Crime Former Officer Acquitted In George Floyd-esque Death

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...-trial-in-milwaukee-joel-acevedo/71427833007/

This trial has been 3 years in the making and was pretty big news when it happened. Off duty officer hosts a party and everyone enjoys some drinks. The cop wakes up to the victim rummaging through his pockets and asks him to leave. The man refuses and a struggle ensues. It was alleged the cop compressed the man's neck and chest to a degree that he died from a lack of oxygen. Defense lobbied that a combination of cocaine use and asthma caused the man's death. Ultimately jurors sided with the officer and have acquitted him.

And that criminal POS has a mural lol
This shit can only happen in the west

Why would the cause of death matter, in a self-defense scenario?

Eh im usually first to be skeptical of cops, bur dude was trying to steal shit and a fight broke out

So a crackhead was robbing a cop at his house and assaulting other guests then got held down by said cop and he had a heart attack. It’s a shame but fuck around and find out

If that was true how in the world could they have donated his heart?

If that was true how in the world could have have donated his heart?
They’ll take it but it’s more complicated than I’m going to try and cover in a post via mobile

They’ll take it but it’s more complicated than I’m going to try and cover in a post via mobile

At the time of death, doctors determine whether you are medically suitable for donation. They evaluate each organ individually and even though some organs may be damaged, others might be healthy enough for transplant. For example, if someone passes away from a heart attack, they are not going to be able to donate their heart

https://www.life-source.org/latest/...n individually,donate their kidneys and liver.

At the time of death, doctors determine whether you are medically suitable for donation. They evaluate each organ individually and even though some organs may be damaged, others might be healthy enough for transplant. For example, if someone passes away from a heart attack, they are not going to be able to donate their heart

https://www.life-source.org/latest/would-certain-conditions-or-diseases-make-you-ineligible-to-donate/#:~:text=They evaluate each organ individually,donate their kidneys and liver.
I’ve had several friends work for the life center and some rules have changed around diseases like cancer and whatnot but it’s complicated

He didn’t die from a heart attack anyway. The medical examiner determined it was caused by anoxic encephalopathy — or severe brain damage caused by a lack of oxygen.

Meh. I think the dude is getting fucked in a lawsuit. It’s hard to say what really happened and if it was justified based upon the story. The jury had some holdouts but once they were told “sorry, you’re here until you agree.” An hour later, they agreed he wasn’t guilty. That tells me one hold out and a weak case at best. And they were trying to lock this guy up for life on that weak ass case. Why is it always cops, off duty cops, normal people that get hammered with 20-50 years for shot like this whereas some piece of shit lifelong felonnshoots someone and he gets less than ten years?

The guys medical condition and his acting a fool fucked him. They were clearly just holding him for police, but they should have dragged him out of the house and shut the door. They know who he is. It’s not like he’s going to get away. But the “depraved condition they they didn’t even know if he was still breathing or not” is not evidence of a murder and it’s not evidence of civil liability. You don’t get to come into people’s houses and act a fool.

And how in the fuck are they suing the police department and chief? He was off duty. Money grubbing pests

I've read a few articles about this and have yet to see a detailed explanation of what happened. Gonna refrain judgement until I see that. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the police, it was a confrontation between two friends, one of whom happened to be a former cop. Imo referring to this as "George Floyd-esque" is just a cry for attention.

I've read a few articles about this and have yet to see a detailed explanation of what happened. Gonna refrain judgement until I see that. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the police, it was a confrontation between two friends, one of whom happened to be a former cop. Imo referring to this as "George Floyd-esque" is just a cry for attention.
The dude died being restrained, medical examiners offering differing opinions, drugs supposedly a contributing factor. More similarities than you're willing to acknowledge

"George Floyd-esque death"? He arrested a guy who overdosed on fentanyl?
Guy supposedly died due to neck and chest compression like Floyd. Defense argued drugs were a factor, like the Floyd case. Medical examiners offered differing opinions, like the Floyd case

Back