Matt Serra - Floyd Mayweather wouldn't last 15 seconds on the ground with Conor

Conor decimates Floyd in MMA. Conor landed on Floyd in boxing but Floyd wouldn't be able to land on Conor in MMA.

Anyone who practices something like that is going to beat someone who hasn't practiced. The fact is though, that Floyd is a far greater combat sports talent than Conor. If he had practiced and studied on the ground to the extent than Conor has, he would smoke Conor.

sorry about aldo and your p4p # 1 fighter in the world... it sucks to have your reality turned up side down

I disagree. The ability to recognize patterns and dynamically adjust in chaotic situations is tantamount to both. Floyd's natural ability to do that is as good as anyone on the planet.

So LeBron is potentially the best MMA fighter? That is what you are saying.

While there is little question that Conor would beat Floyd handily in a MMA match, I'm not sure he would get smoked as easily as Serra concludes.

If he trains the basic fundamentals for a year, I'm thinking he could survive at least a couple of minutes against McG. He already has great footwork to at least dance around for a brief spell. haha

How long would you predict that fight would last?

I respect Matt a lot, but he's a fan of Conor and wrong about Floyd. Floyd is a better martial artist and athlete then Conor, and has been cross training in mma for years now. Follis use to talk about it and Dewey Cooper has always talked about it. Then talking personally to guys at Drydale's and Syndicate, Floyd is decent on the ground for his experience level. Plus Conor already got subbed in the first round by an undefeated boxer.. before the UFC.

There is zero correlation between Floyd's boxing skill and grappling potential. Being a good striker does not mean you will be a good grappler.

To OP: even a year of grappling won't negate the near lifetime of experience conor has. He'd survive longer, sure, but conor would make short work of him regardless.
Conor does not have a "near lifetime" of training any ground based martial arts.

Sonnen said Floyd doesn't get paid any where near the amount that's put out there and that Floyd blows through money insanely fast

It's very likely that Floyd is broke again and that's why he's chasing another fight with Conor again.

Hopefully the rematch is in the UFC, or is a striking bout with kicks, elbows, knees etc

Once Conor demolishes Floyd in an MMA or modified kickboxing bout, then they can do the trilogy in a boxing ring.

Conor CAN 100% beat Floyd in a boxing match. Showtimes own scorecard had Conor winning the fight heading into the 9th round.

Conor beating Floyd in a boxing match would just truly destroy Floyd's image and put Conor completely over Floyd (2-1 while winning a boxing match)

It all works out perfectly. Conor can KO Floyd in the kickboxing bout and soften Floyd up for the boxing match. Conor beating Floyd in boxing to end the trilogy puts a nail in Floyd's coffin
Are you done fantasizing retard?

Your average sized blue to purple belt at your local BJJ gym should be able to tap Mayweather in under 2 minutes
Head down to Syndicate or Drysdales when he's there.. was saying years ago on here that he cross trains grappling at those gyms and even has on staff mma trainers at his own gym.

Obviously as he never trained it a day in life, hardly an achievement, I could tap him woop di doo
So funny how so many think and assume he has never trained such. Then speak on it like it's a fact.

This. Mayweather would never be able to effectively train BJJ at this point in his life. His ego is just too big.

Try getting smashed for 2 hours straight multiple times a week, even if you think you don't have much of an ego you'll really feel it after a while and its one of the biggest barriers to grappling.
As an adult, it's best to not speak for a stranger.. especially when you don't know what he does in personal life. Assuming is odd, as is making things up about a stranger.

Floyd is 40 years old and never trained MMA in his life lol

It was crazy enough for him to come out of retirement for another boxing match, but he was just so many classes beyond McGregor in boxing, it was easy money.

It's hilarious to me, all these desperate haters wanting him to come out of retirement to fight in a new sport now.
If Mayweather was 15 years younger, sure he could train MMA for a year and no doubt smoke Conor there too. Mayweather is a more naturally gifted and intelligent athlete/fighter, but nobody beats time. He is simply too old now.
Never? Hope you know Floyd, because never in this case, is very very wrong..

Head down to Syndicate or Drysdales when he's there.. was saying years ago on here that he cross trains grappling at those gyms and even has on staff mma trainers at his own gym.

that's actually interesting. what level do you think he is, blue purple level? Drysdales is legit as it gets

So LeBron is potentially the best MMA fighter? That is what you are saying.
No, it's not what the poster was implying or explaining it appears. Comprehension skills go a long way.

Conor decimates Floyd in MMA. Conor landed on Floyd in boxing but Floyd wouldn't be able to land on Conor in MMA.
Siver and Mendes landed on Conor, but Floyd wouldn't be able too? Lol, Ok!

that's actually interesting. what level do you think he is, blue purple level? Drysdales is legit as it gets
Doubt he's on a belt system at Drydale's. But if so, with length of time said to be training by those in the gym and at Syndicate, plus the guys that say they have rolled with him, i'd say possibly blue if he's in the belt structure. People have to remember too.. McKee, Vannatta, Fili, and Pettis all stop by Floyd's when in Vegas, and some were rumored to have been in the gym prior to the Conor fight. Plus Lee, Teymur, Luke, and a few others train or have trained their boxing there. And it wouldn't be a problem to get known mma fighters to come train with Floyd, especially with how generous Floyd is in paying sparring partners.

He didnt.. Chad abused the kid. Chad simply gassed and the fight ended early..

hahahahahaha. I wish I had your level of rewriting history....Fact is this my friend. Chad couldn't last a full 2 rounds with conor...end of story...even on the ground, what did chad do...land a couple of elbows...while conor landed more elbows from the bottom, forcing mendes to abandon and go for a submission, which failed....

"Abused the kid" yet, was ko'd stiff in under 2 rounds....hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lol yeah. Because Mendes is Nurmagomedov.

It's not like Nurmagomedov is like 50 pounds heavier than Mendes (in the off season) and 100 times better as a grappler.

McGregor would/will get destroyed by Nurmagomedov.

Mendes also has far better standup than khabib...and make no mistake, khabib will get tagged against conor...what happens then? is he just going to walk through it? I don't think so.

A brain damaged, morbidly obese James Toney lasted over three minutes on the ground with a far superior grappler than Conor just by flopping around for a bit.

Conor's a second rate kickboxer with minimal ground ability. Wouldn't shock me if Mayweather caught him with something if Conor tried panic wrestling and tried to take it to the ground. He'd of course have to get it there in the first place, and that was something Conor couldn't manage during their last fight.

Last edited:
Back