Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

What a great day of races. Nice to win some money too.

I need the exacta to pay 6/1 or I lose money betting that race alone. I don't think I'll get it.

Meh, only 4/1 exacta. Oh well.

I need the exacta to pay 6/1 or I lose money betting that race alone. I don't think I'll get it.

Close, 5/1. Oh well, still a profitable day overall which you'll never hear me complain about.

Close, 5/1. Oh well, still a profitable day overall which you'll never hear me complain about.

Yeah, we made a little bit of money in the end. And we got to see some great racing in the process with both the main events from yesterday and today surpassing the hype going into them. Good weekend overall.

Yeah, we made a little bit of money in the end. And we got to see some great racing in the process with both the main events from yesterday and today surpassing the hype going into them. Good weekend overall.

For sure. And you're right, 4/1. I'm flipping channels trying to watch UFC and the cup.

Finshed +4.75u. Sign me up for that any day of the week. Thanks again Shark, Hodge and everyone else.

Finshed +4.75u. Sign me up for that any day of the week. Thanks again Shark, Hodge and everyone else.

Thanks for playing along, T, and for joining in on the discussion. Goes for all you guys in this thread. It makes playing this game a lot more fun when we can bounce ideas off each other in our search to make a buck or two.

Only six different horses have ran a 120 BSF at the 10F distance since 2000.

Not only is Arrogate the only horse to have done it twice at that distance since then, but he did it in back-to-back races.

What a fun day of races, recognized a lot of these horses from when I was in Saratoga this year.

Looking forward to the next big day of racing, looks like it's the Pegasus?

What a fun day of races, recognized a lot of these horses from when I was in Saratoga this year.

Looking forward to the next big day of racing, looks like it's the Pegasus?

Yeah, the Pegasus will be the next big one. I mean, they are some pretty big races before that with the Clark, Cigar Mile, and some other G1 races. But the Pegasus will be the next one that garners that big wide spread attention. Hopefully Arrogate can stay sound until then and we get to see that rematch with him and Chrome. North American horse racing can use as many matchups like that as they can get.

I've lost my share of photos before, but I don't believe I've ever lost one that was THAT close.

Somebody on twitter made this observation earlier today, but take note of the angle on Gary Stevens' whip on Beholder in the "official" photo. Now take note of the angle of the whip in that video I posted before as the two cross the line at the 4:00 mark. Even when the video is paused from 4:04 to 4:07 the angle of Stevens' whip isn't brought back as far as what it shows in the "official" photo and by that point when the video gets paused the horses have already crossed the wire;

#stillundefeated

And pay us our money ya crooks!

Just put half a unit on Classic Empire to win the derby at 11/1, money's tied up for a while but hopefully his line gets worse.

Pegasus coming up in a couple weeks. Can't wait for the CC/Arrogate rematch.

Pegasus coming up in a couple weeks. Can't wait for the CC/Arrogate rematch.

It should be really interesting that's for sure, although there's a rumour going around that Arrogate isn't looking nearly as good in his workouts as he had been heading into the Classic. He was also scratched out of his last race earlier this month, but that very likely had more to do with the muddy track conditions than anything. These rumours may be nothing. Or they may be something. Something to keep an eye on in his final workouts, though.

The Derby prep season is right around the corner as well, which is also going to be interesting to see who and how these runners develop over the next few months. Hopefully they'll be tons of betting opportunities along the way.

Post positions and morning line odds for the Pegasus on Saturday;

1. Arrogate - 7/5
2. Prayer For Relief - 50/1
3. Neolithic - 30/1
4. Noble Bird - 25/1
5. War Story - 50/1
6. War Envoy - 50/1
7. Shaman Ghost - 20/1
8. Semper Fortis - 50/1
9. Keen Ice - 12/1
10. Breaking Lucky - 25/1
11. Eragon - 50/1
12. California Chrome - 6/5

As per my post right above this one, I thought Arrogate looked just fine in his last workout. He didn't grab my attention like he did in his final workout heading into the Classic. But I didn't see a single thing wrong with him in that work. Don't see why he wouldn't run something near his best this Saturday. Ditto for Chrome, who drew what may turn out to be a tough post with that short trip into the turn at this distance. But I don't see much from the horses drawing to his inside that should impede him getting a good position in the early running.

Post positions and morning line odds for the Pegasus on Saturday;

1. Arrogate - 7/5
2. Prayer For Relief - 50/1
3. Neolithic - 30/1
4. Noble Bird - 25/1
5. War Story - 50/1
6. War Envoy - 50/1
7. Shaman Ghost - 20/1
8. Semper Fortis - 50/1
9. Keen Ice - 12/1
10. Breaking Lucky - 25/1
11. Eragon - 50/1
12. California Chrome - 6/5

As per my post right above this one, I thought Arrogate looked just fine in his last workout. He didn't grab my attention like he did in his final workout heading into the Classic. But I didn't see a single thing wrong with him in that work. Don't see why he wouldn't run something near his best this Saturday. Ditto for Chrome, who drew what may turn out to be a tough post with that short trip into the turn at this distance. But I don't see much from the horses drawing to his inside that should impede him getting a good position in the early running.

My dad has been deep into Gulf Stream as a nice place to gauge and wager. I'll have to see his interpretation of all of this. He's getting old and restless running out of tracks up in Canada (you heard about Northlands, I trust, or we have talked about it, we may have talked about it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back