Most athletic fighters ever.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm watching the Mikkel Kessler-Anthony Mundine fight, and Mundine is still really quick, especially for a guy in his 40s.

So, it got me to thinking, who were the biggest athletic freaks to ever lace em up?

Dr. Roy Jones Jr. The King

In before Loma

Obviously Roy Jones Jr. and Mike Tyson come to mind. In more recent years, Manny Pacquiao proved to be an impressive athlete.

Obviously Roy Jones Jr. and Mike Tyson come to mind. In more recent years, Manny Pacquiao proved to be an impressive athlete.

True. Without his athleticism, Pac would probably be a journeyman with something like a 37-23 record with the skill set he possess

RJJ, SRL, Hagler.

RJJ
Muhammed Ali
Pacquiao
SRL
Lomachenko
Mike Tyson

RJJ is probably the most gifted ever.
Pacquiao and Mosley are good athletes too and compete in different sports.
I don’t think Tyson is a particularly good athlete, a gifted fighter yes, but I saw a video of young Tyson playing basketball and he looked very uncoordinated. Could barely dribble, or shoot. I think he just was born to be a wrecking machine.

Prime Ali has to be tops. At 210 lbs he moved and punched like a welterweight, pure athleticism.

Prince Naseem Hamed
Joe Calzaghe
Floyd Mayweather
Herbie Hyde
Nathan Gorman

Valuev. If he had 10% of RJJs skills he would have been unstoppable.

Actually I rate Tyson pretty high as well - I could see him easily see him as a NFL linebacker - speed, agility, power and temperament

Can I point out that someone was inspired to start this thread based on Anthony fucking mundine? Yes I know two sports blah blah. If you want to anoint a rugby player sonny bill Williams is better at both his sports and probably fucks his girl while mundine watches.

Shout out to Andrew flintoff to an awesome style and a totally legit pro fight.

Can I point out that someone was inspired to start this thread based on Anthony fucking mundine? Yes I know two sports blah blah. If you want to anoint a rugby player sonny bill Williams is better at both his sports and probably fucks his girl while mundine watches.

I didn't say Mundine was one of the most athletic fighters ever.

Look at his fight with Kessler. How many 40somethings do you see with fast hands?

Flintoff had some serious hands. Scary.

Here's a question, would Floyd be up there with the most athletic fighters?

Back