Official Women's Division Discussion #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

Upcoming!

UFC Fight Night 105 - Feb 19

LwhU37O.png

BW: Sara McMann (10-3) vs Gina Mazany (4-0)

SW: Carla Esparza (11-3) vs Randa Markos (6-4)

---

Bellator 174 - Mar 3

Bellator-174-Marloes-Coenen-vs-Julia-Budd-Fight-Poster.jpg

FW(C): Marloes Coenen (23-7) vs Julia Budd (9-2)

FW: Alexis Dufresne (6-2) vs Gabrielle Holloway (5-5)

Fly: Emily Ducote (4-2) vs Katy Collins (6-1)

---

UFC Fight Night 106 - Mar 11

correia-vs-reneau-335x280.jpg

BW: Bethe Correia (10-2) vs Marion Reneau (7-3)

---

UFC Fight Night 107 - Mar 16

C2iCsSCVIAAfPsX.jpg

BW: Lina Lansberg (6-2) vs Veronica Macedo (5-1-1)

---

Invicta FC 22 - Mar 25

ifc22_1-474x324.jpg

BW: (C)Tonya Evinger (18-5) vs Yana Kunitskaya (9-2)

SW: Ayaka Hamasaki (14-1) vs Livia Renata Souza (9-1)

SW: DeAnna Bennett (8-2) vs Jodie Esquibel (5-2)

AW: Jinh Yu Frey (5-2) vs Janaisa Morandin (9-0)

SW: Sunna Davidsdottir (1-0) vs Mallory Martin (1-0)

SW: Kalyn Schwartz (1-0) vs Miranda Maverick (1-0)

---

UFC 210 - Apr 8

C3NCJlxWMAAaRo0.jpg

220px-UFC_208_poster.jpg

BW: Katlyn Chookagian (8-1) vs Irene Aldana (7-3)

---

UFC on Fox 24 - Apr 15

UFC_on_FOX_24_Namajunas_vs._Waterson_Poster.jpg

SW: Rose Namajunas (5-3) vs Michelle Waterson (14-4)

---

UFC Fight Night 108 - Apr 22

C4gCG8PUYAEmtUY.jpg

SW: Jessica Penne (12-4) vs Danielle Taylor (8-2)

Last Thread

Didn't notice Dufresne vs. Holloway until now. Bellator's WFW Div. already more exciting than UFC's. BTW what's the deal with Talita Nogueira? She's signed with Bellator but hasn't fought since 2013. Her last scheduled fight was against Coenen at Bellator 163 but it was cancelled after she missed weight. Has Arlene Blencowe been released?

I'd also like to see Sinead Kavanagh in the mix. Bellator should make a run for Cindy if neither UFC nor Invicta are interested.

Of all the banners I like the Invicta one the best :) a very nice, clean and clear look (lets hope the fight is clean and clear too, this time ;))

Just googled Gabrielle Holloway - she's going for the cyborg- terminator-look in her twitter pic, lol

nIbfLniQ.jpg

Still think female Thiago Silva is gonna take this. 145 seems like it could be a good fit for Dufresne (if she watched her weight a bit better...) whereas Holloway is really short for FW (5'3'' - yikes!).

Hope that Coenen vs Budd will be a good fight, but am afraid that it won't :/

Really don't like the Penne vs Taylor match-up.
Too big risk it will turn out like Moroz vs Taylor.

Just wanna say I like that you started the last thread off with a pic of Rin Nakai, and this thread is lead off by no less than Carla Esparza.

Starting the threads with winnerz like them is a surefire mark of success and a sign of good taste ;)
tumblr_nwsojigWTs1uj105mo1_500.gif

Really don't like the Penne vs Taylor match-up.
Too big risk it will turn out like Moroz vs Taylor.
I figure the crew at Alliance will have figured out a game plan for Penne to beat her. I mean, how hard can it be? She circles one way, The she circles some more in the same way, then she circles some more. New direction? Nope. Same direction. Most boring fighter since Severn.

I figure the crew at Alliance will have figured out a game plan for Penne to beat her. I mean, how hard can it be? She circles one way, The she circles some more in the same way, then she circles some more. New direction? Nope. Same direction. Most boring fighter since Severn.
God I hope so.
I can't stand Taylor's run away from the fight and hope for a gift decision win tactic.
Would also like Penne to get a win.

In. Still too lazy to post a gif. DGAF or something.

UFC Halifax Weigh-In's -

Carla Esparza (116)
Randa Markos (116 - Had to use the hoop thingy, she looked a bit drained so I hope it doesn't affect her performance or anything. Seriously rooting for Randa to win this).

Sara McMann (135)
Gina Mazany (139.5 - Missed weight, will have to forfeit 20% of her fight purse to McMann, bout with McMann still on).

I'm patiently waiting for the UFC top brass to get to work on Nunes vs. Zingano II, after which the Alpha Cat will breathe new life into the stagnating BW division by appearing on mainstream talkshow circuit with her compelling fighter/motherhood narrative, together with a suplexes highlight reel :cool:

I'm patiently waiting for the UFC top brass to get to work on Nunes vs. Zingano II, after which the Alpha Cat will breathe new life into the stagnating BW division by appearing on mainstream talkshow circuit with her compelling fighter/motherhood narrative, together with a suplexes highlight reel :cool:

Would be a good idea, since after her next fight Amanda will be coming off of a loss as well, when Shevchencko takes the title.

:)

Since its a new thread... I'd like to take the time to thank the people here who dig through all kinds of social media and news websites and shit and bring the info here.

I don't have time (or the desire) to do any of that shit, so I only catch what a few fighters throw on facebook (no twitter or anything.)

This thread has pretty much become my #1 news source for whats going on. What you guys do is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I'm done being nice now. Get back to work.

Holloway is really short for FW (5'3'' - yikes!).
:eek: Damn!!

Just wanna say I like that you started the last thread off with a pic of Rin Nakai, and this thread is lead off by no less than Randa Markos.

Starting the threads with winnerz like them is a surefire mark of success and a sign of good taste ;)
tumblr_nwsojigWTs1uj105mo1_500.gif
Fixed...

Penne actually didn't look too bad in her last fight comparably too before that...Andrade just Andrade'd her.

Randa Markos (116 - Had to use the hoop thingy, she looked a bit drained so I hope it doesn't affect her performance or anything. Seriously rooting for Randa to win this).
Is normal.

Would be a good idea, since after her next fight Amanda will be coming off of a loss as well, when Shevchencko takes the title.

{<redford}

Since its a new thread... I'd like to take the time to thank the people here who dig through all kinds of social media and news websites and shit and bring the info here.

I don't have time (or the desire) to do any of that shit, so I only catch what a few fighters throw on facebook (no twitter or anything.)

This thread has pretty much become my #1 news source for whats going on. What you guys do is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I'm done being nice now. Get back to work.
<40>

If that happens, I hope this will be the victory dance in the Octagon:

Whoops. I somehow missed the Artaega fight when I was making the thread.

Pretty fun fight. Felt bad for Mayo.

Clever girl. If she can back it up with the necessary wins, this "white knighting Rousey" angle is a smart way to tap into a big dormant fan base.
Her strength of schedule is her biggest enemy. She needs to quit going into seclusion after every fight, and focus on the now, instead of focusing on wins that are 3-4 years old at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back