My UFC 156 Bets - Post Yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yeah, don't bet on football, if you're anything like me you'll get haped. Just look at the FA Cup on Sunday, 3 games 3 major upsets. Fuck that shit lol

If you're going to then alls I'll I can say in terms of advice is ALWAYS wait to see the team line-ups before putting anything down. Especially at this time of year when the managers are rotating their squads a lot.

doesn't FA cup usually consist of good teams playing their B squads?

doesn't FA cup usually consist of good teams playing their B squads?

Not really, the League Cup people throw in the towel but FA Cup is serious bidness... Liverpool lost to Oldham, Totenham lost to Leeds and Chelsea drew with Brentford. Football's crazy unpredictable, just so many variables.

you seem a little fanboyish/emotional, I have no problem with that, but in these betting threads the discussion tends to stay a little more mathematical and respectful

Because i summarized what aldo did?, amazing logical leap there.

I'm pretty sure getting taken down, giving up your back, and using all five fingers to grab the cage isn't "setting a trap". Mendes put Aldo in a bad position with aggressive wrestling. Edgar is a better fighter than Mendes. Neither of us should be surprised if Aldo ends up in the same position, and neither of us should be surprised if Edgar gets KO'd.

Didn't you in a previous post (minutes before you made that one) say you just rewatched the fight?, the fence grab was before the action that lead to mendes getting KTFO, just by looking at the footage it's somewhat impossible to miss how aldo grabs mendes wrists, puts him in place by forcing him to turn facing aldo, leaving him completly open for aldo to smash his knee into his face (which he did)

Hi
Been lurking these threads for awhile and just started betting for fun.

Question:
Bet 365 has maia at +150. That seems good to me since I think the fight is a toss up. Am I doing it right? Lots of you guys seems to be on Fitch.

Landeskog is out with a super mysterious injury. I took Edmonton Oilers straight up.

Not a difficult mystery to solve.

Hi

Question:
Bet 365 has maia at +150. That seems good to me since I think the fight is a toss up. Am I doing it right? Lots of you guys seems to be on Fitch.

I'd say you're doing it right. Tailing people is no fun and most of us are retarded anyways. If you get a chance to bet on a coin flip at plus odds, take it. If you want to be talked out of a bet, then yeah, this is where you would come.

Not really, the League Cup people throw in the towel but FA Cup is serious bidness... Liverpool lost to Oldham, Totenham lost to Leeds and Chelsea drew with Brentford. Football's crazy unpredictable, just so many variables.

thanks, I'll be careful, just making a 5 dollar experiment bet Chelsea/Man City/Man U to win 7.84

Sorry for getting off topic

How do y'all see Woodley doing against Heiron?

If you think the fight is a toss up, then it is a decent bet at +150. I think Maia can win, he has excellent trips from the clinch and obviously has one of the best ground games in MMA. Fitch has excellent defense though, but both BJ (No shame there) and Silva getting his back is worrisome to me. If Maia gets his back I think he can finish him.

Hi

Question:

Personally I'd wait to see what the line on him winning by sub is when it comes out later in the week if you wanna bet Maia, cuz I think it's incredibly unlikely he'll decision or ko fitch.

Hi

Question:

I know Maia destroyed Story, but I still want to see him at WW more, I'll be on Fitch.

How do y'all see Woodley doing against Heiron?

It depends on the line, but Heiron is the anti-wrestler and I think he can point his way to a decision. Hopefully fight goes the distance is cheaper than -250 but that might be wishful thinking.

If you think the fight is a toss up, then it is a decent bet at +150. I think Maia can win, he has excellent trips from the clinch and obviously has one of the best ground games in MMA. Fitch has excellent defense though, but both BJ (No shame there) and Silva getting his back is worrisome to me. If Maia gets his back I think he can finish him.

I agree but I don't think Maia will finish. I think he will get the td and control position until he gasses.

Personally I'd wait to see what the line on him winning by sub is when it comes out later in the week if you wanna bet Maia, cuz I think it's incredibly unlikely he'll decision or ko fitch.

Thanks. I'll check for that later. I think Maia can win a decision though.

