Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

This is ridiculous. I just tuned into the live stream from Gulfstream and the first thing I hear is that some groom is getting an award for having a horse looking the best as they hit the track. Is this a horse race or a friggin beauty contest? So dumb.

Really good stretch run right there between Imperative and Stanford with them being noses apart the whole way. Photo goes to Imperative to pull the upset.

Hopefully this Hunter O'Riley horse I'm backing here can avoid getting caught 10 wide unlike his last race.

This is going to be extremely interesting and I'm really not sure who's gonna win between these two. Just hope both get a good clean trip with no excuses and the best horse shows himself.

Arrogate wins it easily and Shaman Ghost finishes 2nd. I'll take it. Should be a decent exacta.

That's a good fucking horse right there.

Shark I swear you are the f'in man! Thanks again for all your great work.

I was leaning towards playing one of those two anyways even if they weren't bred in Canada. I was looking over the PP's last night and both Shaman Ghost & Breaking Lucky have that E2 "lung opener" angle that I like so much and have mentioned a few times on here. It suits Shaman Ghost better since he's more of an off the pace type and he also has a history of responding extremely well the last time that angle was visible in his PP's (next race out he won a G2 race by more than 4 lengths after that "lung opener" the race before). But that angle can suit Breaking Lucky as well, and he's probably more suited to this track as he generally sits closer of the two and will have better odds I'm sure.

It's such a good angle. Just saying.

Just put half a unit on Classic Empire to win the derby at 11/1, money's tied up for a while but hopefully his line gets worse.

Just a heads up, K, in case you're not aware. Your future wager here looks like he's going to be running in the G2 Holy Bull at Gulfstream this Saturday.

I'm not a big fan of these Derby futures myself since, save for the last 2 years, it's usually a late developing 3 year-old peaking at the right time in late spring that goes on and wins the Derby. But I hope your guy runs really well for you this weekend and in his races after that thus making that price you got on him seem golden.

Just a heads up, K, in case you're not aware. Your future wager here looks like he's going to be running in the G2 Holy Bull at Gulfstream this Saturday.

I'm not a big fan of these Derby futures myself since, save for the last 2 years, it's usually a late developing 3 year-old peaking at the right time in late spring that goes on and wins the Derby. But I hope your guy runs really well for you this weekend and in his races after that thus making that price you got on him seem golden.

Thanks for the heads up Sharkey. Will definitely be watching that race. I hit Nyquist last year so I figured I would take another shot this year. Also quite sure I get my $ back if he doesn't race in the Derby.

Heads up to anyone betting Trifecta's on Bet365, if you try to box 3+ selections they don't actually give you every combination of your bet. I made a 4 horse trifecta box on the 6th race which hit however since a few of the bets didn't go through they originally didn't credit me. Spent 2 hours on the live chat arguing back and forth with them, they ended up paying me, removed trifectas from Gulfstream for the day after paying me.

50 cent trifecta box paid ~500$

Heads up to anyone betting Trifecta's on Bet365, if you try to box 3+ selections they don't actually give you every combination of your bet. I made a 4 horse trifecta box on the 6th race which hit however since a few of the bets didn't go through they originally didn't credit me. Spent 2 hours on the live chat arguing back and forth with them, they ended up paying me, removed trifectas from Gulfstream for the day after paying me.

50 cent trifecta box paid ~500$

Beautiful job hitting that one, K. You crushed it. And good looking out for those who use that site as well.

There's a pretty big controversy going on in the horse racing world in regards to the timing of Arrogate's Pegasus and it seems likes he's getting robbed of yet another track record to go along with the one he set in the Travers last August.

Here's what is considered the current track record for the 9F distance at Gulfstream Park and this was set by Lea a few years ago in the Donn Handicap;

Timed from the point the horses hit the line the first time til the point Lea hits the line to finish the race, I've got him between 1:47.19 and 1:47.25 in each of the four times I put the clock on it.

Now here is Arrogate's Pegasus from this past Saturday;

From line to line I've got the race timed between 1:46.85 and 1:46.93 in each of the four times I clocked the race.

Races in North Amercia aren't timed from the gate in case some of you guys weren't aware. They are allowed a short run-up distance before the timing starts. In this case, since Gulfstream is officially a 9F track the timing should start as they hit the line the first time since it's officially a 9F race and then obviously stops when the winner hits the line again. Arrogate's race was clearly faster by about one-third of a second. Any of you guys can time it for yourself if you want and see that Arrogate's race was faster.

Give him his track record you fuckers!

Both Arrogate's BSF and TimeformUS figures have been raised to reflect the obvious error in the timing in the race. Now Gulfstream just has to do the right thing and give him his track record as well;

"Using video-editing software, Milkowski said that he subsequently compared the Pegasus to a frame-by-frame replay of the 2014 Donn Handicap at Gulfstream Park, in which Lea set the current track record for 1 1/8 miles of 1:46.86. The Pegasus was also run at 1 1/8 miles.

“Clearly, [the Pegasus] was faster,” Milkowski said on Wednesday. “It’s not even close.”"

http://www.drf.com/news/figures-pegasus-changed-due-possible-timing-glitch

It's official. Gulfstream did the right thing and have now declared that Arrogate did in fact set another track record in the Pegasus;

"The official time of the $12 million Pegasus World Cup has been lowered nearly four-fifths of a second following a review by Gulfstream Park and its official timer, Trakus, according to an amended chart that was available late Thursday.

The official time of the 1 1/8-mile race will now be 1:46.83, according to the chart, 0.78 seconds faster than the 1:47.61 that was announced after the race, according to the track. The new time is a record for the distance at the track, faster than the 1:46.86 that was posted by Lea in the 2014 Donn Handicap."

http://www.drf.com/news/official-time-pegasus-lowered-sets-gulfstream-record

Cavil sitting at 45/1 in the Holy Bull with 5 minutes to post makes me wish I had a online account right about now. I'd love to get a show bet in on him.

Classic Empire got dusted badly in the Holy Bull as the 1/2 favourite. He may have even finished in last of 7. He also looked absolutely horrible before the race as well, as he was all washed out heading to the gate and then refused to load for a time.

Back