Official Women's Division Discussion #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you are a Megan fan, but she has slow, plodding footwork, no striking defense, no head movement, no noticeable grappling. She is not even all that fast. Her big advantage is a modicum of striking offense and above average reach. Tweet was cracking her, and Tweet moves even slower than my old, gimp ass. To put the 145 lbs. division in proper perspective, people were calling for Ronda to fight Cyborg after 138 seconds of professional fight time.
9X6DXMM.png
What did that post you quoted have to do with Megan?!

Anyways...you just wait & see, man...!! You also under appreciate Tweet(even though I disagree with her cracking her...she hit her with one good shot, really with the rest of her shots being fairly meh & ineffective). Tweet also moves awkwardly. Kind of herky-jerky...female Jardine :p
She's way too in love with her SBFs though...

What did that post you quoted have to do with Megan?!

Anyways...you just wait & see, man...!! You also under appreciate Tweet(even though I disagree with her cracking her...she hit her with one good shot, really with the rest of her shots being fairly meh & ineffective). Tweet also moves awkwardly. Kind of herky-jerky...female Jardine :p
She's way too in love with her SBFs though...

I think I cut the gif that you used to reply to something I said about Megan. I pretty much always cut them out. I agree that Tweet loves the SBF too much. Three in a row (or close enough) in desperation? Not good.

Last edited:
Kanako Murata vs. Claire Fryer set for Pancrase 286 - http://jp.rizinff.com/_ct/17052302

Anyone have any fighters they want in the Rizin GP? I heard it'll be around RENA's weight so I'm guessing 105. I personally wanna see Garcia again. I heard Rizin intend to bring her back soon so fingers crossed!

Any highlights or Cliff notes? Or, would it be better listened to directly? I'm curious, so I may have to check it out for myself.

Well, they sort of ramble from topic to topic. Generally worth a listen, though. Nothing earth-shattering.

This should be interesting.

Did they ever get into it over her SJW-ness?

Edit: Listening now, her belief that Cyborg is clean now...
<bball1>

Another Edit: Got to the virtue signalling argument...
<WellThere>
<5>

Last edited:
Bea Malecki is having her MMA debut in May. Swedish IFMA champ who trains with Gus's gym. She fights at 147 in Muay Thai, and her MMA debut is at 155. No idea what weight she will settle at, but I would guess she doesn't cut a ton just stays lean. If she can translate skills to MMA, she'd be the type that UFC wants.

Bea Malecki... If she can translate skills to MMA, she'd be the type that UFC wants.

Considering that she's a Swedish model, I wouldn't be at all surprised if UFC wants to sign her after her first pro fight. Still, considering how pathetic the pay is for most MMA fighters, she could probably make more money in life exploring other opportunities that DON'T involve getting punched in the head. I'm curious to see if she makes a go of it.

Bea Malecki is having her MMA debut in May. Swedish IFMA champ who trains with Gus's gym. She fights at 147 in Muay Thai, and her MMA debut is at 155. No idea what weight she will settle at, but I would guess she doesn't cut a ton just stays lean. If she can translate skills to MMA, she'd be the type that UFC wants.
Debuting at IRFA May 6. What's her height? She's notably taller than her grappling/thai opponents and looks around 6 ft.

Interesting note from today's UFC Q&A in London:

Clouds says she wouldn't go up to Flyweight if formed in the UFC.

I'm not entirely sure, but based on how most kickboxers cut, I'd bet 155 is her walking weight. She'd likely settle happily ar 145 or 135 if she has some skill.

I'm not entirely sure, but based on how most kickboxers cut, I'd bet 155 is her walking weight. She'd likely settle happily ar 145 or 135 if she has some skill.

I'd say she'd be home at 145. At her height, she'd resemble Jessamyn Duke at 135 (El Skeletor.) She seemed to have some skill in both standing and on the ground. Lord knows 145 could use some more fighters.

Probably because she knows 125 would be murky and deep. Full of killers lurking beneath the surface just waiting to take her under. She skurrrrred!

Probably because she knows 125 would be murky and deep. Full of killers lurking beneath the surface just waiting to take her under. She skurrrrred!
She said it's because she got the weight cut down finally also saying she had trouble with it earlier in her career.

Because i'm pretty sure she's fought at Flyweight before...

Of course. It would leave her as the weight cut Queen at 115, free to rule over smaller fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back