Matt Serra - Floyd Mayweather wouldn't last 15 seconds on the ground with Conor

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
While there is little question that Conor would beat Floyd handily in a MMA match, I'm not sure he would get smoked as easily as Serra concludes.

If he trains the basic fundamentals for a year, I'm thinking he could survive at least a couple of minutes against McG. He already has great footwork to at least dance around for a brief spell. haha

How long would you predict that fight would last?

Anyone who practices something like that is going to beat someone who hasn't practiced. The fact is though, that Floyd is a far greater combat sports talent than Conor. If he had practiced and studied on the ground to the extent than Conor has, he would smoke Conor.

Agreed. 15 seconds may or may not be a little bit of a stretch but his point is that it will be quick... & there's no doubt about that.

I'll give him 30 seconds to a minute if he can tie up Conor. If Conor gets good position immediately, then Floyd would get turtled by GnP & be finished in 15 sec.

A9DiFJo.gif

Who cares Floyd already beat that ass.

And Conor wouldn't last 15 seconds on the ground with Khabib...

The ground is a relative area of weakness for Conor, but he'd absolutely maul Floyd, who is a 40-year old natural flyweight with presumably no ground experience.

Floyd would last seconds like me.

Anyone who practices something like that is going to beat someone who hasn't practiced. The fact is though, that Floyd is a far greater combat sports talent than Conor. If he had practiced and studied on the ground to the extent than Conor has, he would smoke Conor.
There is zero correlation between Floyd's boxing skill and grappling potential. Being a good striker does not mean you will be a good grappler.

To OP: even a year of grappling won't negate the near lifetime of experience conor has. He'd survive longer, sure, but conor would make short work of him regardless.

floyd is not going to fight in the octagon, so it doesn't matter

no shit fat face !
a millionaire like fm wouldnt even put a foot in the reebok money sport.

There is zero correlation between Floyd's boxing skill and grappling potential. Being a good striker does not mean you will be a good grappler.
I disagree. The ability to recognize patterns and dynamically adjust in chaotic situations is tantamount to both. Floyd's natural ability to do that is as good as anyone on the planet.

Your average sized blue to purple belt at your local BJJ gym should be able to tap Mayweather in under 2 minutes

Back