Matt Serra - Floyd Mayweather wouldn't last 15 seconds on the ground with Conor

A brain damaged, morbidly obese James Toney lasted over three minutes on the ground with a far superior grappler than Conor just by flopping around for a bit.

Conor's a second rate kickboxer with minimal ground ability. Wouldn't shock me if Mayweather caught him with something if Conor tried panic wrestling and tried to take it to the ground. He'd of course have to get it there in the first place, and that was something Conor couldn't manage during their last fight.

Did you really say Conor failed his take downs in a boxing match? lolololol

And Conor wrestle fucked Max with a blown out knee. He absolutely dominated Max on the ground and it wasn't close.

Did you really say Conor failed his take downs in a boxing match? lolololol

And Conor wrestle fucked Max with a blown out knee. He absolutely dominated Max on the ground and it wasn't close.

I did indeed say that. Conor tried to panic wrestle and got both takedown attempts stuffed with ease.

I did indeed say that. Conor tried to panic wrestle and got both takedown attempts stuffed with ease.

Do you have a .gif or video of him shooting for a take down? Was it a double or a single? Judo throw or trip attempt?

Anyone who practices something like that is going to beat someone who hasn't practiced. The fact is though, that Floyd is a far greater combat sports talent than Conor. If he had practiced and studied on the ground to the extent than Conor has, he would smoke Conor.
What have we really seen from Conor on the ground though? Nothing beyond strong fundamentals as far as I can tell. If Floyd had a reasonable amount of time to train those aspects and learn to throw a good kick or two I'd put money on him as an underdog.

My dream scenario is he trains with the Diaz brothers and finishes him via gogoplata late in the 4th.

Floyd toyed with Conor. No he can't. He may have been ahead on the scorecards, but Floyd ended it when he wanted to so I doubt he was concerned about that. Floyd walked him down with earmuffs on. If Floyd had any regard for Conor's boxing ability, he wouldn't have done that.
Out of everything I said and that's what you "chose" to respond to?

It's like you've been mind control programmed to lash out as soon as you see anyone saying Conor was more then competitive against Floyd "nope Floyd carried Conor derp"

Fake news media put that silly conspiracy theory in your head and now you dont even know how you get triggered and subconsciously "defend" on response

The average person is just a sheep who parrots what he's told and never even realises it

Or also, you saw a completely different fight because you don't understand boxing

Floyd didn't start out the fight walking Conor down.

Floyd was only throwing 3 punches a round to start out the fight. You know why? Because Conor was out boxing Floyd from range with his leadhand game/fienting/probing/jab mix ups, and Conor's counters - and the threat of Conor's counters, had even Floyd hesitant

As soon as Conor landed that uppercut counter, Floyd was scared and very hesitant against Conor

Floyd didn't start opening up until once he saw Conor fading...Floyd didn't start "walking Conor down" until round 5 or 6

If Floyd was "carrying" Conor, then why did the fight GO ON FOR 4-5 MORE ROUNDS after that.

If Floyd was "carrying" Conor he should've been able to end it as soon as he started walking Conor down in round 5/6.

Yet it went 4/5 more rounds. Use your brian

I bet you don't even know that Floyd walking down Conor, is the adjustment he needed to make, because Conor was winning the boxing match from range

It's an adjustment that Conor brought out of Floyd.

Go watch Floyd's fights vs Corely and Judah...they play out very similarly to Conor vs Floyd...then you will understand...and then you will begin to understand the fighter Floyd actually is and always has been vs tall southpaws who give him issues. Why do you think Floyd ducked Paul Williams? I bet you don't even know who Williams is Conor hating MMA fan.

IF Floyd was "carrying" Conor, then why did Conor win the 8th round on showtimes own scorecard?

You have NO idea what you're talking about

This notion that it was all apart of Floyd's grand master plan to get hit 113x, and be losing the fight on scorecards heading into the 9th, is absolutely fucking insanity

And it's even more insanity that idiots actually believe this non sense.

