Lots of Fedors "prime" boards recently. Ya all know he has had 100's of full contact fights right?

Haha you must be triggered to jump down my throat on a typo. Anyway he outstruck mirko so hes actually a really good striker,hence his training in holland
Yeah he looked really good on the feet against Maldonado, Bigfoot and Mitrione. A real striking genius.

Yeah he looked really good on the feet against Maldonado, Bigfoot and Mitrione. A real striking genius.
Hmm yeah well the guys old now. Try referencing the nearly endless library of fights when he was the man.

Sambo is a full contact martial art. It sure as hell isn't karate point fighting.

Fedor was more active in martial arts than any other MMA star you can name. Crocop is also up there with boxing and kick boxing. And yeah, his prime died early too.

His dominance relied on speed and agility. That goes when your body gets beat up.

So please don't get confused again about why he "fell out of his prime" and make idiotic comparisons to other fighters because they are the same age or whatnot.

Who hurt your butt

Fedor did and would take unnecessary damage in a lot of his fights.
Youve just said alot of garbage.
Fedor already had a great career,and,had all the skills one would ever need to be the best. Weak training camps? Were you there?
Sloppy striking? Koed cro cop amd arlovski. Piss poor wrestling? Other than a power double its impossible to take him down.

Im a Fedor fan, not so much for some of his fans. But it is true. Even his brother would bitch about it. Wasnt really Fedors fault. It was his management group. But the majority of people who di care about Fedor talked about how bad his training camps could be.

Forgot how brutal Sambo is. Fedor was a BEAST in Sambo, maybe even a better Sambo fighter than MMA fighter (he fought the same but the gi allowed him to do things he couldn't in MMA).

People forget that Fedor was the best in the world at two sports at the same time. MMA and Combat Sambo. Thinking about it, he might have used his body up with all the tournaments and fights he did. Maybe if he stopped doing Sambo early he would have lasted longer in MMA. His main issue was his injuries and loss of grappling/Judo later on.

Btw, LOL at Fedor neck cranking the big guy for a sub win after he reversed him. He got angry lol.

Thanks for posting!

Last edited:
Fedor did and would take unnecessary damage in a lot of his fights.

Im a Fedor fan, not so much for some of his fans. But it is true. Even his brother would bitch about it. Wasnt really Fedors fault. It was his management group. But the majority of people who di care about Fedor talked about how bad his training camps could be.
Not me. I dont know. I see him joggin in the caucasus and i figure hes got a handle on things

Sambo is a full contact martial art. It sure as hell isn't karate point fighting.

Fedor was more active in martial arts than any other MMA star you can name. Crocop is also up there with boxing and kick boxing. And yeah, his prime died early too.

His dominance relied on speed and agility. That goes when your body gets beat up.

So please don't get confused again about why he "fell out of his prime" and make idiotic comparisons to other fighters because they are the same age or whatnot.

Yeah, Cro Cop with the exact number of fights is up there with the imagined 100s.

They took him to the next level along with his wrestling background. Wrestling is huge. Fedor struggles not only because of his weak training camps and sloppy striking but also his piss poor wrestling. He couldn’t win a high school county meet.

Struggles?

He went like 8 years without losing a round.

Sounds like an awful struggle to me.

Someone objective please help - I saw two neck crank submissions - isn’t that a noob sub to get tapped by? Like can’t it be argued if he was tapping dudes out with neck cranks that they don’t have the right skill set to step on the same mat as a true fighter/grappler? I mean it happens right Joe Soto got tapped from a calf sliced, but it seems odd. Also what’s the the 70’s basketball shorts but also have the gi top? Quite a comical look.

i honestly would like to see a poll taken on the age of people who hate Fedor versus those who admire him. I think this is a generational issue and it will never be resolved.

but yeah Fedor GOAT.

Good thread TS. The Fedor detractors NEVER mention this fact. Why? Well, I would be willing to bet at least 75% of Fedor haters dont even know what Sambo is.

Only the kids who started watching UFC maybe 5/10 years ago ask that question.
Anyone who was watching during the Pride Era knows what Fedor did and how many fights he had in MMA and Combat-Sambo.
He relied a lot on speed and speed is the first thing athletes loose when they get older.

Prime Fedor got KTFO by a 100 year old MW fighter.

One of the absolute best fighters to ever walk the face of the earth.

Hmm yeah well the guys old now. Try referencing the nearly endless library of fights when he was the man.
It’s easy looking good fighting cans, hand picked opponents and predetermined outcomes.

Back