Motorsports thread. Discuss any motorsports here

Hamiton owns Canada as Vettel had the bad start.

Patrick Stewart brings the laughs drinking out of Ricciardo's shoe.

Two cars lose their brakes on the same lap in the same turn. Both destroyed their cars. McMurray's car burned. Johnson was a little shaken but says he'll be fine after he changes his underwear.

Earnhardt was having some brake problems too before he shifted down into second and ended his day.

Last edited:
Perez of Force India screwed the team badly. They split their tire strategy leaving Ocon out 15 laps longer. He came out in 5th behind Perez who was pressuring Ricciardo for third. Force India wanted Perez to let Ocon by to try Ricciardo with his fresher tires but Perez wouldn't and actively blocked Ocon allowing Vettel to catch them and get by Ocon who had to slow drastically to avoid taking both Force India cars out.

Pérez added that Force India needs to implement a strategy to avoid a repeat situation in the future.

"I obviously think we are all a team and I work for Force India, so I want the best result for the team," he emphasised.

"We must come up with a plan, with a solution for the future, in case we find ourselves in that position again, we should be knowing what to do."

I think the team knows exactly what to do. Replace Perez.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/354445/perez-defends-stance-against-ocon/

Congrats to Ryan Blaney on his first win. I root for him here and there because I'm happy to see that 21 car back up and running well but the kid's personality is as dry as it gets. He has Keselowski in victory lane interviewing him all excited and instead of seizing the opportunity he just gets out and gives the usual "Welp we were loose down there in 3..." bullshit that no one cares about. It's like they program these drivers to be lifeless robots. Keselowski was more excited than Blaney was.

Porsche shitting the bed at Lemans.

One of the Ford GTs goes of into a gravel pit at Le Mans. When they pulled it out and got him going. He started swerving back and forth and it spewed a lot of gravel all over the track. It brought out a safety car and a tongue lashing from the race director.

There are idiots going off track while under safety car pace. I takes forever to clean the track as they sweep it by hand with brooms.

They're preparing for Seppuku in the Toyota pit.

Now Porsches leading #1 car about to bust.

the aston tries a desperate pass, has contact with taylor in the corvette, cutting down a tire. corvette goes away and loses. bad luck.

Only 2 of the LMP1 cars were running at the end. The Porsche that won and a Toyota that was 10 laps down. The hybrids could go 14 laps before fueling while the others about 10 laps before they had to stop for fuel. Hybrids needed around 26 stops while others needed around 36 stops. Just on that basis is seems the LMP1 cars should be many laps up on the rest of the cars in the field.

It's also interesting how the track officials aren't allowed to touch the hybrid cars.

I watched the replay of the DTM touring series race Sunday in Budapest. The British commentators are difficult enough to understand. When they get excited they start screaming and talking even faster an I can't understand them at all. It is rather comical how excited they get.

pretty funny, I watched it too and thought the same thing.
dude about burst a blood vessel over a late race pass by one of the cars.
lol

pretty funny, I watched it too and thought the same thing.
dude about burst a blood vessel over a late race pass by one of the cars.
lol

Maybe it was his kid driving?

Verstappen fastest in FP2 at Azerbaijan before crashing to end the session.

Alonso, already facing a 15 spot grid penalty for exceeding the allotted power train parts, suffered yet another failure near the end of FP2.

Bottas was second followed by Ricciardo, Raikonnen and Vettel. Hamilton was a distant 10th. Hamilton did run on the soft tires instead of super soft like the others did.

Both practice sessions had many cars using the run off areas and several crashes. Grosjean had brake issues again.

Palmer's car breaks into flames at the start of P3. Vettel spends most of P3 in the pit with apparent engine problems. Verstappen reports an engine problem. Engineers have him change a setting which helps for a few seconds then the car stops on track.

Bottas fastest followed by Raikkonen and Hamilton.

Alonso's grid penalty up to 20 places in a 20 car race after they installed an older version of the Honda engine.

Back