Matt Serra - Floyd Mayweather wouldn't last 15 seconds on the ground with Conor

iu

Nah. I'll just continue hating the jacket.

It took Randy 3 minutes to finish James Toney who didn't bother training and was fat and out of shape. I think Floyd would probably last longer, but it'd be over within a minute of hitting the ground.

I disagree. The ability to recognize patterns and dynamically adjust in chaotic situations is tantamount to both. Floyd's natural ability to do that is as good as anyone on the planet.
That's like saying because you're good at dribbling a basketball, you'll also be good at shooting it. It's actually even further apart than that because it's two different sports, but you get the idea

Just like he wouldn't last with mendes....right?

lol yeah. Because Mendes is Nurmagomedov.

It's not like Nurmagomedov is like 50 pounds heavier than Mendes (in the off season) and 100 times better as a grappler.

McGregor would/will get destroyed by Nurmagomedov.

Matt Serra is a massive Conor hater. It probably physically hurt Serra just to admit this lol

Believe it or not, even then Serra is still kind of downplaying Conor lol

Conor would NOT ever need to to take Floyd down to the ground

Floyd wouldn't last 1 minute just straight up KICKBOXING with Conor

Meanwhile Conor lasted 10 rounds boxing with Floyd. Conor is the far superior combat sports athlete

Conor did much better in a boxing ring boxing against Floyd, then Floyd would ever do kickboxing with Conor or In MMA against Conor

It's unfathomable how so-called "MMA fans" on an MMA board can even go against Conor here, the MMA double champion who represents MMA. It just shows how Conor haters aren't even real fans of MMA. They are just Conor haters

Anyone who practices something like that is going to beat someone who hasn't practiced. The fact is though, that Floyd is a far greater combat sports talent than Conor. If he had practiced and studied on the ground to the extent than Conor has, he would smoke Conor.
lol. because striking and ground talent go hand in hand.

Maybe 30 seconds

Conor Would not even go for a submission. He would mount and rain down nasty punishment on him.

I disagree. The ability to recognize patterns and dynamically adjust in chaotic situations is tantamount to both. Floyd's natural ability to do that is as good as anyone on the planet.

Dude there are tons of great strikers in the sport that cannot grapple for shit. They use their striking and usually good wrestling to stay on the feet. When rampage hit the mat he was basically a turtle on his back. He didn’t know what to do.

Obviously as he never trained it a day in life, hardly an achievement, I could tap him woop di doo

People always go back to the James Toney Randy Couture fight which is not conclusive because Toney was literally just looking for a payday.

Dude there are tons of great strikers in the sport that cannot grapple for shit. They use their striking and usually good wrestling to stay on the feet. When rampage hit the mat he was basically a turtle on his back. He didn’t know what to do.

I agree. Not only that, but Floyd has been at the top of boxing forever. I find it hard to believe that he could check his ego, get smashed on a daily basis by blue belts, and put in the work to learn enough to be somewhat competent on the ground against someone who's been doing it for years. BJJ looks easy to someone who's never done it before, but it takes a TON of humility and time to get to the level of even a decent UFC fighter.

I think Floyd would train a few days of BJJ and realize that it's easier for him and his ego to just have a couple more boxing matches.

I agree. Not only that, but Floyd has been at the top of boxing forever. I find it hard to believe that he could check his ego, get smashed on a daily basis by blue belts, and put in the work to learn enough to be somewhat competent on the ground against someone who's been doing it for years. BJJ looks easy to someone who's never done it before, but it takes a TON of humility and time to get to the level of even a decent UFC fighter.

This. Mayweather would never be able to effectively train BJJ at this point in his life. His ego is just too big.

Try getting smashed for 2 hours straight multiple times a week, even if you think you don't have much of an ego you'll really feel it after a while and its one of the biggest barriers to grappling.

Disagree. Mayweather would last longer than 15 seconds against Conor. And, no, Ronda is not beating him up either.

AND the boxing match SUCKED.

Floyd has more of a chance in MMA against an MMA fighter than an MMA fighter has in boxing against Floyd.

A guy as quick and accurate as Floyd has a small chance to one-punch a guy if he doesn't shoot immediately, meanwhile you're not going to land anything meaningful on Floyd in a boxing ring.

And before some moron replies that Floyd isn't a KO puncher, there's a big difference between punching a guy with a boxing glove and an MMA gloves.

Floyd has more of a chance in MMA against an MMA fighter than an MMA fighter has in boxing against Floyd.

A guy as quick and accurate as Floyd has a small chance to one-punch a guy if he doesn't shoot immediately, meanwhile you're not going to land anything meaningful on Floyd in a boxing ring.

And before some moron replies that Floyd isn't a KO puncher, there's a big difference between punching a guy with a boxing glove and an MMA gloves.
Floyd has 0 chance

Your average sized blue to purple belt at your local BJJ gym should be able to tap Mayweather in under 2 minutes
This. It would hardly be an accomplishment for any UFC fighter to tap Floyd. I'd be far more impressed if someone could stop him standing, just because Floyd's footwork would still translate well to the UFC

Floyd is 40 years old and never trained MMA in his life lol

It was crazy enough for him to come out of retirement for another boxing match, but he was just so many classes beyond McGregor in boxing, it was easy money.

It's hilarious to me, all these desperate haters wanting him to come out of retirement to fight in a new sport now.
If Mayweather was 15 years younger, sure he could train MMA for a year and no doubt smoke Conor there too. Mayweather is a more naturally gifted and intelligent athlete/fighter, but nobody beats time. He is simply too old now.

Back