why do we even have courts? Your ESP skills could solve all those.

Seriously, innocent until proven guilty? Or was the bullet the trial that declared him guilty? What is the jury selection process for a case of bullets?

And you guys wonder why people don't care when cops get shot. Your empathy sensor is broken, well mine is too. Put this pussy under the jail and summarily execute anyone who complains about it. It's the police way.

Just clicked on the article it was and they found guns in the car. I guess cops should just not even bother answering calls in urban areas.

But doesn't everyone have the right to carry a gun in America? Shouldn't cops assume everyone is armed?

His only justification would be if there was reasonable belief that the kid was a suspect in a violent crime, and considered a threat to the public.

If he can't prove that, he's fucked.

This is what it’ll boil down to. I’m glad he was charged so that proper trial can prove guilt or innocence, rather than a sweeping under the rug

Would be bullshit if this is the case that the cop gets held responsible for. I'm a harsh critic of law enforcement's behavior, but this was a pretty justified shooting. Don't want to comply or respect cops? Fine, but running is a stupid move that makes it impossible for them to do their job which is ultimately protecting the public.

I would say the major difference is that a sink pipe won't take your tools and assault you with them if you're not polite and don't try to remove them from where they want to be. A sink pipe won't have its own tools it's hiding from you so it can use them to assault you.
A plumber doesn't need to fear for his life or interpret vagaries in a panic situation. A thing either works or it doesn't. It either needs replacing or it doesn't.

Why do people feel like they have to continue with attribution fallacies and oversimplifying what a police officer does in an effort to portray all of them as a hive mind of corruption?

Because they shoot and kill innocent people

So they are to let a kid who was just involved in a shooting just run away? This is a weird one for me. I normally don't agree with shooting anyone unarmed at he seemed to be at the time, but evidence also points to him being involved in a drive by shooting.

Yah, its not a cut and dry case by any means. But with the tempers in the US staying pretty much just below the explosion point at all times its better to err on the side of caution imo.

Honestly, there may not have been an actual proper answer to this situation. But NOT shooting him was the better of two shit options.

Ah, so you KNOW he was an attempted murderer? Man, those ESP skills are dope. Why do we even have courts? Your ESP skills could solve all those.

Seriously, innocent until proven guilty? Or was the bullet the trial that declared him guilty? What is the jury selection process for a case of bullets?

And you guys wonder why people don't care when cops get shot. Your empathy sensor is broken, well mine is too. Put this pussy under the jail and summarily execute anyone who complains about it. It's the police way.
The dude shouldn't have ran. I agree that running alone doesn't justify a shooting, but when you have a recent homicide and this close of a match on the suspects, you need cooperation to avoid things like this.

His only justification would be if there was reasonable belief that the kid was a suspect in a violent crime, and considered a threat to the public.

If he can't prove that, he's fucked.

the burden of proof is on the state. Anyway, these trials to appease angry mobs are a detriment to justice.

the burden of proof is on the state. Anyway, these trials to appease angry mobs are a detriment to justice.

I'd agree that this one might be. As long as all the facts are in the cop's favor, which they appear to be(who knows though?). At best, it's a waste of time and money, and won't be productive at all.

But doesn't everyone have the right to carry a gun in America? Shouldn't cops assume everyone is armed?

I would like to see a regulation requiring a cop to draw his weapon on every traffic stop involving a vehicle with an NRA bumper sticker. As there would be a reasonable assumption that the driver was armed.

Lets face it, our police are way too trigger happy and get away with bad shoots way too often. Both training and selection of officers needs too change. Some recent examples the guy who got shot in swatting incident, and the pitiful drunk guy shot in the hotel hallway, both officers got off scot free.

I would like to see a regulation requiring a cop to draw his weapon on every traffic stop involving a vehicle with an NRA bumper sticker. As there would be a reasonable assumption that the driver was armed.
Except that cops don't draw their weapon on every traffic stop, and beyond that, NRA members generally practice firearm discipline and aren't criminals.
But mostly, cops don't draw their weapon on every traffic stop to begin with.

Except that cops don't draw their weapon on every traffic stop, and beyond that, NRA members generally practice firearm discipline and aren't criminals.
But mostly, cops don't draw their weapon on every traffic stop to begin with.

They are known to be sticklers for those who are suspected in drive-by's though.

Back