Here are my thoughts on the Bellator LW tourney pre odds (first Bellator card of the season I project to be particularly interested in from a betting perspective)

Brooks, Michel, Woodard, De Lorenzi

Michel is a kickboxing champ. He has very tight defense and good setups on O. The biggest difference between Sarnavskiy and Michel striking wise is D. Sarnavskiy will stand there in the pocket carelessly with his head in the air. And from distance, they both like that front kick, but Michel's is even tighter. Maybe Sarnavskiy can win by utilizing the wrestling he showed vs. Hervey. But Michel has solid TDD and I thought he beat Weedman who tried to wrestle him. This is the toughest fight to call.

Woodard I like over Rickels, because Cupcake has the wrestling advantage, and on top his gnp is devastating. On the feet, I know Rickels KO'ed Smith, but he hasn't shown a lot of power throughout his career. I think Woodard is the more powerful and aggressive guy, and is sneaky technical.

Tirloni I've been a believer in for a while, but he got a tough draw here. Brooks looks like a budding star. I think he can win the fight wherever it goes, and possibly be Bellator's next Chandler.

And De Lorenzi I like to pull the upset against Patricky, because Patricky can't use his size here, with De Lorenzi being a bullish former ww, he's the smarter fighter, and he has better wrestling.

I'm inclined to think that 3 of those picks will open as dogs, and the other around even, so if I play all 4, and get half right even, I should profit.

I think it's going to be an incredible night of fights in an incredible week of MMA. Can't wait!!

^ Yeah, don't bet on football, if you're anything like me you'll get haped. Just look at the FA Cup on Sunday, 3 games 3 major upsets. Fuck that shit lol

If you're going to then alls I'll I can say in terms of advice is ALWAYS wait to see the team line-ups before putting anything down. Especially at this time of year when the managers are rotating their squads a lot.

I've been gambling on football almost every week for 7 years now and I learned a long time ago it's a bad idea trying to bet on the cups(not champions league and europa league) but FA cup, Copa del rey etc. Those cups are the ones paying the least and have the least prestige to win therefore they are not a priority and teams play too many youngsters/b teamers and rest their key players for the more important games.

My advice is to stay the fuck away til they get to the semi-finals or so or there is a rivalry match that means a lot to the fans(city deby, el clasico, pool vs united etc).

It depends on the line, but Heiron is the anti-wrestler and I think he can point his way to a decision. Hopefully fight goes the distance is cheaper than -250 but that might be wishful thinking.

I'll probably stay away, Heiron brings out the worst in fighters, just like Mike Pierce. Maybe they should fight each other.

I've been gambling on football almost every week for 7 years now and I learned a long time ago it's a bad idea trying to bet on the cups(not champions league and europa league) but FA cup, Copa del rey etc. Those cups are the ones paying the least and have the least prestige to win therefore they are not a priority and teams play too many youngsters/b teamers and rest their key players for the more important games.

My advice is to stay the fuck away til they get to the semi-finals or so or there is a rivalry match that means a lot to the fans(city deby, el clasico, pool vs united etc).

Dunno man, I just win lots of small bets and then piss it all away on 'certs' lol ..every. fucking. time. Like Chelsea at home to Southampton the other day, 2-0 up at half time, I'm counting my winnings.. and.. :icon_surp

I'm totally out of it now. Fuck it. =]

Landeskog is out with a super mysterious injury. I took Edmonton Oilers straight up.

Not a difficult mystery to solve.

I'd say you're doing it right. Tailing people is no fun and most of us are retarded anyways. If you get a chance to bet on a coin flip at plus odds, take it. If you want to be talked out of a bet, then yeah, this is where you would come.

Thanks man:) I'll be back for the "getting talked out of"part.

That was a rough one JKD. For the last year or so my ROI has really picked up since I started playing less volume, I love football so I tend to play as many matches as possible but ever since I started being more picky I have done a lot better. Now I only play 2-5 matches per week(not counting the weeks of champions league) and I have done a lot better than earlier when I played 10-15 matches a week.

Also for what it's worth I only play on Serie A, Serie B, la liga, Championship, Premier League, Serie A and Bondes liga. Not counting the European cups. I've had the hardest time predicting other leagues so I just stopped altogether.

Yeah, that's true. Less is more, definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back