Most athletic fighters ever.

I feel like athleticism should be define as how well someone can pick up other sports with better ease than others.
So can u play football, basketball, baseball. How well can u run and jump. Can u hit a tennis ball. Shit like that.

To me it is the combination of coordination, speed, power, agility, and cardiovascular endurance.

If you have those things, then you can be successful at any sport. If you are missing a few of those, then your options become more limited.

prime tyson
anybody else is just competing for second place, period

You think he could land a solid shot on Lomachenko? Professional fighters can't but some football player could.. ok...
Yes, I think someone who is about a zillion times bigger and is a trained athlete has a chance at landing a punch. I’m not sure what is controversial about that.

Ben Askren has been conpeting successfully in disk golf for years. Won 4th place in the world championships. Lol ikr.

How far did Mundine achieve in rugby out of curiosity.

I don’t actually follow rugby but most agree he was one of the best in the NRL before he made the switch, he would have ended up one of the greats. Then people hung shit on him for going to boxing and we’re waiting for him to lose, all of a sudden he was winning a world title fight (until he got ko’d of course)

Yes, I think someone who is about a zillion times bigger and is a trained athlete has a chance at landing a punch. I’m not sure what is controversial about that.
He's not trained as a boxer though is he? You think just because someone is a great football player doesn't mean he's not going to look like a bag of shit trying to land a punch on one of the best defensive boxers around. Any punch he does land is going to be mitigated by Loma's defensive reaction. Did you ever see Shaquille O'Neal vs. Shane Mosely? I did and I think it would look very similar to that. Here it is if you didn't see it the first time around. One highly trained athlete vs. an elite boxer. How many KO blows does Shaq manage to land?

Last edited:
Someone else will undoubtedly know his height weight etc and his era better than I do. If boxing was what he schooled in young he’d be elite. If he took it up for funsies he’d get slapped back to where he came from. Brute force in boxing isn’t everything, if you’re powerful with no idea about footwork, combinations guard and ring generalship you’re fucked. We also don’t know how he would like getting punched in the face.
Bo Jackson was a 6'1" 235 lb athlete that won the Heisman Trophy as the best college football player in the United States and was drafted in the 4th round to play BASEBALL in the MLB. He ran the fastest recorded 40yrd dash in history of the NFL combine, (4.13) ....Chose to play baseball his 1st year out of college because he refused to go to Tampa Bay as the #1 selection in the Football NFL draft. Was an All-Star selection in his Rookie Year in Major League Baseball and was an All-Pro his 1st year in Football when he finally came over 2 yrs later. With the level of athleticism to be an elite All-Pro in American Football with explosiveness, footwork and raw speed required, combined with the skill level required to have the hand eye coordination to be a Top 10 home-run hitter in Major League Baseball as a 23 yr old young man, it's safe to say Bo Jackson would've been great in almost anything he specialized in. If Boxing was his sport of choice since youth, he'd probably be pretty great at it.

I know he's already been mentioned but....watch how this guy moves

Last edited:
Bo Jackson was a 6'1" 235 lb athlete that won the Heisman Trophy as the best college football player in the United States and was drafted in the 4th round to play BASEBALL in the MLB. He ran the fastest recorded 40yrd dash in history of the NFL combine, (4.13) ....Chose to play baseball his 1st year out of college because he refused to go to Tampa Bay as the #1 selection in the Football NFL draft. Was an All-Star selection in his Rookie Year in Major League Baseball and was an All-Pro his 1st year in Football when he finally came over 2 yrs later. With the level of athleticism to be an elite All-Pro in American Football with explosiveness, footwork and raw speed required, combined with the skill level required to have the hand eye coordination to be a Top 10 home-run hitter in Major League Baseball as a 23 yr old young man, it's safe to say Bo Jackson would've been great in almost anything he specialized in. If Boxing was his sport of choice since youth, he'd probably be pretty great at it.

I agree that Jackson was a freak athlete and probably could have been pretty damn good at anything he chose to specialize in, but Jackson's 4.13 wasn't official and it wasn't at the combine.

Prince Naseem could move around, and probably one of the hardest hitting little guys ever.

I agree that Jackson was a freak athlete and probably could have been pretty damn good at anything he chose to specialize in, but Jackson's 4.13 wasn't official and it wasn't at the combine.
Here he says it was a combine and electronically timed, and the guys that hand timed it, had 3.9s and 4.0. And since 1986 we have yet to see anyone officially dispute that number. They always refer to the "since being at Indianapolis Combine" as the modern day 40...

