Non-Christians, or Non-Abrahamic Religious Folks, in the WR?

Paganism definitely appeals to me but I don't believe in the supernatural. I could see myself being a pagan in the way 99% of christians are christians, ie, paying lip service to it and following some of the rituals but not actually believing in it. I mean sometimes you pray for rain, doesn't mean you think anyone is actually listening.

I would love to join a group dancing praying for rain would be so radical for me. I think its fun

Hilarious!

181817486.jpg

Are you Blackened?????

Shouldn't knowing all of these religions exist raise a huge red flag in any "believers" mind?

How you gonna say YOUR religion is the "right one" with a straight face?

I'm getting annoyed with these guys coming up with the "faith" answer. "uuuumm, well ya gotta have faith within the faith of your faith".

Absolutely not.

Why would I be distressed that many different good people in many different good ways in many different parts of the world could find peace, happiness, and the love of something greater than themselves?

I was a hardcore anti-religious Atheist/Antagonistic spectrum poster from about 2008 to 2014...

Then I became a Deist after... events... then LOL_Wut_Christian after further events... and now a hardcore Christian with a lot of interfaith dialogue with my good Muslim and Buddhist brothers and sisters.

Atheist? Muslim? Snake handling backwoods Voodoo shaman? I do not care. Just enjoy true peace, love, and the rare spirit of good in this world, real good, not some selfish excuses to be a ridiculous person who checks Twitter 100000 times a day in search of likes, but to really help other people in the search for peace in a troubled world.

(Also, please like this post, I require constant online attention pretty please.)

have your Buddhist brothers and sisters explained the concept of samsara and nirvana?

as far as beliefs go, I find theirs to be rather elegant

European Paganism?
European, yeah, Celtic, mostly. But also indo-European in a wider sense. Irish mother goddess is Dana, as in the Danube River, as in the indo word Danu (flows). If you are looking for inspiration and not too worried about academic certitude, you can see all kinds of broad patterns in mythology from India westward.

Do you see any correlation between Nietzschean beliefs and paganism with yourself and people you know, or do they generally have humanistic attitudes?
It's hard to generalize, of course, but I'd say most people I know feel that their own participation is essential to the creation/ discovery of religious truth. Maybe a good way to put it is that there isn't a clear, bright distinction between the processes creation and discovery themselves. So that may be seen as Nietzschean in a broad existentialist sense, right? I haven't read Nietzsche since college.

Last edited:
I have a typical Nordic upbringing where religion is almost non existent outside of weddings, funerals etc.

I haven't been religious at all since my early teens but I find the local pre-Christianity Paganism a lot more identifiable to me because it has its roots in Nordic nature and seasons instead of some desert nomads' beliefs. I like celebrating Christmas and Midsummer because they are largely unchanged by Christianity around here.

It seems that the main camps in here are:

1) Christian
2) Atheist

Other way around according to the poll made before the first debate. Never would have guessed it before the poll.

I didn't know you were joking. I get told often that people think I'm not really a Christian and I'm faking it.
Seeing as you are a judgemental hypocrite who fakes humility its easy why people would say that about you.

The entity ascribed title and responsibility as "Creator" could not be any more negligent than an non-existent one.

Mind expanding a bit for me on how you've come to this conclusion, as well as how it is relevant to what I posted?

Last edited:
2)

I consider myself blessed at having not been indoctrinated with religion as a child.

Back