Official Women's Division Discussion #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
just because people dont agree with you doesnt mean they know nothing.

Moroz was always massively overrated, especially by sherdoggers, shes very very average, and certainly isnt top ten

(that said, she could well beat Esparza)

this wasn't based on just your comments, but ppl on Reddit saying Moroz is the 'most boring fighter in the UFC'.

I agree she WAS overrated (but not anymore) but that is unrelated to the fact that she has 9 fights and in 7 of those, she fought with a very high degree of aggression.

Then she had a real snoozer in her last bout.
So for people to now say she is 'the most boring fighter', shows they have only seen her last fight, or if they have seen more then that and should know better, they have apparently forgotten it. So I'm calling them out as know-nothings.

I don't think she can well beat Esparza though :) and I don't see reason this fight is likely to be particularly boring (personally I find it quite interesting), unless you're the kind of person who thinks takedowns, GnP, guard passing, and a submission to wrap it up, are boring (in which case I always wonder: why are they watching MMA?)

this wasn't based on just your comments, but ppl on Reddit saying Moroz is the 'most boring fighter in the UFC'.

I agree she WAS overrated (but not anymore) but that is unrelated to the fact that she has 9 fights and in 7 of those, she fought with a very high degree of aggression.

Then she had a real snoozer in her last bout.
So for people to now say she is 'the most boring fighter', shows they have only seen her last fight, or if they have seen more then that and should know better, they have apparently forgotten it. So I'm calling them out as know-nothings.

I don't think she can well beat Esparza though :) and I don't see reason this fight is likely to be particularly boring (personally I find it quite interesting), unless you're the kind of person who thinks takedowns, GnP, guard passing, and a submission to wrap it up, are boring (in which case I always wonder: why are they watching MMA?)

could well beat not the same as could beat well

could well beat the same as saying may win

youre english, you should know this :D

could well beat not the same as could beat well

could well beat the same as saying may win

youre english, you should know this :D

I know what you mean, I'm saying she can't win ;)

she is facing GOATsparza after all

& English people have the worst English on the internet ;)

unless you're the kind of person who thinks takedowns, GnP, guard passing, and a submission to wrap it up, are boring

Esparza has two submission wins in her last dozen fights

So I wouldnt be relying on her to to takedown>gnp>guard passing and a submission to wrap it up

the odds wouldnt be in your favour

Carla's massively overrated too. Her title reign includes beating Bec Rawlings and a mega-green Rose Namajunas

I don't think they're sure if she's even going to defend the belt considering she wants UFC. I think Anderson going to UFC should be the final nail in the coffin for Invicta's FW Div., they should abandon it and focus on the other classes or open up 155 or something.

Kunitskaya wins 135, beats a tumbleweed at 145, and then is a two-division champ.
<{jackyeah}>
Seriously, though, it'll be interesting to see what Invicta can do with it's shell of a division. It certainly doesn't have a lot to offer as a "feeder." Seems that Anderson is the only fighter who might generate some revenue for the organization. As @Larisa. said, the hammer is about to drop on the final nail.

Kunitskaya wins 135, beats a tumbleweed at 145, and then is a two-division champ.

Seriously, though, it'll be interesting to see what Invicta can do with it's shell of a division. It certainly doesn't have a lot to offer as a "feeder." Seems that Anderson is the only fighter who might generate some revenue for the organization. As @Larisa. said, the hammer is about to drop on the final nail.

Hopefully it drops on the entire shit division. Everywhere.

hammertime.gif

So Cyborgs dropped her invicta belt and Megan is undisputed champion..

trouble is, with Cyborg having left invicta, and Zuffa/Shanon doing the deal to protect Megan from Cindy

Who hell flying fig is she going to defend the belt against?
There's going to be an announcement tonight. Hopefully that Megan is going to the UFC & taking the division with her. I think it's possible...why wouldn't they just say she's officially the undisputed champ already?

There's going to be an announcement tonight. Hopefully that Megan is going to the UFC & taking the division with her. I think it's possible...why wouldn't they just say she's officially the undisputed champ already?

Or shes going to defend against Pam Sorensen or something :')

Ayyyye..I just realized this thread is #22 & we're at Invicta 22...how perfect :p :p

or maybe Felicia Spencer vs. Madison McElhaney tonight is a #1 contender match

<{jojo}>

<36>

wikipedia lists 17 featherweights for Invicta but their web site only lists nine, of couse Cyborg just announce giving up title with InvictaFC for full time UFC. Of those just listed on their website Megan Anderson, Latoya Walker, Daria Ibragimova, Amy Coleman, Amber Leibrock & Hannah Rogers should be signed. Would not mind Amanda Bell, Charmaine Tweet, Marina Shafir. Would give UFC a decent division.

Of course several of their Bantam weights would want to move up. Yana was mosty Featherweight even if she wins belt she may want to move back. Faith Van Duin also...

Last edited:
oohsps... I see Amanda Bell is listed on Bellator's page though still listed on Invicta's page.
Julia Budd (C) 10–2
Arlene Blencowe 7–5
Gabrielle Holloway 5–3
Alexis Dufresne 6–3
Adrienna Jenkins9–6
Sinead Kavanagh 4–1
Iony Razafiarison 3–1
Annalisa Bucci 7–4
Holly Lawson 0–1
Roberta Rovel 4–1
Amanda Bell 4–4
Talita Nogueira 6–0

12 fighters... in Bellator. UFC should take all the Bantam weights that want to fight Feather weight too.

So.. Souza wins and so does Esquibel, that mean we're getting Livinha vs. Jodie for the vacant title? Shannon did say she was going to pay close attention to these 2 fights when asked about the title.

Also, I'd expect IFC23 to be a flyweight title fight or a flyweight dominated card as there was no flyweight bout on this card. Fingers crossed for Aga vs. Maia!!

Missed a fair amount of fights due to travel yesterday, crappy main event result though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back