Leslie Smith vs. Aspen Ladd Close to Being Cancelled

No way is she intimidating Smith, especially after sucking for the first round of her debut fight.

That's more of a reflection on Leslie than on Aspen. After all, Leslie stepped up to fight Cyborg.

Smith is a borderline can, her claim to semi-relevance at best (but realistically still complete non-relevance) was getting clobbered by a roid monster.

Cancel the fight, fire Smith and give Ladd someone else on the next card.

Nothing of value would be lost.

Smith's fight after Cyborg was a FOTN victory over Irene Aldana. Right after that, and most recently, a TKO win.
You're far too eager to insult and discard a recent FOTN winner, my friend.

she's a shit fighter.

See above.

Last edited:
I don’t believe you’re one of those people that own those buildings or run companies because you are a negative person and you are the devil. You tell people they will not make it in life. That’s not a quality of someone that leads a company.

You're like a dude that's just been released from jail after 30 years and doesn't understand how the world works anymore.

Don’t @ me you’ve already been KO’d twice for 10-8’s. Don’t waste our Friday on sherdog buddy.

Oooooooh a fight metaphor on an MMA forum!!!!

lol ... You @'d me first

I was looking forward to this one, too. Damn.

1.8 pounds doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but I guess I can understand Leslie turning it down if she's only got one fight left on her contract.

I get feeling like your career could hinge on the next result, but can't the UFC just cut her at any moment anyway? We always speculate about who will get cut after their next loss, but that's just because of precedent. I remember stories from fighters/agents about Joe Silva threatening to cut guys who didn't accept a fight.

I'm pretty sure one can't get away with firing somebody for not fighting an overweight opponent. The rules are set up to allow it, after all. And how does one possibly excuse firing somebody who had a FOTN victory two fights back, and won by TKO in the fight after?

But for fuck sake.
Really liked that fight.
Early weight-ins seems to make more fighters to fail make weight.
Actually it's fighters cutting ridiculous amounts of weight that makes fighters fail to make weight.

No? I assumed from all the TKOs. I don't think I've ever watched her before but I've heard good things.

Lol at someone on Sherdog questioning the validity of a professional fighter. Leslie Smith is as tough as they come. She's got a future to think about. No one should blame her at all for her decision. They aren't the ones stepping into the cage and Ladd is a monster who has had weight issues before.

Every little coward on here questions the courage of pro fighters. Smith, who fought at 125, fought Cyborg for fucks sake. No one with any brains or balls should question her courage. Of course, that will not stop the so-called fans.

No? I assumed from all the TKOs. I don't think I've ever watched her before but I've heard good things.

Lol at someone on Sherdog questioning the validity of a professional fighter. Leslie Smith is as tough as they come. She's got a future to think about. No one should blame her at all for her decision. They aren't the ones stepping into the cage and Ladd is a monster who has had weight issues before.

She's clearly not thinking about that future by declining a payday is she? I'm not shitting on her as a fighter and I'm not saying she isn't tough, but it's not like Ladd has done a Rumble and come in 10lbs heavy it's 1.8lbs. It's not like it's a high stake fight so why would you decline a payday.

Wouldn't be surprised if UFC cut her for refusing to fight now lol

Fighters are contracted to make weight, so make fucking weight.

That said, take the fucking fight and don't puss out. You just spent money on a training camp, win or lose you get 20% of Ladd's purse plus $5000.

She probably doesn't want an additional reason to get cut? The UFC are very likely furious at her involvement with Spearhead, a loss would be an easy excuse to get rid of her.

Any extra credit for the ear incident has probably evaporated by now.

Jessica%2BEye%2BTriggers%2BLeslie%2BSmith%2BCauliflower%2BEar%2BExplosion%2BUFC%2B180.gif

Turning down a fight isn't another reason?

Cool, less WMMA

more cawk
right up your alley

She's clearly not thinking about that future by declining a payday is she? I'm not shitting on her as a fighter and I'm not saying she isn't tough, but it's not like Ladd has done a Rumble and come in 10lbs heavy it's 1.8lbs. It's not like it's a high stake fight so why would you decline a payday.
She lived up to her contract stipulation and her opponent did not. Pretty simple imo. This is on Ladd.

I'm pretty sure one can't get away with firing somebody for not fighting an overweight opponent. The rules are set up to allow it, after all. And how does one possibly excuse firing somebody who had a FOTN victory two fights back, and won by TKO in the fight after?
If the signed contract states they can terminate her employment at any time, they can terminate her employment at anytime

Might not be fair but that’s how it works. There have been a lot of shitty cuts that shouldn’t have happened

Technology helps lol so you do sit in front of your computer for 18 hours a day. Basically your hand is your girlfriend? You realize you can’t impregnate your hand right @Emjay ?

You’ve never thrown a jab or had one thrown back at you but you have the audacity to call a fighter a ‘bitch’ because her opponent missed weight?

Really though, self awareness man that’s the only advice I can give you. Go spend some time away from the internet and maybe lift a dumbbell or two.
You act like a cliche character from the "Nerds" movie.

Words make my brain hurt! No more hurt!

Clear duck

Leslie knows she cant beat Aspenn

Probably hoping for an easier fight next booking

Kenny here,

Sorry if I offend anyone but I would like to know what "female circumstances" are?

It is sex related?

lol. I'm a little embarrassed for asking...

Back