Most athletic fighters ever.

funny thing is, a lot of measurements as to what makes a good athlete don't really mean anything in boxing. anyway, I once heard that both Pinklon Thomas and Jim Jeffries could run sub 10 second 100 yard dashes, Ken Norton was a great athlete with a great physique. Ali was a great athlete, Tyson was phenomenal, someone said that he looked funny doing other sports, it's true but that's probably more due to not making time for other sports than anything else. Really though, I don't think a lot of things like how much you can squat or bench, or how fast you can run, or hurl a javelin really would mean much to boxers. Being as boxing is also such a poor mans sport, I don't think they always had the access to all the training amenities the other sports have.

funny thing is, a lot of measurements as to what makes a good athlete don't really mean anything in boxing. anyway, I once heard that both Pinklon Thomas and Jim Jeffries could run sub 10 second 100 yard dashes, Ken Norton was a great athlete with a great physique. Ali was a great athlete, Tyson was phenomenal, someone said that he looked funny doing other sports, it's true but that's probably more due to not making time for other sports than anything else. Really though, I don't think a lot of things like how much you can squat or bench, or how fast you can run, or hurl a javelin really would mean much to boxers. Being as boxing is also such a poor mans sport, I don't think they always had the access to all the training amenities the other sports have.

You put Myles Garrett in a ring with Loma and I can tell you Loma will die, it's just that plain and fucking simple.

You put Myles Garrett in a ring with Loma and I can tell you Loma will die, it's just that plain and fucking simple.
who's myles garrett?

who's myles garrett?
myles-garrett-5-things-to-know-ftr.jpg

Number 1 Draft pick in the last NFL draft

That's why weight classes exist for a reason. Loma would be outweighed by around 130 pounds of muscle & bone and Myles would have nearly a foot in height on him on top of a shit ton more reach. Let's see Myles win the Worlds at anything first along with the Olympics. After he's done he can move up a division (provided it's a combat sport) and do it again consecutively. Ok?

That's why weight classes exist for a reason. Loma would be outweighed by around 130 pounds of muscle & bone and Myles would have nearly a foot in height on him on top of a shit ton more reach. Let's see Myles win the Worlds at anything first along with the Olympics. After he's done he can move up a division (provided it's a combat sport) and do it again consecutively. Ok?

We weren't talking about weight classes if you read the arguments earlier you might actually understand what I was getting at where someone said something along the lines of no professional athlete could hit/beat Loma because he is the defensively the greatest fighter alive right now. P4P means nothing when the person hitting you is 2.5 times your weight. Read the rest of the thread before picking a random statement and ripping in. Ok?

We weren't talking about weight classes if you read the arguments earlier you might actually understand what I was getting at where someone said something along the lines of no professional athlete could hit/beat Loma because he is the defensively the greatest fighter alive right now. P4P means nothing when the person hitting you is 2.5 times your weight. Read the rest of the thread before picking a random statement and ripping in. Ok?

Of course they could when they're that much larger, stronger and more powerful. It would only be a matter of time before Myles caught Loma and it'd be lights out instantly. Myles isn't a fighter so the point is moot anyway.

Of course they could when they're that much larger, stronger and more powerful. It would only be a matter of time before Myles caught Loma and it'd be lights out instantly. Myles isn't a fighter so the point is moot anyway.

The point wasn't if Myles was a fighter it's the fact that some people think because Loma is P4P no one in the world who isn't a boxer could knock him out. If Myles were to jump in and fight Loma the KO would prove nothing we didn't already know such as why myself at 68kg can't fight in the heavyweight division.

i don't know about that, i've seen some big boys hit the bag and they don't really hit that hard, they really don't, the mass would be a bigger factor, no way around how that would wear on a smaller man but without any background in hitting, the only thing a bigger guy is going to do is maybe be able to move the smaller guy around but not really hurt him.

i don't know about that, i've seen some big boys hit the bag and they don't really hit that hard, they really don't, the mass would be a bigger factor, no way around how that would wear on a smaller man but without any background in hitting, the only thing a bigger guy is going to do is maybe be able to move the smaller guy around but not really hurt him.

