Leslie Smith vs. Aspen Ladd Close to Being Cancelled

It's not like this is for a title or a main event, it's a prelim WMMA fight and you're a nobody...

A nobody? No, her being put on a Fight Pass prelim seems like it may have been meant as a punishment for something non-performance related. Smith won her last fight by TKO. She won a FOTN before that. Once you win a FOTN you can't be called a nobody, surely. Before that, she did the UFC a favor by fighting Cyborg--when nobody else wanted to--despite the fact that Smith is only a small bantamweight.

Technology helps.

Tell em why you mad son!!

Technology helps lol so you do sit in front of your computer for 18 hours a day. Basically your hand is your girlfriend? You realize you can’t impregnate your hand right @Emjay ?

You’ve never thrown a jab or had one thrown back at you but you have the audacity to call a fighter a ‘bitch’ because her opponent missed weight?

Really though, self awareness man that’s the only advice I can give you. Go spend some time away from the internet and maybe lift a dumbbell or two.

Ladd missed weight by 1.8. Smith turned down the 20%. Ladd's camp offered an additional 5,000. Smith still says no. It's the final fight on her contract and with her heading Project Spearhead, I doubt she wants to take any chances.

excellent

the card gets better

It's W-mma, she can lose 5 in a row easy without being cut.
Or did she already? Can't be bothered to google her to look it up.

She won her last fight by TKO. The fight before that she had a FOTN awarded victory. She lost the fight before that, it's true, but she was jumping up weight to fight Cyborg (despite being a rather small bantamweight) because nobody else wanted to fight Cyborg at that time.

Last edited:
Technology helps lol so you do sit in front of your computer for 18 hours a day. Basically your hand is your girlfriend? You realize you can’t impregnate your hand right @Emjay ?

Tech can be mobile too. You're not really doing the meathead fighter stereotype any favors right now.

...and maybe lift a dumbbell or two.

I do body weight only.

Tech can be mobile too. You're not really doing the meathead fighter stereotype any favors right now.

I do body weight only.

This is exactly why nerds like this guy @Emjay need to be thrown into trash cans and stuffed into lockers. It’s not our faults they’re career trolls. And then they go shooting up schools n shit. Calling a fighter a ‘bitch’ (he won’t address this) and you’ve never even thrown a punch in your life. I’d pay to give you the biggest wedgie of your life.

I didn't imply that she was scared. She might have a minor injury or something else bothering her.

Could be the case I guess. Most fighters are carrying some kind of injury.

I think that the self righteous kind of stance shes taking in general is what she will use to justify turning down the fight.

Ladd isn't exactly the most intimidating opponent. Shit tier striking.

Undefeated (not fighting cans either: all opponents either from the UFC or Invicta FC), and with an 84% finish rate. Not exactly the least intimidating opponent.

She'll be making an extra $5000 + 20% though.

Take the money
I don't know where you work but I wouldn't trade a one time payout of $5000 + 20% of what, $20K show money for my job.

Don't blame Smith for giving the UFC as few reasons as possible to do her dirty.

Bitch is a pronoun these days. Just calm down, fans=$, stop with the bow in respect of all pro fighter nonsense.

This is exactly why nerds like this guy @Emjay need to be thrown into trash cans and stuffed into lockers....

Then we grow up to own the buildings that you train in, and run the companies that create the supplements and software that you use for your training. See, I can spit cliches too!!!!

The "bitch" thing was just me joking. But you're so triggered right now, there's no way you'll see it that way.

Undefeated (not fighting cans either: all opponents either from the UFC or Invicta FC), and with an 84% finish rate. Not exactly the least intimidating opponent.

No way is she intimidating Smith, especially after sucking for the first round of her debut fight.

I don't know where you work but I wouldn't trade a one time payout of $5000 + 20% of what, $20K show money for my job.

Don't blame Smith for giving the UFC as few reasons as possible to do her dirty.

If doesn't take this extra cash and she's not resigned after her last fight is completed, she'll wish she'd taken this free money.

I get feeling like your career could hinge on the next result, but can't the UFC just cut her at any moment anyway? We always speculate about who will get cut after their next loss, but that's just because of precedent. I remember stories from fighters/agents about Joe Silva threatening to cut guys who didn't accept a fight.

Smith is a borderline can, her claim to semi-relevance at best (but realistically still complete non-relevance) was getting clobbered by a roid monster.

Cancel the fight, fire Smith and give Ladd someone else on the next card.

Nothing of value would be lost.

Then we grow up to own the buildings that you train in, and run the companies that create the supplements and software that you use for your training. See, I can spit cliches too!!!!

The "bitch" thing was just me joking. But you're so triggered right now, there's no way you'll see it that way.

I don’t believe you’re one of those people that own those buildings or run companies because you are a negative person and you are the devil. You tell people they will not make it in life. That’s not a quality of someone that leads a company.

Don’t @ me you’ve already been KO’d twice for 10-8’s. Don’t waste our Friday on sherdog buddy.

Back