Matt Serra - Floyd Mayweather wouldn't last 15 seconds on the ground with Conor

While there is little question that Conor would beat Floyd handily in a MMA match, I'm not sure he would get smoked as easily as Serra concludes.

If he trains the basic fundamentals for a year, I'm thinking he could survive at least a couple of minutes against McG. He already has great footwork to at least dance around for a brief spell. haha

How long would you predict that fight would last?

About a minute of abuse

Your average sized blue to purple belt at your local BJJ gym should be able to tap Mayweather in under 2 minutes

A white belt with a years experience would do that. A blue belt would utterly kill him (on the ground). The difference between someone with BJJ training and someone with no knowledge is frightening. Mayweather wouldn't even know he's in danger or what was happening.

Conor doesn’t have a ground game. Wouldn’t even be shocked if Floyd subs him.

Serra would lose worse to Floyd in boxing than Floyd would lose to Conor at anything.

I'd agree, the fight wouldn't necessarily be over in 15 seconds but once it hits the floor it could be over within 15 seconds if Conor is feeling merciful, it would last as long as Conor wanted it to last

Conor is better on the ground than he is given credit for, he dominated Holloway on the ground when he had to resort to it after his knee went and Max is a professional mma fighter, imagine how long a boxer with zero grappling would do.

The way I'd see the fight going is they would box on the feet for a little bit but at some point Floyd would instinctively turn his ass to Conor as a form of defense as old habits die hard and it would be ugly for him from there on in.

This. It would hardly be an accomplishment for any UFC fighter to tap Floyd. I'd be far more impressed if someone could stop him standing, just because Floyd's footwork would still translate well to the UFC
LOL what? Is this a serious post?

2eogw0n.gif

Conor was already landing on Floyd and rocking Floyd in a pure boxing match.

GM_20170919_215755.gif

Conor is the far superior combat sports talent and athlete

Now just let Conor kick, and elbow or knee in the clinch, and Floyd doesn't last 1-2 minutes striking with Conor.

Conor would easily KO Floyd with punches in MMA after destroying his base with kicks etc

It's insane how criminally under appreciated Conor is

Conor did FAR FAR better boxing against Floyd in a boxing ring, then Floyd would ever do kickboxing against Conor (or MMA)

Last edited:
This. It would hardly be an accomplishment for any UFC fighter to tap Floyd. I'd be far more impressed if someone could stop him standing, just because Floyd's footwork would still translate well to the UFC

No, it wouldnt. That deep ass Philly shell stance would get him obliterated by Thai kicks

A white belt with a years experience would do that. A blue belt would utterly kill him (on the ground). The difference between someone with BJJ training and someone with no knowledge is frightening. Mayweather wouldn't even know he's in danger or what was happening.

Not necessarily. When i first started Jits in 97, I was learning at home through books, videos and a buddy who was training 3x week at one of Relsons schools would come over and show me shit. My first day at the actual school I was able to tap out a 2 stripe Blue. Years later I was lifting with a strappin 250 lb German college kid who was a beast in the gym and had only high school level wrestling experience -brought him in to check out another Gracie school and he rolled with one of the bigger Brown Belt instructors for a good 25 minutes which finally ended in a draw.

Love Jits and know its strengths but you guys acting like its an absolute given kill are wrong if a guy knows basic defenses and/or has great instincts.

No, it wouldnt. That deep ass Philly shell stance would get him obliterated by Thai kicks
I said his movement, not his stance. Obviously he would need to change how he fights, the same reason Conor didn't come out in a crazy Karate stance to start the boxing match. And any clinching would obviously be bad news for Floyd because he doesn't know anything in the clinch

While there is little question that Conor would beat Floyd handily in a MMA match, I'm not sure he would get smoked as easily as Serra concludes.

If he trains the basic fundamentals for a year, I'm thinking he could survive at least a couple of minutes against McG. He already has great footwork to at least dance around for a brief spell. haha

How long would you predict that fight would last?

Floyd already stuffed conor's illegal takedown attempts in the boxing match. Conor would attempt 2-3 takedowns, 2-3 hipster kicks, gas, get finished, complain about the stoppage, sell some toothpaste, and fuck artem in the shower

How
It took Randy 3 minutes to finish James Toney who didn't bother training and was fat and out of shape. I think Floyd would probably last longer, but it'd be over within a minute of hitting the ground.
Conor would gas trying to take Floyd down.

Not necessarily. When i first started Jits in 97, I was learning at home through books, videos and a buddy who was training 3x week at one of Relsons schools would come over and show me shit. My first day at the actual school I was able to tap out a 2 stripe Blue. Years later I was lifting with a strappin 250 lb German college kid who was a beast in the gym and had only high school level wrestling experience -brought him in to check out another Gracie school and he rolled with one of the bigger Brown Belt instructors for a good 25 minutes which finally ended in a draw.

Love Jits and know its strengths but you guys acting like its an absolute given kill are wrong if a guy knows basic defenses and/or has great instincts.

You had knowledge. Current Floyd doesnt. He doesn't know what anything is. You did. Plus you trained with your mate who showed you things.

For anyone sane who actually wants to get an idea of what Conor vs an elite boxer would look like if Conor were allowed to use all his tools and weapons, watch this

Notice how the kicks open up Conor's boxing and Conor starts landing punches at will on the boxer, tunning him up.

That's what Conor vs Floyd would look like in MMA, except wayy worse for Floyd because in an actual fight Conor would be trying (Conor has improved so much since that video too)

Last edited:
It took Randy 3 minutes to finish James Toney who didn't bother training and was fat and out of shape. I think Floyd would probably last longer, but it'd be over within a minute of hitting the ground.

Randy was pretty much toying with him and softening him up. He was playing it safe that fight and I’m sure he didn’t mind taking his time showing how lost Toney was while he was sonning him.

Anyone who practices something like that is going to beat someone who hasn't practiced. The fact is though, that Floyd is a far greater combat sports talent than Conor. If he had practiced and studied on the ground to the extent than Conor has, he would smoke Conor.

are you drunk? lol Conor lasted 10 rounds after training only boxing for what 9 weeks lol ? Mayweather can say what he wants lol Conor was landing on him when he did not want him to! Flloyd wont last a round with Conor in mma.

You had knowledge. Current Floyd doesnt. He doesn't know what anything is. You did. Plus you trained with your mate who showed you things.

I assume that Floyd would have some of the best BJJ trainers in the world if he was actually going to do it. If he did, they'd give him a realistic timetable of how long he'd need to be competent.

Probably right... 15 seconds its doable...

Randy was pretty much toying with him and softening him up. He was playing it safe that fight and I’m sure he didn’t mind taking his time showing how lost Toney was while he was sonning him.

It's been a while since I saw it, but I don't recall Randy softening him up. It was more that he didn't want to get caught so was overly cautious. He shot from like 2 metres out and still got the TD. Turrrrible "fight".

Back