Official Women's Division Discussion #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news, this is an interesting possibility:

Quoting this because I finally took enough time to pull my head far enough out of my ass to look at where that would be:
http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-212-Aldo-vs-Holloway-57993

Would be co-main, with Aldo-Holloway being main, and a very good card. Title eliminator (or should be) between Claudia and KK. Very good card. And while it would be home crowd advantage for Amanda, given Val's time in Peru and her willingness to fight anyone, anywhere, it might be good for her.

Nunes vs. Shevchenko II should co-main 212. This card's shaping up pretty nicely. Gadelha vs. KK should open main card too.

I will check it out. I have zero interest in soccer. (FWIW, I do not watch pro football either. I do follow a college team, largely due to my attendance there).
if i was goin to reccomend a game its this one

inB4 someone bitches its not MMA

Quoting this because I finally took enough time to pull my head far enough out of my ass to look at where that would be:

Would be co-main, with Aldo-Holloway being main, and a very good card. Title eliminator (or should be) between Claudia and KK. Very good card. And while it would be home crowd advantage for Amanda, given Val's time in Peru and her willingness to fight anyone, anywhere, it might be good for her.
I think it's a bit too early for either of them to be in title talks. If Karolina beat Claudia then maybe she'll be back in the mix but I think they'll let Claudia continue to build for at least a year before she's considered. Namajunas vs. Waterson should likely determine who will face JJ or Andrade next.

If Karolina beat Claudia then maybe she'll be back in the mix but I think they'll let Claudia continue to build for at least a year before she's considered.
If Joanna will defend, then there's no way that Claudia would be back in the mix. But, if we get new champ @211, then Gadelha can be #1contender again.

If Joanna will defend, then there's no way that Claudia would be back in the mix. But, if we get new champ @211, then Gadelha can be #1contender again.
That's pretty much what I meant. As long as Joanna's champion then it's going to take Claudia some time to make her way back for a trilogy but if Andrade wins the belt then the field is wide open again.

Quoting myself again because:

1. I am a pretentious douche.
2:

That's pretty much what I meant. As long as Joanna's champion then it's going to take Claudia some time to make her way back for a trilogy but if Andrade wins the belt then the field is wide open again.

That is actually the way I should have said it.

I suppose the winner of Waterson/Rose would be the best option, with it being so soon for CG or KK. Really the fight I want to see is Jessica Andrade vs. Claudia.

So Davis vs Dandois is on the FP prelims of Fight Night 108 while Penne vs Taylor is on the FS1 prelims... I strongly believe that should be reversed... Why does every organization hate Cindy? :mad::mad::mad:

They don't want to risk Taylor causing everyone to cancel their subscription.

So Davis vs Dandois is on the FP prelims of Fight Night 108 while Penne vs Taylor is on the FS1 prelims... I strongly believe that should be reversed... Why does every organization hate Cindy? :mad::mad::mad:

Cindy seems like the sweetest person in the world. Also, I've never seen such a large disparity between someone's striking and ground game.

Penne vs. Taylor should be buried as far as possible in the depths of Fight Pass. Taylor because her two UFC performances could have been used as a weapon to kill people with boredom, Penne because she said bad things about Michelle Waterson, which is not allowed by law.

Anyone who want's an example of utterly HORRIFIC rankings, check out USA TODAY's.... wow.

http://mmajunkie.com/rankings/wstraw

Here are some gems:

#3 Jessica Aguilar
#15 Michelle Waterson
Unranked: Randa Markos

Perhaps because she doesn't look athletic, and she hasn't much in the way of stand-up skills? If she fails to get her opponent down to the mat, she could look amateurish, like the UFC should never have signed her?

(On the other hand, she might be able to beat even the mighty Cyborg, if the fight goes to the mat).

I feel like this moment wasn't helpful to the image of WMMA...

So, if Hamasaki beats Souza, will that catapult her into their top-ten strawweights ranking?

Hamasaki is a beast, I personally have no issue with her being catapulted. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back