Official Women's Division Discussion #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ji Yeon Kim coming to UFC? wanted her for awhile but she is Bantam & Holly Holm feather UFC has only 3 featherweights if holly drops back
1f621.png

Wait, just logging into fight pass I read this about the upcoming Invicta rematch: "After a controversial stoppage and a decision that was later overturned, bantamweight champion Tonya Evinger will once again put her title on the line against Russian challenger Yana Kunitskaya at the historic Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City, Mo. "

UMM am I missing something, Evinger got fucking schooled in the first round. What was controversial about it and why the hell did it get overturned????

Evinger alleged that the referee's interference is what led to her not escaping the armbar, or that she had escaped until the ref interfered. The rubber stamper that passes for the "athletic commission" in Missouri agreed with the fighter from Missouri, and it got overturned to a no contest.

Evinger alleged that the referee's interference is what led to her not escaping the armbar, or that she had escaped until the ref interfered. The rubber stamper that passes for the "athletic commission" in Missouri agreed with the fighter from Missouri, and it got overturned to a no contest.

Has the MO commission ever made a decision that was not a joke?

That is fucking ridiculous lol. Just watched again and she's in a fully locked armbar and starts standing on Yanas face in desperation before she taps. Stomps are illegal but standing on someone's face applying your whole bodys weight isn't? That's some corrupt shit for that definitive loss to get overturned. Now I hope Yana snaps her arm this time.

Last edited:
That is fucking ridiculous lol. Just watched again and she's in a fully locked armbar and starts standing on Yanas face in desperation before she taps. Stomps are illegal but standing on someone's face applying your whole bodys weight is? That's some corrupt shit for that definitive loss to get overturned. Now I hope Yana snaps her arm this time.

Apparently, it's legal to put your foot on the face of an opponent. It's just not legal to stomp. In the footage I saw, the ref didn't intervene until Evinger clearly stomped on Yana's head. I sincerely hope Kunitskaya finishes Evinger again.

And how about Celine Haga losing a match where she choked her opponent unconscious?
The Missouri AC denied her appeal. It's a shame that is where Invicta is based. That comission is a farce.

I thought there was something strange about the Lucie Pudilova twitter account, based in Ukraine and written in perfect English due to some super gizmo on her phone. It's been taken down now and people are saying it was fake.

So which is the correct Instagram? Luciepudlovamma has 6000+ followers but the disappeared twitter was claiming it was the one, so who knows. Luciepudlova_mma has less than a 1000 followers

The fake twitter was saying some nasty stuff about Lansberg post fight, just like a fake Joanna twitter was retweeted 100s of times when it had a go at GDR recently

That fake Pudilova account had too much personality. Should have known.
-----------------------------------

Bellator signed longtime Team Nogueira fighter Juliana Velasquez. She's supposedly going to be fighting at 125.
This is her weighing at 135.

I thought there was something strange about the Lucie Pudilova twitter account, based in Ukraine and written in perfect English due to some super gizmo on her phone. It's been taken down now and people are saying it was fake.

So which is the correct Instagram? Luciepudlovamma has 6000+ followers but the disappeared twitter was claiming it was the one, so who knows. Luciepudlova_mma has less than a 1000 followers

The fake twitter was saying some nasty stuff about Lansberg post fight, just like a fake Joanna twitter was retweeted 100s of times when it had a go at GDR recently

I believe Luciepudlova_mma is the correct one. It's the one linked to on her Facebook and most of the posts are in Czech.
Yea I noticed a 'luciepudilova' handle talking all kinds of weird stuff on twitter/instagram, tweeting callouts to Lauren Murphy (wtf) and stuff like that.

I don't know why people do that. Seems pretty obnoxious to mess around like that to me.
Then again I also didn't think the fake edmund trolling the real Ronda's mum was funny (which most people seemed to, for some reason) so maybe I'm just a killjoy.

I did find it kinda funny though how the 'fake' ended up with more followers, but it was more visible with all its shitposting activity (while the real Lucie doesn't even speak English) so ppl were just briefly being fooled in the short run.