You ever been hit by a 120kg Samoan with no training in punching. It hurts a lot, now get hit by a professional athlete with fast twitch muscles and a fast snap. While they may not move the bag around, they'd move your brain around. Even without a background in hitting the bigger guy is gunna bounce your brain like a basketball.

Yeah boxing is one thing. Bar or street fight is another with world class athletes that are used to violent physical altercations 70 times a game against 300 lb tackled while avoiding 225lb running cutting at their knees. don't sleep on football players, you have to have a mean streak, be able to go hard through pain.

The point wasn't if Myles was a fighter it's the fact that some people think because Loma is P4P no one in the world who isn't a boxer could knock him out. If Myles were to jump in and fight Loma the KO would prove nothing we didn't already know such as why myself at 68kg can't fight in the heavyweight division.

Yes, I agree. However, this thread is about "Most athletic fighters ever". Myles isn't a fighter but he's a physical specimen. I didn't see the other posts about dodging punches from this guy who was name dropped out of nowhere. He'd dodge those punches until he got caught and finished. Size would prevail.

Yeah boxing is one thing. Bar or street fight is another with world class athletes that are used to violent physical altercations 70 times a game against 300 lb tackled while avoiding 225lb running cutting at their knees. don't sleep on football players, you have to have a mean streak, be able to go hard through pain.

Even in a boxing match, Lomachenko has as much chance of hurting an NFL linebacker as I have of knocking out Mark Hunt with a superman punch.

You ever been hit by a 120kg Samoan with no training in punching. It hurts a lot, now get hit by a professional athlete with fast twitch muscles and a fast snap. While they may not move the bag around, they'd move your brain around. Even without a background in hitting the bigger guy is gunna bounce your brain like a basketball.
i've been hit by big guys, heavyweights, and even good ones, they didn't floor me. I was however floored by a novice guys kick but I got right up. But I've seen Bob Sapp punch, he didn't really impress me, i'm sure he would move a smaller guy around with that mass though but as far as hurting someone? People at my old gym actually thought he could take tyson, I laughed at them.

Yes, I agree. However, this thread is about "Most athletic fighters ever". Myles isn't a fighter but he's a physical specimen. I didn't see the other posts about dodging punches from this guy who was name dropped out of nowhere. He'd dodge those punches until he got caught and finished. Size would prevail.

They didn't mention Myles specifically I just mentioned him as an example. I believe Loma could beat the teams punter perhaps.

i've been hit by big guys, heavyweights, and even good ones, they didn't floor me. I was however floored by a novice guys kick but I got right up. But I've seen Bob Sapp punch, he didn't really impress me, i'm sure he would move a smaller guy around with that mass though but as far as hurting someone? People at my old gym actually thought he could take tyson, I laughed at them.

To be honest I recon Loma beats Bob Sapp, guy can't take any form of a hit.

they do have the physical toughness, i was watching the alzado thing last night, lyle had no skills to speak of really but he was mentally tough. Overall, I don't know how most footballers would react to taking a punch but I wouldn't be surprised if they could handle the mental part of it well.

To be honest I recon Loma beats Bob Sapp, guy can't take any form of a hit.
he had no snap in his punches but he was big, he could push the heavybag around for sure but no real explosive power.

they do have the physical toughness, i was watching the alzado thing last night, lyle had no skills to speak of really but he was mentally tough. Overall, I don't know how most footballers would react to taking a punch but I wouldn't be surprised if they could handle the mental part of it well.

Lyle was 44-1 as an amateur boxer and a regional golden gloves champion. A regional champion isn't a national golden gloves champion, however. But, he still could box a bit despite being a decade removed according to the video. That and Ali allowed him to put on some showmanship in that exhibition. Many football players have wrestling backgrounds and coaches love that. In general wrestlers are dedicated, tough and tenacious.

Back