...especially that Floyd of all people would suddenly care about fans and or carry a 0-0 Conor who was his rival

Conor vs Floyd should be used as the #1 tool to evaluate mental illness. Anyone who actually believes that Floyd actually "carried" Conor, needs to be committed immediately to a psych ward

It's also Conor hating MMA fans who know nothing about boxing always hating how just great Conor did against Floyd.

Stick to MMA. You don't know boxing

There's a reason why those in the actual boxing community praised Conor's performance

And furthermore, MY WHOLE POINT was that when Conor KOs Floyd in the MMA bout, it will soften Floyd up for the boxing match and make it even easier for Conor to win the trilogy over Floyd in a boxing ring.

You can't dispute that because even you know that's true.

It's like you've been mind control programmed to lash out as soon as you see anyone saying Conor was more then competitive against Floyd "nope Floyd carried Conor derp"

Fake news media put that silly conspiracy theory in your head and now you dont even know how you get triggered and subconsciously "defend" on response

The average person is just a sheep who parrots what he's told and never even realises it

Or also, you saw a completely different fight because you don't understand boxing

Floyd was only throwing 3 punches a round to start out the fight. You know why? Because Conor was out boxing Floyd from range with his leadhand game/fienting/probing/jab mix ups, and Conor's counters - and the threat of Conor's counters, had even Floyd hesitant

As soon as Conor landed that uppercut counter, Floyd was scared and very hesitant against Conor

Floyd didn't start opening up until once he saw Conor fading...Floyd didn't start "walking Conor down" until round 5 or 6

If Floyd was "carrying" Conor, then why did the fight GO ON FOR 4-5 MORE ROUNDS after that.

If Floyd was "carrying" Conor he should've been able to end it as soon as he started walking Conor down in round 5/6.

I bet you don't even know that Floyd walking down Conor, is the adjustment he needed to make, because Conor was winning the boxing match from range

Go watch Floyd's fights vs Corely and Judah...they play out very similarly to Conor vs Floyd...then you will understand...and then you will begin to understand the fighter Floyd actually is and always has been vs tall southpaws who give him issues. Why do you think Floyd ducked Paul Williams? I bet you don't even know who Williams is Conor hating MMA fan.

IF Floyd was "carrying" Conor, then why did Conor win the 8th round on showtimes own scorecard?

This notion that it was all apart of Floyd's grand master plan to get hit 113x, and be losing the fight on scorecards heading into the 9th, is absolutely fucking insanity

...especially that Floyd of all people would suddenly care about fans and or carry a 0-0 Conor who was his rival

Conor vs Floyd should be used as the #1 tool to evaluate mental illness. Anyone who actually believes that Floyd actually "carried" Conor, needs to be committed immediately to a psych ward

It's also Conor hating MMA fans who know nothing about boxing always hating how just great Conor did against Floyd.

There's a reason why those in the actual boxing community praised Conor's performance

And furthermore, MY WHOLE POINT was that when Conor KOs Floyd in the MMA bout, it will soften Floyd up for the boxing match and make it even easier for Conor to win the trilogy over Floyd in a boxing ring.

You get creepier by the day. You take any criticism of Conor, any doubt like someone personally attacked a family member. All I can picture is some spotty loser in his parents basement sniffing a pair of used Reebok briefs he stole from a media workout session

Mayweather owns Conor's soul for eternity. The sooner you accept this, stop embarrassing yourself and stop pretending you know anything about boxing, the sooner you can live a semi-normal life, devoid of creepily lusting after people you don't know.

needs to be committed immediately to a psych ward
Take your own advice retard and commit yourself to a psych ward. Floyd having a trilogy with Conor lol only your stupid ass could come up with and believe that shit.

I never said he carried him, I said he toyed with him. If you're gonna write a novel responding to what I said, you could atleast not mis-quote me.

Additionally, Conor made it competitive early in the fight because Floyd LET him. You obviously don't know boxing or you would've seen that. Don't compare Conor to a young Zab Judah or Demarcus Corley because they would've had their way with him, just like a young Floyd would have.

