Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - February, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make fantastic NBA plays man. Pelicans are gonna be a force, just not right away. Systems and styles of play takes time.
aw shucks, thanks. You're 100% right though. And in the grand scheme of things I think Boogie is overrated. Top tier talent but always below average results

Some good tennis matches today. I'm playing the underdogs.

1u Pouille @3.25
0.5u Pouille 2-1 sets @6.50
1u Sock @3.25
1u Carreno-Busta vs Thiem o2.5 sets @2.75

Tsonga has looked great in the semi final but Pouille is the type of player who can rise to the occasion (btw Pouille line is as high as 3.50 at some bookies).

Carreno-Busta vs Thiem, all 4 previous encounters on sand went 3 sets.

Someone will bet on the oscars tomorrow?

a little, been looking at the markets on the exchange (I imagine bookmaker prices are shite on this event), not much going on this year as la la land is such a short favourite and I haven't watched any of the films this year. it's drifting a little today it seems, so hopefully some opportunity to scalp the markets. too much of a crap-shoot on something like this to bet outright for me. ppl already know the results and have done for a few days.

Anyone think denzel gets the nod due to lack of black representation last year and affleck sex allegations? Tempted to take him @ + odds. Any american insider info available?!

Anyone think denzel gets the nod due to lack of black representation last year and affleck sex allegations? Tempted to take him @ + odds. Any american insider info available?!

After the Golden Globe win Casey was the highly favourite,but recently Denzel won the SAG award(18 of the last 22 actor to win the oscar have won this award).

I'm on thunder-5 for 2.5u pelicans on back to back thunder fresh and won't have the bench to keep up with westbrooks energy and bench.

I'm on thunder-5 for 2.5u pelicans on back to back thunder fresh and won't have the bench to keep up with westbrooks energy and bench.
Goodluck, I think you can prob get good LB opportunities after the first quarter or even half. I dunno if I like the -5 but GL though.

Nuggets -2.5 (+100) for 2.5u [sold half a point to take line from -2 to -2.5]

I think this line is just screaming for Memphis money. If you look at the previous match ups between these teams, the totals have been 202 (in MEM) and 212 (in DEN), both of which went "over". But if you look at those games a little closer, the overs hit because of Memphis (scored 108 and 119), not Denver. The Nuggets scored 107 and 99, respectively, in those games. Now the total sits on 217 with the Nuggets TT at 109.5! This game is probably going to be high scoring so I'll sell half a point to reduce the juice.

This third meeting will be the final meeting in Denver in a series where Memphis leads 2-0, so revenge is definitely in play for the Nuggets. More so, I think the fact that this will be the third game for the Nuggets post-ASB helps them. The fact that the Grizzlies have only played one game in a week in a half might be an issue in this game, which takes place in altitude. I'm not saying the Grizzlies haven't been keeping been practicing and are out of shape, but you can't really replicate real game like intensity like you would in practice. I think the Grizzlies look stronger early in the game and fade out much like the Pelicans did last night.

Well, the Nuggets aren't gonna cover. I guess I completely overlooked how much Gasol was going to negate Jokic (3/8 for 6 points thus far, yuck!). Definitely a bad bet in hindsight, no ifs, ands, or buts

Well, the Nuggets aren't gonna cover. I guess I completely overlooked how much Gasol was going to negate Jokic (3/8 for 6 points thus far, yuck!). Definitely a bad bet in hindsight, no ifs, ands, or buts

Gasol is on fire. I dont bet on the NBA because even when a team should win, they dont. Even the best teams end up with over 30 losses a season so its volatile as hell. I respect those who do though and stay profiting.

Gasol is on fire. I dont bet on the NBA because even when a team should win, they dont. Even the best teams end up with over 30 losses a season so its volatile as hell. I respect those who do though and stay profiting.
You can say that about any sport, though. Variance is variance (not here though. Nuggets were a bad bet)

You can say that about any sport, though. Variance is variance (not here though. Nuggets were a bad bet)

Yea I guess so but there are more variables in basketball than say MMA right? Making it slightly easier to cap.

Yea I guess so but there are more variables in basketball than say MMA right? Making it slightly easier to cap.
I think MMA is definitely easier to cap but only because of props. If you had to only bet on which fighter wins, I think most would have a semi difficult time achieving a semi decent ROI. You can find value in betting a juiced favorite to win by decision, for instance. There isn't much value on most fights involving big favorites so you have to pick at a very high %

I think MMA is definitely easier to cap but only because of props. If you had to only bet on which fighter wins, I think most would have a semi difficult time achieving a semi decent ROI. You can find value in betting a juiced favorite to win by decision, for instance. There isn't much value on most fights involving big favorites so you have to pick at a very high %
I dont agree with that, I started betting on the ML that I thought were most likely to win. I still mainly bet ML usually, you just gotta pick your spots I feel. For example, seeing Ronda as 12-1 favorite over Holm offered super high risk for small reward, I favored Ronda but Holm at that price just had to be played. Im sure many users in the MMA threads mainly bet ML. BUT props do make more money but theyre more riskier aswell.

russy Russ with the 40 burger!

I dont agree with that, I started betting on the ML that I thought were most likely to win. I still mainly bet ML usually, you just gotta pick your spots I feel. For example, seeing Ronda as 12-1 favorite over Holm offered super high risk for small reward, I favored Ronda but Holm at that price just had to be played. Im sure many users in the MMA threads mainly bet ML. BUT props do make more money but theyre more riskier aswell.
Interesting. Personally I'd be passing on a lot of fights instead of playing a juiced favorite through a prop. There are a lot of fights where I can't stomach a ML play on the dog but know the favorite is too juiced

russy Russ with the 40 burger!
Scary game. I was gonna reply to your post earlier but didn't get a chance before tip. I like fading the Pelicans as their value seemed to be at an all time high after the trade but they were big dogs today. Scary proposition. Glad you hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back