Last edited:
We finally get to know how much Joanna makes. I always wanted to know how much she made since OneFC kept saying Angela Lee gets paid more. Its reported Joanna has made 8.7mil over her career. Her last 2 fights she got 1mil vs Claudia and 1.5mil from UFC 205. The Ronda/Holly Card card pay was not included but since it did around the same as UFC205 we can safely guess its around the same range. I love stories where fighters goes from rags to riches.

http://www.mmarocks.pl/ufc/joanna-jedrzejczyk-11-miejscu-najlepiej-zarabiajacych-polskich-sportowcow

Ji Yeon Kim coming to UFC? wanted her for awhile but she is Bantam & Holly Holm feather UFC has only 3 featherweights if holly drops back
1f621.png
Yeah...pretty damn silly.

Wait, just logging into fight pass I read this about the upcoming Invicta rematch: "After a controversial stoppage and a decision that was later overturned, bantamweight champion Tonya Evinger will once again put her title on the line against Russian challenger Yana Kunitskaya at the historic Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City, Mo. "

UMM am I missing something, Evinger got fucking schooled in the first round. What was controversial about it and why the hell did it get overturned????

One of the most fucked up & frustrating situations that's probably ever happened in MMA. Unless i'm forgetting some other shit...

I wish Yana would have gotten signed to the UFC after that happened. The ultimate fuck you to Tonya, lol.

The fake twitter was saying some nasty stuff about Lansberg post fight
I was actually checking this out the other day. Looked pretty legit so good job by that person...hah. Didn't see anything very nasty though. Or maybe I was on her real account...? :p

That fake Pudilova account had too much personality. Should have known.
-----------------------------------

Bellator signed longtime Team Nogueira fighter Juliana Velasquez. She's supposedly going to be fighting at 125.
This is her weighing at 135.

Does Bellator even have a 135 division?

We finally get to know how much Joanna makes. I always wanted to know how much she made since OneFC kept saying Angela Lee gets paid more. Its reported Joanna has made 8.7mil over her career. Her last 2 fights she got 1mil vs Claudia and 1.5mil from UFC 205. The Ronda/Holly Card card pay was not included but since it did around the same as UFC205 we can safely guess its around the same range. I love stories where fighters goes from rags to riches.

http://www.mmarocks.pl/ufc/joanna-jedrzejczyk-11-miejscu-najlepiej-zarabiajacych-polskich-sportowcow

That's great to hear, really happy for her.

I think that 8.7 figure is her earnings in zlotys in 2016, around 2.175 million dollars. It's a pretty accurate figure assuming she gets PPV points. Makes her the 11th biggest earner in Polish sport.

Fun Fact: The biggest female earner was tennis player Aga Radwanska, Joanna is supposedly going to play a set against her this Sunday in Miami ..... just a photo shoot I expect

I think that 8.7 figure is her earnings in zlotys in 2016, around 2.175 million dollars. It's a pretty accurate figure assuming she gets PPV points. Makes her the 11th biggest earner in Polish sport.

Fun Fact: The biggest female earner was tennis player Aga Radwanska, Joanna is supposedly going to play a set against her this Sunday in Miami ..... just a photo shoot I expect
Thanks for the clarification on the 8.7 number.

Herrig vs. Kish set for UFC Fight Night 102. Should be Herrig's to win IMO.

If anyone cares, Jessica Eye and Lauren Murphy are having a twitter-battle right now. Too much content (and other posters jumping in to egg them on) for me to post here.

If anyone cares, Jessica Eye and Lauren Murphy are having a twitter-battle right now. Too much content (and other posters jumping in to egg them on) for me to post here.

That's the worst bit. The amount ass kissing is cringeworthy, i'm glad I don't have twitter.

They've been going at it for weeks now, i'm surprised the fight hasn't been made yet.

That's the worst bit. The amount ass kissing is cringeworthy, i'm glad I don't have twitter.

They've been going at it for weeks now, i'm surprised the fight hasn't been made yet.

Yeah, it should be a good fight. And if Eye loses, she should be gone. No excuse for keeping her around, regardless of how popular she is during weigh-ins. Really, I am surprised she is still here. For someone who is supposedly a striker, she got beat on the feet by Tate of all people.

Ji Yeon Kim UFC signed as featherweight :)
I like the idea of a Asian Featherweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back