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=14869826

Last edited:
Here he says it was a combine and electronically timed, and the guys that hand timed it, had 3.9s and 4.0. And since 1986 we have yet to see anyone officially dispute that number. They always refer to the "since being at Indianapolis Combine" as the modern day 40...

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=14869826

There is no way he ran a 3.9 40 yard dash, and the alleged 4.13 was hand-timed (and probably not at the actual combine from what I gather, but the times then were hand timed, anyway). Just going by the times he ran competing in track and fieild, a 4.13 40 would be very unlikely. Again, freak athlete, but Bo running a 4.13 40 is unlikely.

Roy Jones and Tyson are obvious.

Rocky Marciano was legendary in his training and how he just threw every punch hard for the whole fight. Jersey Joe Walcott was outboxing him until he finally got threw with a bomb that he had been missing all night with up to that point. Marciano got it into his head to never be physically beat after he got wrecked from gassing in a fight.

Sam Langford, Jack Dempsey, Max Baer and James Jefferies should get some mention. The old guys went a lot more rounds. I don't think many heavies now days could hold up for 26 rounds. I think they hit just as hard, maybe harder, and they were ready to keep pace for the whole fight.

Last edited:
There is no way he ran a 3.9 40 yard dash, and the alleged 4.13 was hand-timed (and probably not at the actual combine from what I gather, but the times then were hand timed, anyway). Just going by the times he ran competing in track and fieild, a 4.13 40 would be very unlikely. Again, freak athlete, but Bo running a 4.13 40 is unlikely.
It was a real combine, they didn't settle on Indiananpolis until 1987, before then it was in three different places twice a year the first 4 years. And he was timed in 4.18 a week later so the speed was legit. He was timed the same way they time them now. Hand start, electronic finish. Anyways read this article. Very interesting his time might be more accurate than you think...
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/02/is_bo_jackson_the_true_record-.html

2014 they are still timing guys this way, watch when they show the timer guy. and it continues to be done this way at the combine.

Last edited:
He's not trained as a boxer though is he? You think just because someone is a great football player doesn't mean he's not going to look like a bag of shit trying to land a punch on one of the best defensive boxers around. Any punch he does land is going to be mitigated by Loma's defensive reaction. Did you ever see Shaquille O'Neal vs. Shane Mosely? I did and I think it would look very similar to that. Here it is if you didn't see it the first time around. One highly trained athlete vs. an elite boxer. How many KO blows does Shaq manage to land?

I don’t. Old retired shaq isn’t the same as someone still playing at an elite level. I said it wouldn’t surprised me if he landed and comparing sizes I imagine it wouldn’t be pretty. No I’m not advocating 290lb+ men should be allowed to join the lightweight division.

Don’t go wandering down a train of thought that nobody suggested and making it out like I think it would be a boxing clinic. Can massive dude land a lucky punch on a better trained fighter? Yes, is that amplified if he weighs more than twice the person he’s fighting? Yes. Do I think it would prove any point? No.

I don’t. Old retired shaq isn’t the same as someone still playing at an elite level. I said it wouldn’t surprised me if he landed and comparing sizes I imagine it wouldn’t be pretty. No I’m not advocating 290lb+ men should be allowed to join the lightweight division.

Don’t go wandering down a train of thought that nobody suggested and making it out like I think it would be a boxing clinic. Can massive dude land a lucky punch on a better trained fighter? Yes, is that amplified if he weighs more than twice the person he’s fighting? Yes. Do I think it would prove any point? No.
I could understand if the guy in question had a some boxing training under his belt but to expect a non fighter to land a punch on the best defensive boxer there currently is I think you're deluded. But if that's what you like to think then more power to you.

I could understand if the guy in question had a some boxing training under his belt but to expect a non fighter to land a punch on the best defensive boxer there currently is I think you're deluded. But if that's what you like to think then more power to you.
Why are you still talking about this? If you think a 6’6” 290lb+ pro athlete has no chance to land a punch on Vasyl Lomachenko, good for you. I’m literally saying one punch. Above the waist boxing rules.

Why are you still talking about this? If you think a 6’6” 290lb+ pro athlete has no chance to land a punch on Vasyl Lomachenko, good for you. I’m literally saying one punch. Above the waist boxing rules.

Exactly bigger arms, bigger fists, much bigger area to swing. Loma gets lifted by any NFL linebacker.

I have seen a fight break out between an experienced amateur flyweight and billy big guns from the gym and I know what happens when do you even lift bro thinks he isn’t going to get punched in the face.

This was about athletic fighters, if you want me and barman have trolled topics like this plenty in the standup technique.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back