Official Women's Division Discussion #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
KOTC streamed Cynthia Arceo vs Peggy Ross last night, and the announcer mentioned during that they're going to try to stream all the women's fights on facebook (but not whole cards:confused:).

Cynthia Calvillo vs Pearl Gonzalez set for UFC 210.

(When's Eye announcing her fight?)
My reaction to that fight rounding out the main card.....

<mma3>

<{danawhoah}>Holy sheeeeeeit.

I recall WMMA detractors on that forum thread for the first round (and maybe for the second as well). Somebody wrote that it seemed like they were fighting in molasses (during the first part of the fight), and I had to admit that I had had that exact thought myself. On top of that, I thought Pudilova just looked horribly awkward during the beginning of the fight, with that awkwardness smoothing out during the third round when she started damaging Lansberg. The fight definitely ended better than it began.
Totally agree.

Someone give Duke a sandwich.

Yeah, no kidding. A fighter who consistently maintains low body fat then does high impact training then cuts even more is particularly at risk of injury secondary to decreases in BMD. Particularly women. Then, of course, the lovely female athlete triad.

Jag v Casey signed for 211

Ok not official yet, maybe just rumors

Last edited:
JAG has superior skill, IMO, but is giving away a lot of size.

Do you think their skills are relative? JAG was a top competitor "back in the day." Of the two, I'd guess Casey has had more improvement in recent years (while JAG has been largely inactive.) Will there still be a considerable gap in skill? How big is the size disparity? I'll be rooting for Casey as she seems to be a fighter who always goes full throttle.

Do you think their skills are relative? JAG was a top competitor "back in the day." Of the two, I'd guess Casey has had more improvement in recent years (while JAG has been largely inactive.) Will there still be a considerable gap in skill? How big is the size disparity? I'll be rooting for Casey as she seems to be a fighter who always goes full throttle.

Allow me to dig deeply into my bag of witty repartee:

I dunno.

:)

Not sure with JAG, agree that Casey has more recent improvements but she also had further to improve relatively speaking. Not completely sure of the size difference, but given that Courtney and Claudia seemed about the same size, and Claudia dwarfed JAG, probably at least 10 lbs. of brawn.

I am rooting for JAG out of my desire just to see her climb up into the rankings a bit, as she has been largely forgotten by some and been ignored by others. Not sure how she will do with the injury and lay-off.

Allow me to dig deeply into my bag of witty repartee:

I dunno.

:)

Not sure with JAG, agree that Casey has more recent improvements but she also had further to improve relatively speaking. Not completely sure of the size difference, but given that Courtney and Claudia seemed about the same size, and Claudia dwarfed JAG, probably at least 10 lbs. of brawn.

I am rooting for JAG out of my desire just to see her climb up into the rankings a bit, as she has been largely forgotten by some and been ignored by others. Not sure how she will do with the injury and lay-off.

Good point. For many viewers and casual fans, JAG may be a bit of a dark horse. She hasn't been seen much since WMMA started to make it into the mainstream. Considering her wealth of past experience, I imagine she will know how to handle any size difference. It's always fun seeing the smaller fighter "bring the giant down," but it's almost a certainty that Casey will be ready to rumble. Here's to hoping that no one sustains any career-slowing injuries in 2017!

Despite noobish MMA record Anissa Haddaoui is one of the better active kickboxers. BCMMA/Hughes could be making a mistake if the aim is a rebound fight.

Also Fight Pass debut for McCann.

Despite noobish MMA record Anissa Haddaoui is one of the better active kickboxers. BCMMA/Hughes could be making a mistake if the aim is a rebound fight.

Also Fight Pass debut for McCann.

i thought id seen meatball on fightpass before, but it must have been an mma junkie stream of a cage warriors card, all those scousers in one place, tracksuit heaven ;)

17309029_1937828216452346_4723184449661071907_n.jpg

Alexa Conners (2-1) will fight Calie Cutler (5-4) at LFA 8 on April 7th. This is a good showcase fight for both of them. Conners is on a 2 fight win streak and Cutler needs a big win to get her back on track.

17309029_1937828216452346_4723184449661071907_n.jpg

Alexa Conners (2-1) will fight Calie Cutler (5-4) at LFA 8 on April 7th. This is a good showcase fight for both of them. Conners is on a 2 fight win streak and Cutler needs a big win to get her back on track.

Conners had another fight during this last weekend (she missed weight but won).

Conners had another fight during this last weekend (she missed weight but won).

Was she a late replacement for that fight? I just assumed so as it's so close to her upcoming fight for LFA. Probably tough to make weight mid-camp like that. I hope everyone is on weight this weekend for Invicta 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back