Non-Christians, or Non-Abrahamic Religious Folks, in the WR?

It's hard to be a Christian when you realize your faith is mostly a product of your environment. So unless you believe God has intentionally doomed to hell most of the world at birth, then something is seriously wrong with that belief.

Agnostic Theist

I would believe if i could but i cant so therefore i am not an atheist ;)

I was raised a Christian and started to question it in my teens. Once I saw thru the bs I started to explore/ entertain other religions, some new age stuff, and random ideas about the universe that popped up. I now consider myself agnostic but I still have a spiritual side.

Last edited:
"5) My only religion is hating Islam"

checking in

You people are so obsessed with Islam that you've just become another sect. You've got your sunni Muslim, your shia Muslim, and your anti Muslim. Y'all hate each other equally it seems.

You people are so obsessed with Islam that you've just become another sect. You've got your sunni Muslim, your shia Muslim, and your anti Muslim. Y'all hate each other equally it seems.
And they never add anything interesting to the conversation. No ideas, just emotional venting that I frankly don't even believe. It's more of a generic hatred, and I have no respect for it.

Nope, 100% atheist... all religions are bullshit written by idiots who knew less about the world than your average school kid today

Ah the old accuse anyone who is critical of anything of being obsessed with it/having a phobia routine, cool beans

I pray to the old gods

mostly Thor because he's the coolest

I just don't believe in a God. It's not realistic to me. All the shit in this world, war, famine, poverty, it's just not possible.

Atheism isn't too bad. what it lacks in virgins it makes up for in the endless possibilies of science.

I'm bi-faithual

I pray to the Old Gods during the long Winters

& then pray to R'hllor during the Summer fires.

I was a hardcore anti-religious Atheist/Antagonistic spectrum poster from about 2008 to 2014...

Then I became a Deist after... events... then LOL_Wut_Christian after further events... and now a hardcore Christian with a lot of interfaith dialogue with my good Muslim and Buddhist brothers and sisters.

Atheist? Muslim? Snake handling backwoods Voodoo shaman? I do not care. Just enjoy true peace, love, and the rare spirit of good in this world, real good, not some selfish excuses to be a ridiculous person who checks Twitter 100000 times a day in search of likes, but to really help other people in the search for peace in a troubled world.

(Also, please like this post, I require constant online attention pretty please.)

I was a hardcore anti-religious Atheist/Antagonistic spectrum poster from about 2008 to 2014...

Then I became a Deist after... events... then LOL_Wut_Christian after further events... and now a hardcore Christian with a lot of interfaith dialogue with my good Muslim and Buddhist brothers and sisters.

Atheist? Muslim? Snake handling backwoods Voodoo shaman? I do not care. Just enjoy true peace, love, and the rare spirit of good in this world, real good, not some selfish excuses to be a ridiculous person who checks Twitter 100000 times a day in search of likes, but to really help other people in the search for peace in a troubled world.

(Also, please like this post, I require constant online attention pretty please.)

Thumbs down, + juan.

It seems that the main camps in here are:

1) Christian
2) Atheist
3) Not really Christian but I like Judeo-Christian values (whatever those are)
4) Not really Christian, but I think Jews are secretly running the world
5) My only religion is hating Islam

The religious issues are understandably dominated by the largest factions, but I am just wondering how many folks in the WR are religious but not one of the Abrahamic 3 (Christians, Muslims, Jews, Oh My).

Also, a reminder to folks that there have been a wide and wonderful variety of faith traditions in human history, most of which have nothing to do with the Middle East or the Bible/ Koran.

Personally, I am Pagan, and I agree that westerners should return to their traditional values (albeit minus the human sacrifice).

Give me that old time religion:
Symbols-Cernunnos.jpg

How do you feel about Nordic or Celtic paganism knowing the majority of it has been lost? Are you confident you can reconstruct the rituals and theory? Are you sure you aren't projecting anachronistic beliefs onto the past?

How do you feel about Nordic or Celtic paganism knowing the majority of it has been lost? Are you confident you can reconstruct the rituals and theory? Are you sure you aren't projecting anachronistic beliefs onto the past?

There is a TON about pre-Christian religion in Europe that we will never know. And even if a time capsule or something was found tomorrow, who wants to return to a bronze or stone age world view completely?

On the other hand, there are is a ton of information about cultural character that we can confidently assess from art, archaeology, mythology, etc.

We can confidently say that most pre-Christian Europeans saw no sharp dividing lines between the natural and supernatural worlds. There were not "people of a book," but people of spoken traditions. Through their heros and myths we can infer their virtues: loyalty, generosity, bravery, wisdom, etc.

Through mythology and archaeology, we can also deduce some philosophical orientations. For example, most pre-Christian Europeans viewed life through the lens of an "adventure quest." We can confidently say that they believed in an intricate and important relationship between the individual person and the forces of Fate, and they thought that the actions taken in this life would affect the quality of the individual's continued "quest" in the next lives.

Through art and mythology we can plainly see that most pre-Christian Europeans viewed the world as having metaphysical "depth" -- they believed in many co-temporal and co-spatial layers or "realms" of being.

Although there are some very dedicated pagan re-constructionists who know a freaky amount about historical pagan societies (think along the lines of how much some people know about steroids), most pagans, myself included, are comfortable with the term "neo-paganism." We see pagan attitudes, beliefs, and mythologies as a well to be drawn from, not a prescription to follow.

Back