Motorsports thread. Discuss any motorsports here

The Hondas are starting to blow up now.

Alonso's Honda just blew up. He's used to that from F1.

Multi car crash on the restart.

Sato was able to take the win. Great drive at the end.

Dixon in one of the worst crashes I've ever seen. Car basically split in two when it hit the barrier.
VERY lucky.
Was this on a restart? I didn't get a chance to watch and I've only seen highlights.
I can't believe he walked away. I thought he dieded.

There's in car footage at the end

Sucks for Alonso. Easily would have been battling for 1st and had a podium secure. He was 6th or 7th and ahead of Sato charging toward the front when his engine blew.

Indy is tough to watch though between all the commercials and the ridiculous calls to bring out a safety car with a tiny piece of debris on the track. Which is funny because the American safety crew is ballsy as fuck and will park their trucks inches from the racing line.

Was this on a restart? I didn't get a chance to watch and I've only seen highlights.
I can't believe he walked away. I thought he dieded.

There's in car footage at the end

I turned the race on during the slow-mo replay just after that happened. As soon as he went airborn I said "that dude is dead"....the crash even turned out worse than I imagined but luckily Dixon walked away without a scratch.

yea, Alonso just can't buy a break. fucking Honda engines suck ass across the board I guess.

the crash that killed Dan Wheldon wasn't even as bad as Dixon's. BUT, he did get very lucky the car didn't land on the driver/cockpit section when it hit that barrier. Then it would have been lights out.

Happy for Sato. Good guy, great driver.

yea, Alonso just can't buy a break. fucking Honda engines suck ass across the board I guess.

the crash that killed Dan Wheldon wasn't even as bad as Dixon's. BUT, he did get very lucky the car didn't land on the driver/cockpit section when it hit that barrier. Then it would have been lights out.

Happy for Sato. Good guy, great driver.

I was sure a wheel pushed through the side of Dixon's car. He has to be severely bruised.

Honda didn't want the drivers to put many miles on the engines on carb day. They are fast. Like we said when racing, they always run best just before they blow up.

saw him limping away after his interview post-med center check.
ankle/leg issue no doubt, plus numerous bruising etc.
better than being in the ground

Looked like Jeffrey Earnhardt lost a pinion gear. It bounced around and went through Chase Elliott's oil cooler causing a fire. Elliot slowed and Keselowski ran into the back of Elliott destroying both cars.

Last edited:
saw him limping away after his interview post-med center check.
ankle/leg issue no doubt, plus numerous bruising etc.
better than being in the ground

Howard moved up to let faster cars pass. The car passed him too close to the corner and he couldn't get down to make the turn. He should have stayed low to let them pass on the outside.

well, if you're going to courtesy lift for faster cars to pass, you have to do it well in advance of a turn.
plus he took the wrong line, up into the marbles where there is no traction.
but he's inexperienced in this type of racing and made a mistake.
better to hold up traffic if necessary until you hit the straight and then let them by.

Jimmy Johnson runs out of fuel with 2 to go in a marathon of a race due to two rain delays giving Austin Dillion the win, Kyle second place.

Great to see the #3 in victory lane again. Austin earned it tonight.

Jimmy Johnson runs out of fuel with 2 to go in a marathon of a race due to two rain delays giving Austin Dillion the win, Kyle second place.

So many crews didn't take the opportunity to top of their fuel when they were close to being able to make it to the end. Nobody was going to beat Truex or Kyle by doing the same thing they did. How did Chad not tell Jimmy to start saving fuel from the start of that run? It was good to see the 3 car win again.

I would like to see them change the pit rule at the end of the segments. Why not leave the pits open? Anybody would have the chance to pit on the final lap of the segment. That would put the top ten from each segment in the back for the start of the next segment. Maybe cars in 5th or 6th would pit before the finish to keep their position near the front. Teams would have to consider strategy vs points. Do you want to forego the segment win and points to remain in front?

awesome finish at the ring!!

Certainly was! Really glad that I stayed away from the results and went back to watch the last ~90 minutes after everything else for today. Not sure I've seen anything quite like it before, talk about good timing (extreme luck??)

So many crews didn't take the opportunity to top of their fuel when they were close to being able to make it to the end. Nobody was going to beat Truex or Kyle by doing the same thing they did. How did Chad not tell Jimmy to start saving fuel from the start of that run? It was good to see the 3 car win again.

I would like to see them change the pit rule at the end of the segments. Why not leave the pits open? Anybody would have the chance to pit on the final lap of the segment. That would put the top ten from each segment in the back for the start of the next segment. Maybe cars in 5th or 6th would pit before the finish to keep their position near the front. Teams would have to consider strategy vs points. Do you want to forego the segment win and points to remain in front?

It's because of Jeff Burton and Frank Stoddard.

Back