Leslie Smith vs. Aspen Ladd Close to Being Cancelled

Goddamn. I was actually looking forward to this one

No? I assumed from all the TKOs. I don't think I've ever watched her before but I've heard good things.

Lol at someone on Sherdog questioning the validity of a professional fighter. Leslie Smith is as tough as they come. She's got a future to think about. No one should blame her at all for her decision. They aren't the ones stepping into the cage and Ladd is a monster who has had weight issues before.
Ladd is a wrestler. I didn't say she wasn't a fighter. I said she isn't a striker. The same way I would say Khabib isn't a striker. I didn't say she couldn't. It's not where her bread is buttered.

I have seen all of her fights in Invicta unlike you. So don't be a pissy little clown.

Kenny here,

Sorry if I offend anyone but I would like to know what "female circumstances" are?

It is sex related?

lol. I'm a little embarrassed for asking...

Bruh...you don't even want to open that can of worms.

Good, less WMMA on the card.

To be fair, ol’ girl does come to scrap. But yes, I agree.

Also, WMMA fights are always going to be coinflips performances for this reason. If they’re on their periods then how can they make the weight? It doesn’t need to be on PPVs and main card slots.

Good, less WMMA on the card.
giphy.gif

To be fair, ol’ girl does come to scrap. But yes, I agree.

Also, WMMA fights are always going to be coinflips performances for this reason. If they’re on their periods then how can they make the weight? It doesn’t need to be on PPVs and main card slots.
You sound a 10 year old right now.

Seems like not being a teamplayer would hurt getting a new contract more than losing would

Aspen Ladd has Mackenzie Dern levels of dedication to cutting weight. Move up to 145 and fight cyborg for the title.

I was looking forward to this one, too. Damn.

1.8 pounds doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but I guess I can understand Leslie turning it down if she's only got one fight left on her contract.
because it isn't 1.8lbs that Ladd will have on her during the fight.

Kenny here,

Sorry if I offend anyone but I would like to know what "female circumstances" are?

It is sex related?

lol. I'm a little embarrassed for asking...

Hi Kenny, allow me to explain.

Hope this helps.

Clear duck

Leslie knows she cant beat Aspenn

Probably hoping for an easier fight next booking
Then why accept the fight and go thru training camp and cutting weight and flying to New Jersey?

What is exactly was her fight purse supposed to pay that she could afford to deduct another $5000?

Ladd is a wrestler. I didn't say she wasn't a fighter. I said she isn't a striker. The same way I would say Khabib isn't a striker. I didn't say she couldn't. It's not where her bread is buttered.

I have seen all of her fights in Invicta unlike you. So don't be a pissy little clown.
What are you talking about? I didn't question the fact that she isn't a striker. I quoted two different people in that post, the other one being a poster who called out Leslie Smith. I didn't even attempt to dispute your point so I have no idea why you're seeking any argument.

If the signed contract states they can terminate her employment at any time, they can terminate her employment at anytime

Might not be fair but that’s how it works.

I don't think contracts work quite that way. Contracts sometimes stipulate things that won't actually hold up in court if challenged (like non-compete clauses in California, for example). I expect that the commission is involved in matters regarding overweight fighters, as they can themselves keep a fight from happening if the amount of weight is large enough. If the commission says Smith can decline, and the UFC fires her after she declines, then I think that the UFC will have gotten itself into big legal trouble no matter what the contract may stipulate.

Lol at canceling the fight because of fucking 1.8 lbs. Stipe fought a dude who is 20 lbs heavier than him.

And Smith is stupid because she should win this fight rather easily. Refusing more money for an easy fight is just retarded.

Just get this people away from UFC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back