Matt Serra - Floyd Mayweather wouldn't last 15 seconds on the ground with Conor

There is zero correlation between Floyd's boxing skill and grappling potential. Being a good striker does not mean you will be a good grappler.

To OP: even a year of grappling won't negate the near lifetime of experience conor has. He'd survive longer, sure, but conor would make short work of him regardless.

Conor has spent more time practicing touchbutt than BJJ. He’s not skilled on the ground at anywhere near an elite level.

With that said, he’d surely starch Floyd on the ground. But, Floyd has insane work ethic and probably would be a much better grappler than Conor if he spent as much time as Conor has on the mats.

Yes, striking doesn’t mean great grappling, but I’d give Floyd a much better shot of survining on the ground vs Conor if he had a few years training than I do of Conor in a boxing ring vs Floyd. Conor isn’t ever really going to win that one barring a random lucky punch.

People say all this Bull shit but the fact is Conor doest really fight on the ground. He is basically a kickboxer, well in my opionon a boxer with the odd kick here and there to be more precise.

He would probably want to keep it standing out of foolish pride which would give mayweather a chance. A guy that is that level of a boxer would always have a chance in mma.

Anyone who practices something like that is going to beat someone who hasn't practiced. The fact is though, that Floyd is a far greater combat sports talent than Conor. If he had practiced and studied on the ground to the extent than Conor has, he would smoke Conor.

lol what....

I'm sure that requires Floyd to have a different body type.

The fact is though, that Floyd is a far greater combat sports talent than Conor. If he had practiced and studied on the ground to the extent than Conor has, he would smoke Conor.
KeK!

By what metric?

Money? Nope, because Conor has made and is drawing more than Floyd at the same age and blows him away via social media/search related metrics.

Who is a better combatant/would win in a real fight? Nope, Conor would smoke him.

Talent? Nope. Floyd was trained since he was a baby while Conor took him ten round, in his sport, giving him what nearly every major pundit called 'one of Floyd's hardest fights', in his very first boxing match.

Let's see Floyd go ten minutes, not ten rounds, and then we can talk. Heck, let Floyd last one minute in MMA vs Conor and then I will even concede 'Floyd is a far greater combat sports talent than Conor'.

There is zero correlation between Floyd's boxing skill and grappling potential. Being a good striker does not mean you will be a good grappler.

To OP: even a year of grappling won't negate the near lifetime of experience conor has. He'd survive longer, sure, but conor would make short work of him regardless.

125r choked out Conrad

100% Guaranteed that Mayweather lasts longer than 15 secs in an MMA match against McGregor. Reason is because no one would pay for a 3rd bout between these two if it didn't!!! Why did Mayweather wait till the 10th to finish Conor in boxing? Just to keep things interesting, in case, of a possible rematch! Proof is right here, many of you willing to pay out of your nose to see these 2 go at it again!

Conor was trained to be a fighter, not a boxer some people don't seem able to discern the difference. Floyd would have no chance in the Octagon. Conor can use his strength to his advantage in MMA, boxing he couldn't do that.

While there is little question that Conor would beat Floyd handily in a MMA match, I'm not sure he would get smoked as easily as Serra concludes.

If he trains the basic fundamentals for a year, I'm thinking he could survive at least a couple of minutes against McG. He already has great footwork to at least dance around for a brief spell. haha

How long would you predict that fight would last?

As long as they would want it to last cuz it would be even more orchestrated and choreographed than the boxing match

no shit fat face !
a millionaire like fm wouldnt even put a foot in the reebok money sport.

Floyd usually wears Reebok boxing shoes

So it is safe to assume that his "rb pay" is quite decent

Anyone who practices something like that is going to beat someone who hasn't practiced. The fact is though, that Floyd is a far greater combat sports talent than Conor. If he had practiced and studied on the ground to the extent than Conor has, he would smoke Conor.

Good god what an idiotic post...

And Conor can't last on the ground with Nate Diaz...what's the point of all of this?

Floyd is a 41 year old man. Getting geeked out over a MMA fighter in his prime beating a boxer on the ground in a MMA fight is pathetic.

Back