My UFC 156 Bets - Post Yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dustin Kimura v Chico Camus ? Alot of people favouring Camus, but Kimura has a good record. Cant decide on weather or not to add Camus to my parlay.

Then best not to =]

Bovada posted knockout of the night twice, instead of submission of the night for one, so I got 25-1 on Overeem for knockout of the night.. Will they let the bet go through?? Also if so is there any way I can hedge against if he doesnt get KOTN.. I got $50 on it.

bahaha i saw that too, just put $40 to win $1000 for overeem KO of the night.

anybody bet a split decision for aldo/edgar? seems very possible

bovada doesn't have that prop

Just got done watching Hieron vs Askren/Ellenberger and T-Wood vs Marquadt.

Hieron only really got taken down when he over-committed on his punches against Ellenberger, which was rare. When it did happen, Ellenberger was able to power through with the takedown, although not able to keep Hieron down for long, on the 2nd time he was getting back to his feet the moment he was put on the mat. Against Askren, Ben was struggling for takedowns. Jay was able to shrug off a lot of double legs and the occasional single, with Ben having most success jumping in, dropping to his knees then with his hands connected around Jay's waist, changing direction and powering through. Overall though, if Jay wasn't committed to a punch and was instead just defending a shot, he could generally stuff the attempt.

I can't really remember Woodleys previous fights and don't have enough time to check them out, but his takedown attempts against Nate weren't really too set up. Nate was over-committed in his strike a few times but Woodley never really tried for the takedown, he seemed more content to stand. When he did shoot, it wasn't really set up, or was mostly attempts from within the clinch when Nate would tie up. He got on top once or twice after hurting Nate and having him drop, too.

I'm not sure what he's like in his previous fights, but I think Jay will be able to stuff the takedowns if Woodley doesn't get the timing down and change levels when Jay is throwing a punch. If he just tries to shoot without setting it up or timing it, Jay should be able to avoid the bottom.

Also noticed that Nate seemed to have a lot of success against Woodley with leg kicks and straights/jabs, which should work well for Hieron since he likes to fight long, throws a decent amount of leg kicks and likes to pump the jab/throw straights more than hooks. Woodley seemed to like the leaping left hook too, which Jay could be able to counter with quicker straight punches. Nate also found success with the spinning back kick once or twice, which Hieron seems to enjoy throwing.

I was surprised how willing Woodley was to stand with Nate, too. He never really looked for the takedown much. Whether it was because he worked his striking a lot and wanted to showcase it, or thought he matched up well on the feet with Nate, I don't know. After getting brutally KO'ed though, I'm not sure whether he's going to try to stand much with Hieron, who seems the much better striker.

Feeling fairly confident in Hieron, though. Would be good to hear from you lot if you've seen Woodleys previous fights and can say whether or not he tends to time his takedowns when his opponent is off balance or whether he usually just shoots randomly and just gets it because of his solid wrestling? I think Hieron fights smart, uses his reach and peppers Woodley with leg kicks, straights and jabs while avoiding the takedowns.

It honestly sounds like you just watched those fights specifically to find reasons to pick Hieron. You didn't watch Woodley's wins, just his only loss... nothing negative in there about Hieron and nothing positive about Woodley lol

Not knocking the analysis because it's pretty accurate but very biased.

Time for a new thread too Oblivian. 10 minutes till the fights start!

It honestly sounds like you just watched those fights specifically to find reasons to pick Hieron. You didn't watch Woodley's wins, just his only loss... nothing negative in there about Hieron and nothing positive about Woodley lol

Not knocking the analysis because it's pretty accurate but very biased.

That's one of the reasons I've shelved watching tape recently, I normally just use it to find reasons to back my preconceived ideas. Now I've more time in the day to post gifs and sarcastic comments, so it works well for everyone.

Bovada posted knockout of the night twice, instead of submission of the night for one, so I got 25-1 on Overeem for knockout of the night.. Will they let the bet go through?? Also if so is there any way I can hedge against if he doesnt get KOTN.. I got $50 on it.

Ya, I called Bovada and tried to tell them their cite had it wrong and whatnot and make sure they were going to honor it, and he just kept saying yes we will honor it, so I'll be mad if I win and it only pays 9/5 :icon_evil . Cause I don't think I'd bet it for those odds.. :eek:

Good lookin out. I saw your post and scrambled onto Bovada and placed a $10 bet on Reem KOTN at 25 to 1. I went back to throw $10 on Rashad KOTN at 40 to 1 but they cancelled all the second set of KOTN prop bets. :mad:

Thinking about buying my way outta my Tibau bet after learning he's gonna get married after the fight.. I mean.. wtf?

Good lookin out. I saw your post and scrambled onto Bovada and placed a $10 bet on Reem KOTN at 25 to 1. I went back to throw $10 on Rashad KOTN at 40 to 1 but they cancelled all the second set of KOTN prop bets. :mad:

yup just cancelled my reem bet

UFC 156 Bets

Demian Maia Straight: $700 to win $1,115
Maia ITD $100 to win $415
Maia by Decision $100 to win $653 (partially pending... $31 for $209 matched as of now)
// Jon Fitch by Dec $213 to win $200
Maia/Fitch Draw $15 to win $1,001

Jose Aldo $151 to win $100 // Edgar in Round 4 $10 to win $380, Edgar in Round 5 $10 to win $500, possible 5D livebetting mid-fight
Bigfoot Silva $50 to win $200, Not Overeem in Round 1 $115 to win $100 (plan to exit this; rather just play Bigfoot straight for a bit more)
Gleison Tibau $223 to win $200
Jacob Volkmann by Submission $100 to win $280

Value Props:
Lil Nog by Decision $25 to win $264 (fading Rashad's slow starts, cautiousness)
Joe Benavidez ITD $50 to win $170 (fading UC's lack of focus for this fight, tendency to get rocked in general)

Parlay
Not Rivera ITD/Tibau/Benavidez $50 to win $176
Sarnavskiy/Volkmann $50 to win $40

Hail Mary Parlay
Volkmann-Green U2.5/Tibau/Maia/Faber ITD $10 to win $566

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back