Official Women's Division Discussion #22 | Page 27

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Drake, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Daniel4802 Purple Belt

Daniel4802
    Tapology lists two bouts in 2012: a 130 lbs catchweight fight against Valerie Letourneu and a 125 lb fight versus Adriana Vieria.

But she stated not walking as heavy as before. Comparing her old and recent pics, she lowered her body fat percentage to make the cuts easier.

Eater of Souls and Drake like this.
  2. ions82 Blue Belt

ions82
    It's easier for post-USADA Clowja to make 115 :D. Still probably not the easiest cut. I wonder if her cardio and endurance is affected at all by going down to 115. Are there fighters out there who could keep up the pace she set (when she last faced JoJed) for five rounds? I wonder how Jedrzejczyk would fare at 125.

3. Eater of Souls Guardian of the Gate

Eater of Souls
    Which is odd as PED usage should make it easier to cut weight. Increased amino acid metabolism, improved glycogen turnover, supplements that actually aid in both body fat control and cutting are all now more difficult to use. No idea why the concept that drug use simply means "larger."

thatdude21601 likes this.
  4. ions82 Blue Belt

ions82
    I was just making bad jokes based on the eye test and the pics I've seen where she's veiny and shredded up like mozarella. My real question is if she could keep up her crazy pace for 3-5 rounds if she weren't cutting as much. What would a Clowja/JoJed fight look like at 125? Of the two, who might be more successful at that weight?

I guess there's no real point in speculating (kind of like they way "prime so-and-so" is always thrown around in the heavies.) I'm just always curious how people are affected by weight cuts (both physically and psychologically.)

5. Eater of Souls Guardian of the Gate

Eater of Souls
    Well, generally if you are smaller (relatively speaking) it is easier to maintain a higher pace. Of course, PED's can help with this as well. If there is something we do, we can find a way to chemically fuck with it. :)

But I can also say from firsthand experience that the less I cut the easier the fight was. Some guys seem to have an insane ability to cut, re-hydrate and re-comp, but my ability in this area was, I would say, about average. (no real way to measure it. We cannot conduct a study where the protocol involves practices that are considered to be putting the subjects at risk. Kind of stupid, as no one will miss a few grad students. :D)

6. Larisa. Yellow Belt

Larisa.
    Cynthia Calvillo vs Pearl Gonzalez set for UFC 210.

(When's Eye announcing her fight?)

Tobago Jones and Eater of Souls like this.
  7. Eater of Souls Guardian of the Gate

Eater of Souls
    Be good to see her against Lauren Murphy, considering their dislike for each other.

Tobago Jones likes this.
  8. Mark Zima Ayaka Hamasaki avatar this time

Mark Zima
    This sounds wrong to me...

Probably because of Beavis and his...

[​IMG]

Drake and Eater of Souls like this.
  9. Eater of Souls Guardian of the Gate

Eater of Souls
    So not saying it . . .

Mark Zima likes this.
  10. Xuh Black Belt

Xuh
    Sarah Kaufman fought Jessy Rose-Clark earlier today in Worst Korea.

Ringside footage brought to you by our sinister agents.

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Sarah won by unanimous decision.

11. David Street White Belt

David Street
    I see UFC signed Pearl Gonzalez Women's Strawweight 6–1 to fight Cynthia Calvillo 4 - 0 - 0. This makes me very HAPPY was pissed at XFC when they wanted her to fight in XFC-i tourneys and she turned them down and they gave statement to the press that she was afraid to step-up in competition. That was not the Pearl I seen fight knew they were liars.

12. Eater of Souls Guardian of the Gate

Eater of Souls
    Any word on how Lina is doing after the beating she took?

13. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver

leto1776
    So cal ills just fought, and has another fight booked in a month, while others haven't been booked in quite some time. Must pay to belong to certain teams.

14. Daniel4802 Purple Belt

Daniel4802
    I didn't watch the fights but read Sherdog's play-by-play. I'm assuming the judges gave round 1 to Lina since Sherdog had rounds 2 and 3 split. The description made it seem like Lina did take a beating, though.

15. Eater of Souls Guardian of the Gate

Eater of Souls

16. ions82 Blue Belt

ions82
    It was a good fight. Definitely one where the WMMA detractors sat there with their mouths shut. Pudilova must hit hard, because she seemed to telegraph nearly every strike (and wasn't setting up kicks.) Nonetheless, Lansberg's face shows the damage sustained. They were both gassed by the end. A great fight for both.

Eater of Souls and Daniel4802 like this.
  17. ions82 Blue Belt

ions82
    There's gotta be SOMEthing to it. I can't imagine they went through the entire roster of largely inactive fighters and couldn't find any takers. Good for Calvillo, though. At least she's making a little money and can make a go of it. I wonder how others in the division feel about it. Does Calvillo do anything to "move the needle?" Aside from saying something about being Mexican, I don't recall anything about her that would be a big selling point. Good fighter, though.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017 at 1:42 AM
    Eater of Souls likes this.
  18. Mark Zima Ayaka Hamasaki avatar this time

Mark Zima
    I recall WMMA detractors on that forum thread for the first round (and maybe for the second as well). Somebody wrote that it seemed like they were fighting in molasses (during the first part of the fight), and I had to admit that I had had that exact thought myself. On top of that, I thought Pudilova just looked horribly awkward during the beginning of the fight, with that awkwardness smoothing out during the third round when she started damaging Lansberg. The fight definitely ended better than it began.

Drake and Eater of Souls like this.
  19. ions82 Blue Belt

ions82
    I actually missed most of the first round. Sounds like I caught the better part of the fight. Pudilova seemed a bit cumbersome through all of the part I saw, but her strikes were doing some damage. Granted, it certainly wasn't a display of finely-honed fighting skills, but they both gave 100% and left people wondering who would get the win. IMO, that's better than a snoozefest where people end up hoping the fighters BOTH get handed a loss.

Eater of Souls and Mark Zima like this.
  20. weevil White Belt

weevil
    I like the way you laid out the fight so that we couldn't tell whether or not the fight ended each round.

Mark Zima and Eater of Souls like this.