Official Women's Division Discussion #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paige VanZant training at Gracie Barra Portland, Oregon

This comes up blank for me, is something wrong or is that the joke? (Edit: Oh, that because she has me blocked on Instagram. LOL.)

paige banged like half of team alpha males it probably got awkward with the gym full of eskimo brothers

avatars-000020965936-wo2ln2-t500x500.jpg

Last edited:
The hashtag "chopped" seems to me to be an unfortunate one, especially when associated with a reference to "Cancer Train", considering that there are those who still hold it against Paige VanZant that she never chopped off all her hair for cancer charity. I must confess that even I was studying the photo to see if her hair looked noticeably shorter until I looked into matters further.

What the "chopped" hashtag ACTUALLY refers to, however, is the Food Network's TV show "Chopped" which will have Paige competing in a televised cooking competition in which she could potentially win $50,000 for the charity of her choice. She will be one of the celebrity contestants on the show (including Dorothy Hamill, LaMarr Woodley, comedian Ron Funches, Alan Thicke, and others). [EDIT: Thicke and Funches were on a different episode (or season?)]

Celebrities Enter the Chopped Kitchen for Charity in the All-New Star Power Tournament
by FN Dish Editor in Shows, March 3rd, 2017

http://blog.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/2017/03/chopped-star-power-tournament/

Last edited:
The hashtag "chopped" seems to me to be an unfortunate one, especially when associated with a reference to "Cancer Train", considering that there are those who still hold it against Paige VanZant that she never chopped off all her hair for cancer charity. I must confess that even I was studying the photo to see if her hair looked noticeably shorter until I looked into matters further.

What the "chopped" hashtag ACTUALLY refers to, however, is the Food Network's TV show "Chopped" which will have Paige competing in a televised cooking competition in which she could potentially win $50,000 for the charity of her choice. She will be one of the celebrity contestants on the show (including Dorothy Hamill, LaMarr Woodley, comedian Ron Funches, Alan Thicke, and others).

Celebrities Enter the Chopped Kitchen for Charity in the All-New Star Power Tournament
by FN Dish Editor in Shows, March 3rd, 2017

Well, she could keep her word to dying kids. Not a difficult concept. While I am not one to go about the board crying about this sort of thing, it is truly fucking pathetic, and one of the reasons why I wish for her to lose every fight.

Isn't he...... Dead?

You're right.
He was on a different episode (or season? ...the website is confusing). Funches was also on a different episode or season.

Last edited:
VanZant's episode of "Chopped" will air April 4 through April 9.

Season 33, Episode 2
Star Power: Culinary Muscle!
In the second preliminary competition of Chopped's Star Power Tournament, four star athletes -- Dorothy Hamill, Paige VanZant, LaMarr Woodley and Mariel Zagunis -- battle it out in the kitchen. An exceptionally weird flavor of soda and a pleasingly cheesy dish are two of the basket stumpers that they face in round one. The judges get three distinct lamb dishes from a threesome of sports stars in the entree round, then the two athletes who get to rock dessert get rock candy as one of their mandatory ingredients.

TUESDAY
Apr 4
10pm | 9c
WEDNESDAY
Apr 5
1am | 12c
THURSDAY
Apr 6
9pm | 8c
FRIDAY
Apr 7
12am | 11c
SUNDAY
Apr 9
4pm | 3c

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/chopped/episodes/star-power-culinary-muscle

VanZant's episode of "Chopped" will air April 4 through April 9.

Season 33, Episode 2
Star Power: Culinary Muscle!
In the second preliminary competition of Chopped's Star Power Tournament, four star athletes -- Dorothy Hamill, Paige VanZant, LaMarr Woodley and Mariel Zagunis -- battle it out in the kitchen. An exceptionally weird flavor of soda and a pleasingly cheesy dish are two of the basket stumpers that they face in round one. The judges get three distinct lamb dishes from a threesome of sports stars in the entree round, then the two athletes who get to rock dessert get rock candy as one of their mandatory ingredients.

TUESDAY
Apr 4
10pm | 9c
WEDNESDAY
Apr 5
1am | 12c
THURSDAY
Apr 6
9pm | 8c
FRIDAY
Apr 7
12am | 11c
SUNDAY
Apr 9
4pm | 3c

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/chopped/episodes/star-power-culinary-muscle
As much as it's dumb that she's on the show...it's kind of an entertaining show, haha :p

I don't have any ill will toward Ms. VanZant. Kind of lame that she made empty promises, but I'm guessing kids with cancer don't give a rat's fat ass about her hair (and neither do I.) They've got more important stuff to worry about than some two-bit "celebrity." She needs her hair so she can keep her career going while it still has value. Her switch-kick to Rawlings' head is about the only noteworthy thing she's done in the cage. She needs to make herself relevant again. Her guest appearances are downgrading!

Long hair, big butt, two failed drug tests? Not sure who that'd be.

I thought D'alelio signed with Bellator anyway?
She did fight for them, but who knows what the terms were.

I don't entirely agree with what Sarah said, but Invicta definitely has fighters it hypes and books more than others. For example, in the flyweight division, they couldn't stop gushing over Andrea Lee before her last fight, and never once mentioned why she had been gone a year. Another fighter in a different division would be Megan Anderson, who got a bigger push than Cindy Dandois, after Dandois beat Anderson.

She did fight for them, but who knows what the terms were.

I don't entirely agree with what Sarah said, but Invicta definitely has fighters it hypes and books more than others. For example, in the flyweight division, they couldn't stop gushing over Andrea Lee before her last fight, and never once mentioned why she had been gone a year. Another fighter in a different division would be Megan Anderson, who got a bigger push than Cindy Dandois, after Dandois beat Anderson.

Or it is even better when you are good friends with the match-maker.

Before Invicta was on FP, it seemed as though things were a bit less focused on "marketing." Perhaps it's just coincidence, but I can understand why Invicta might put certain fighters in the limelight. It's like any other business. Gotta go with what sells. Not exactly ideal for true competition, but I'd rather have that than no Invicta at all.

Still, overall, I'd venture to say that Invicta is WAY more fighter-friendly than any other organization. They seem to do a fantastic job of taking care of fighters and, for the most part, treating them fairly. I'm sure they'd pay better if they could.

D'Alelio should definitely be in line for a title shot. She's more than earned it. Would be an awesome fight with Maia. Would any other FLWs be a good addition to FC23?

Her switch-kick to Rawlings' head is about the only noteworthy thing she's done in the cage.

VanZant's victory over Kailin Curran was honored with the Fight Of The Night bonus, all the more impressive because it was a Fight Pass prelim fight (hence I assume the UFC wasn't trying hard to promote her at that time, or they wouldn't have hidden her away in a Fight Pass prelim).

VanZant's victory over Kailin Curran was honored with the Fight Of The Night bonus, all the more impressive because it was a Fight Pass prelim fight (hence I assume the UFC wasn't trying hard to promote her at that time, or they wouldn't have hidden her away in a Fight Pass prelim).

Ah, yes. Forgot all about that one. Poor Curran. Fallen by the wayside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back