Lots of Fedors "prime" boards recently. Ya all know he has had 100's of full contact fights right?

Did you cry after the Fedor fought Mitrione and then slice your wrists?

You're the one saying Fedor would lose to high school wrestlers. I was just trying to match how silly that sounded ... and I think I still didn't quite reach it.

I think there are definite holes in Fedors technique (as well has him just being old now). But thinking that a sambo champ is losing to high school wrestlers is something only a troll would say. A lot of sambo players are Olympic medalists in wrestling (its very common to do both when you're young). If your high school has guys who can beat Olympic wrestling champs the national team wants to come by and take a look, because America's not been doing very well in Olympic wrestling lately.

You're the one saying Fedor would lose to high school wrestlers. I was just trying to match how silly that sounded ... and I think I still didn't quite reach it.

I think there are definite holes in Fedors technique (as well has him just being old now). But thinking that a sambo champ is losing to high school wrestlers is something only a troll would say. A lot of sambo players are Olympic medalists in wrestling (its very common to do both when you're young). If your high school has guys who can beat Olympic wrestling champs the national team wants to come by and take a look, because America's not been doing very well in Olympic wrestling lately.
I said he would lose in wrestling to good high school wrestlers you moron. Which he would.

So you admit pride was staged and the promoters decided fights.
If the promoters decided,mirko would have won. They hoped,just like the ufc hopes conor and ronda dont lose

If the promoters decided,mirko would have won. They hoped,just like the ufc hopes conor and ronda dont lose
I agree pride officials loved mirko. He goes from a top fighter in pride winning the owgp to being destroyed fight after fight in the ufc. I finally agree with you that pride threw fights so mirko could win.

I don't expect newer fans to go back and watch Pride fights. No reason for them to do so.

But people trying to argue against Fedor's greatness are missing out on the real joy of being a fight fan. Fedor was absolutely amazing to watch. He was a lightning quick wrecking ball who dominated for years, usually against bigger opponents. He used all sorts of unusual techniques, was smart as fuck in the ring and showed real heart when challenged.

I agree pride officials loved mirko. He goes from a top fighter in pride winning the owgp to being destroyed fight after fight in the ufc. I finally agree with you that pride threw fights so mirko could win.
your not good at this. You should find another thing to do when mommy allows you internet time.

. No reason for them to do so.

There is EVERY REASON for them to do so. If they dont watch the fights they dont have the slightest clue wtf they are talking about. If they dont have the dvds OR fight pass,im not sure you can call them anything beyond ignorant casuals

Fedor was a monster and one of the most offensively versatile mixed martial artists ever. However, his style was often reckless and provided openings to get hit. As his reactions and explosiveness declined, these openings became magnified ever so slightly and he was unable to adapt.

These types of fighters tend leave their prime earlier than others who are more patient, conservative, and defensively oriented.
Well its definitley a style that doesnt lend itself to longevity. Its a testament to Fedor he lasted as long as he did. His style was straight ahead in your face destruction. He knew how to be patient and conservative when he needed to be and certainly had good defense in all areas,but the main objective was not to ponce about. Get in there and smash the fucking other guy,or rip his arm out.

If you ignore all the nuances and tricks,how could you not be a fan of his straight ahead smashing machine style despite the size disadvantages he was dealing with sometimes?

That was actually really cool. I had never seen highlights of his Sambo career.

Thank TS..

Youve just said alot of garbage.
Fedor already had a great career,and,had all the skills one would ever need to be the best. Weak training camps? Were you there?
Sloppy striking? Koed cro cop amd arlovski. Piss poor wrestling? Other than a power double its impossible to take him down.
bro he didnt ko cro cop.

8b6854f612a2.jpg

fedorcombatsambo.jpg

fedor-sambo-flip-2012-o.gif

Fedor_Emelianenko_-_sambo_win.0.0.jpg

Sambo-300x248.jpg

557556175.jpg

news_eng_264_4_3.jpg

12_1_500.jpg

Y'all musta forgot.

You can see whwre he began to fall out of his prime arpund 2006 when he finally lost in sambo after a dominant stretch. He didnt lose in mma for another 4 yesrs after that but it was visable

If sambo was easy, it woudl be called jiu jitsu.

fedor is 80 yrs old in fighting age

Youve just said alot of garbage.
Fedor already had a great career,and,had all the skills one would ever need to be the best. Weak training camps? Were you there?
Sloppy striking? Koed cro cop amd arlovski. Piss poor wrestling? Other than a power double its impossible to take him down.

Didn't ko crocop

sambo is a real fight. MMA is a poor imitation.

Fedor judo was really good, some beautiful throws and trips there

Back