Official Women's Division Discussion #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, D'alelio's name never crossed my mind as a potential contender for the Flyweight title. Niedzwiedz/Maia was the title fight I had in mind but i'd also settle for D'alelio/Maia.

She needs to make herself relevant again. Her guest appearances are downgrading!

I'm not sure that I agree. She's never going to be a champion or even an elite fighter. Her job, as far as the UFC is concerned, is to put a cute, wholesome, positive face on cage fighting. She's doing a good job of that.

I doubt she or they are in any hurry for her to fight again :p

I'm not sure that I agree. She's never going to be a champion or even an elite fighter. Her job, as far as the UFC is concerned, is to put a cute, wholesome, positive face on cage fighting. She's doing a good job of that.

I doubt she or they are in any hurry for her to fight again :p

I was just thinking that going from DWTS to Chopped is a step down in terms of publicity. I didn't recognize any of the others who will be on the show with her. Maybe if she can get a couple more highlight reel knockouts she can be the next bachelorette. Her suitors can be a bunch of dudes who were cut from various seasons of TUF. Reality TV gold!

giphy.gif

But to be fair to Invicta, nobody has been booked yet.

Also, I assume Invicta is in the business of making money. KGB Lee can probably put a lot more asses in seats than Sarah can.

Sometimes they just need to put the star in the cage, good or bad. Michelle Waterson is a perfect example. Remember when they wanted to make a splash for Invicta's Fight Pass debut? Hamderlei was the obvious choice, but she turned it down. That left the #5 Atomweight in the world.... 47 year old Yasuko Tamada. But they HAD to get Michelle on there. We see a in cage murder. (by the way, the 105lb rankings are STILL full of Japanese women who would get destroyed stateside. Crazy.)

A few months later, their only other star, Cyborg, pulls out, so they put Michelle in on short notice. She has a bad weight cut, she loses the fight and Invicta loses her to the UFC.

Invicta isn't NEARLY as bad as the UFC when it comes to twisting things in favor of stars, but they still are in the business of making money.

I wouldn't mind Maia vs. D'Alelio, but I'm really for Niedzwiedz to get the title shot, if not then I'd love to see Aga vs. KGB as the Co-Main.

Quite a crew they have at Jackson's these days.

KXhOo2u.png

Amazing how WMMA is growing. For YEARS, it was basically just Julie Kedzie and Michelle Waterson doing MMA there. Then Esquibel and Holm started. Now there are often a dozen WMMA fighters there.

Same with places like Alliance and ATT. The skill level is rising so fast. Great to see.

Lanchana Green looked good on TUF, wonder when her next fight is. She's been a Jackson's awhile now.

Honestly, D'alelio's name never crossed my mind as a potential contender for the Flyweight title. Niedzwiedz/Maia was the title fight I had in mind but i'd also settle for D'alelio/Maia.
I'd say D'Alelio deserves a shot more based on strength of schedule. 3 fights in the division in the same span Neidzwiedz has two, plus a stronger win in KGB than Niedzwiedz's win over late replacement Stanley.

More cost effective, as well, to have someone already Stateside than flying someone from Europe.

they can delay it, but its just a matter of time before Niedzwiedz is champ

C8Q1K9pXoAEIjAI.jpg

meatball has a distinct size advantage
Lacie has fought at 105. She's a classic, "doesn't give a fuck, just wants to fight" fighter. She has the record that goes with that: 11-9 She's the definition of a journeywoman.

That said, she always brings it. I'm never surprised when she loses and I'm never surprised when she wins.

Such amazing abs!

Last edited:
Amanda is such a smiley person!

Last edited:
I thought D'alelio signed with Bellator anyway?

I have no horses in this derby, but I do hate it when people acting all ungrateful after jumping ship.

This also include fighters who got the call from the UFC and immediately started looking down on Invicta fighters, thinking they're the shiet.

Such amazing abs!

Man. She sure is lean. The cut to 105 must be awful. Seems like 110 would be a better number as it's a big leap up to 115. Will Yu Frey rematch Hamasaki? Will the impressive arrival of Cummins throw a wrench in that mix?

bit of favouritism for the scouser i think, fight was closer than the score suggested, but meatball given the win.
wish she wouldnt throw such wild hooks though

Jinh Yu Frey just leveled up by quoting Tombstone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back