Conor was letting his hands go early in the fight, and you can clearly see Floyd laughing at him as if to say, "that's it?". Floyd could've really emabarrassed Conor if he wanted to. Conor was done about half way through the 3rd round and Floyd didn't pour it on until much later. You're delusional if you can't see that.

I think the boxing community praised his performance because he was getting knocked around like one of Floyd's girlfriends and he didn't go down. He got handled but he didn't quit. I'm not some little fanboy that gets butt hurt if someone speaks the truth about some guy I've never met. Get over it.

I'm no Conor hater, but his balls are also nowhere near my mouth unlike some people that I may be quoting right now...

sorry about aldo and your p4p # 1 fighter in the world... it sucks to have your reality turned up side down
I'm not sure I've ever said a single thing about Aldo here, besides possibly that he does nothing to promote fights. You're free to go through my post history and prove me wrong.

EDIT: After thinking about it, the most positive thing I can recall saying about him here was that I'd like to see a 24/7 Show with him getting a rematch with McGregor, just because of the bad blood. No expressions of actual Aldo fandom and I never really watched him otherwise.

Last edited:
So LeBron is potentially the best MMA fighter? That is what you are saying.
If he had trained from boyhood, sure. But Lebron has a lot more unique, sport-specific physical talent than Floyd, being 6'8" with long arms and huge hands, which may not help in grappling. Floyd is not big on sport-specific boxing talent, since he's not a knockout puncher and basically never has been, which means he must be much bigger on general talent, such as pattern-recognition etc.

There is zero correlation between Floyd's boxing skill and grappling potential. Being a good striker does not mean you will be a good grappler.

To OP: even a year of grappling won't negate the near lifetime of experience conor has. He'd survive longer, sure, but conor would make short work of him regardless.

Floyd's talent can translate well to any sport that requires great speed, reflexes and ability to learn and analize someone else's movement.

I agree. Not only that, but Floyd has been at the top of boxing forever. I find it hard to believe that he could check his ego, get smashed on a daily basis by blue belts, and put in the work to learn enough to be somewhat competent on the ground against someone who's been doing it for years. BJJ looks easy to someone who's never done it before, but it takes a TON of humility and time to get to the level of even a decent UFC fighter.

Absolutely true what you are saying, but I think this "fight" (if happening) will be choreographed to the smallest detail

Floyd would train with a personal trainer of course. Maybe even with Conor

During the fight, I can see a scenario similar to the boxing match, the other way around:

- Conor carries Floyd at the beginning. Allows him to strike for a while
- Grants Floyd an orchestrated takedown move, so he doesnt look that bad
- Conor finishes him

Both fighters leave the octagon looking good.

KA-CHINGGGGG

Floyd's talent can translate well to any sport that requires great speed, reflexes and ability to learn and analize someone else's movement.

You still need years of training in that specific sport for your athleticism to translate fully.

You still need years of training in that specific sport for your athleticism to translate fully.

Not really. Jon Jones had no striking background and right from the start displayed effective striking skills. JDS didn't have years of training in striking before he started fighting MMA, and he was good from the start. BJ Penn was a well rounded fighter from the start, even though his few years of combat training were in BJJ. There are many examples.

The ground is a relative area of weakness for Conor, but he'd absolutely maul Floyd, who is a 40-year old natural flyweight with presumably no ground experience.
He use to wrestle growing up.
I don't think ppl know that.
Also factor that if Floyd was actually going into MMA, he would've already be training.
Matt Serra is a Long Island pussy who knows that MMA is about to be extinct.

It took Randy 3 minutes to finish James Toney who didn't bother training and was fat and out of shape. I think Floyd would probably last longer, but it'd be over within a minute of hitting the ground.
It took him almost 4mins and 3 submission attempts to submit Toney who clearly didn't train or give a shit.
Yea. McGregor isn't beating him in 15 seconds

Back