Lots of Fedors "prime" boards recently. Ya all know he has had 100's of full contact fights right?

Usually it's not just one thing though. You could argue that going full steam ahead with the jesus camp did him in. Or that he didn't care that much after that initial burst (when he fought to put food on the table). Or the overall increase of skill level in MMA etc.

Love me some Fedor though, man knew how to utilize them hips like no other.

Overeem gets KTFO every other fight. Fedor went 10 years undefeated. What's the longest Reem went without a loss? Fedor was #1 for 7 years. How long was Reem ranked #1? Oh, that's right. Never.

Reem was getting KTFO by MWs in PRIDE while Fedor was ruling the greatest Heavyweight era we have ever seen. So then Reem turns his career around with the largest dose of horse juice we have ever seen, which obviously extended and revived his career. He has some great wins but Fedor has many more ranked wins.

Reem is a great fighter and a legend in his own right but Fedor is several levels above Reem.

He was #1 when he beat Werdum by any credible rankings.

Haha you must be triggered to jump down my throat on a typo. Anyway he outstruck mirko so hes actually a really good striker,hence his training in holland

That was not a typo. You said “KOed Cro Cop”. Nice attempt at recovery, but no.

Fedor is an amazing Martial Artist but it's difficult to attribute his losses only to being "past prime", because the reality is that in his 3 first losses he faced 3 of the best fighters he had faced until that point. Big Foot, for example, was the type of fighter Fedor wasn't used to dealing with. Most "giants" Fedor fought were very limited. Big Foot was a black belt in judo and BJJ and quite solid in terms of wrestling and striking. You add that to his size and you have a type of monster Fedor had never dealt with before. So it's quite hard to say what would have happened a few years earlier, since we've never seen him face someone like Big Foot.

Also, keep in mind Fedor still looked quite good after those losses. He still beat the crap out of a few low level MMA fighters and looked pretty strong and fast doing it. Certainly, not his absolute best, but lets not pretend the reason he lost had absolutely nothing to do with how good his opponents were. He looked hopeless against the fence in his fight against Henderson, but he didn't look hopeless when he went back to fight cans.

Martial arts experience is also something very difficult to assess. A guy like Wanferlei Silva, for example, has had hundreds of brutal gym wars in brazil. Are you qualified to say that, all things considered, he didn't actually take more punishment than Fedor? How can you evaluate how beat up Fedor was compared to other fighters? By the time he faced Hendo, Hendo's body was already super fucked of for several serious injuries and numerous fist wars. How can you be so sure that at that point Fedor had actually taken more damage than Hendo? You just have no way to know. You want to believe he did, but your beliefs really mean nothing in a discussion where only facts tell the truth. And you don't know the facts. Having a bunch of Sambo fights really doesn't mean you have taken that much damage. Plus, you gotta consider the quality of his opposition.

Thank you. Finally an intelligent and yet objective opinion.

That was not a typo. You said “KOed Cro Cop”. Nice attempt at recovery, but no.
I know fedor didnt ko crocop. Look at my join date bitch. Nice nitpick but no

You lost all of your credibility at “KOed Cro Cop”. You obviously just started watching mma and never have seen any fighters you try to comment on. Also, who doesn’t KO Arlovski? Datsik did it quicker than Fedor.

2015 account accusing 2004 account of just "starting to watch mma". The logic of some people on here never ceases to amaze me.

I love Fedor. He always brought the fight. Let’s be honest for a second. 90% of people who believe him to be goat, will never believe someone else could be goat. Most people are victims of nostalgia. I remember arguing with a teacher in junior high school about Michael Jordan. This was back in the mid 90’s. He was trying to convince me Oscar Robertson was the best player he’d ever seen. There’s also no way to convince my father that the best athletes of his day aren’t better than the ones today.

So we can debate back and forth all we want. But at the end of the day, most people are set in their ways. These debates are pointless.

2015 account accusing 2004 account of just "starting to watch mma". The logic of some people on here never ceases to amaze me.
Obviously he didn’t since he doesn’t know the outcome of fights. You sound like a cuck that works as a busboy at a local shitty restaurant.

I know fedor didnt ko crocop. Look at my join date bitch. Nice nitpick but no

Just quoting you bro. Don’t let a stranger get to you. “Triggered” much? Lol

Just quoting you bro. Don’t let a stranger get to you. “Triggered” much? Lol
Waaaah triggered cringe waaaah. Spin that propeller on your head faster

It's easy to go 10 years undefeated if 90% of your opponents are cans and you fight in the weakest division in MMA.

Sambo is a full contact martial art. It sure as hell isn't karate point fighting.

Fedor was more active in martial arts than any other MMA star you can name. Crocop is also up there with boxing and kick boxing. And yeah, his prime died early too.

His dominance relied on speed and agility. That goes when your body gets beat up.

So please don't get confused again about why he "fell out of his prime" and make idiotic comparisons to other fighters because they are the same age or whatnot.
there's plenty of fighters out there especially in the old Chute Boxe and MFS days where their sparring was easily just as tough as Combat Sambo was on Fedor. Shit there is guys like Josh Neer, Jeremy Stephens, Houston Alexander and other guys from around Des Moines IA that fought at Toad Holler in amateur MMA bouts. That had a mix of Pride and UFC rules just the rounds was 3 mins instead of 5 Josh Neer had close to a 100 fights there in less then 2 years and Stephens was fighting grown ass men there when he was 16 shit like that was going on all over the mid west. Then you have guys like Travis Fulton, Jeremy Horn, Dan Severn, and Igor Vovchanchyn who just fought alot stop making it sound like Fedor is the only fighter to suffer from wear and tear.

It's easy to go 10 years undefeated if 90% of your opponents are cans and you fight in the weakest division in MMA.

So why then others didn't come and take the money and pride?

If I remember correctly, there were some world level sambo competitions in which you could win a title with two or three fights. If you are highly ranked, you didn't fight in first and maybe second knockout rounds, someone could also get injured, and you end up fighting for the title with two wins.

But I can't find all of these results anymore. It's such important sport that it's hard to even find detailed report about the results from world championships.

zWEjO_4abSqJrmtbnRtGMWLTfDRAPn2jVsLf7PF0FoMHRHGc7sNWYEMhiy_CdT06qUtd_zn_Tt5PUiqE=w300-h200-nc

Back