Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

The winner of race 2, the Juvenile Fillies, the Sprint, and now the Juvenile...All the race on dirt today are being won by a horse sitting 2nd just outside the leader for most of the race. Gun Runner sat that same trip yesterday into a hot pace and finished a very good 2nd. Beholder had a similar trip yesterday as well although she sat 3rd with an outside stalking trip before winning the Distaff. If this holds true for the rest of the day, Carina Mia looks even better in the F&m Sprint. Melatonin or Arrogate might get the same trip in the Classic as well, although Chrome may get that trip if Effinex goes early.

Wow, Highland Reel currently sitting at 8/1 with 20 minutes to post.

Somebody is going big on Highland Reel because he's now sitting at 7/2. That's a bummer.

Highland Reel! Too easy!!!

Easy money every single step of the way.

Wow great call boys. What a beautiful run by Highland Reel there. I hate watching horses trying to hold leads up front the whole way, but the pace was slower and that was run perfectly.

That was a clinic in race riding.

great by highland reel that, was worried early doors

I wish the UFC event was starting later. I'm going to have to switch back and fourth.

Let's go Carina Mia.

PSY-Gangnam-Style-Horse-Dance.gif

Finest City got that prime piece of real estate stalking just outside the leader and once again that's where the winner comes from. Carina Mia got off slow and then got hammered by another horse on the turn. She wasn't winning the race at that point anyways, though.

Have a good feeling Ironicus the grey gonna come through for us.

Topsy turvy day for me, had Queens Trust and won some on Finest City in the F&M Sprint, but otherwise a bit of a bust. Should have gone with the thread on Highland Reel, i knew he'd try to get a lead like that but i honestly didn't think the other jockeys would let him set his own tempo like they did. Still glad for you guys - at least someone won some money!
After 12 races, its on California Chrome to set me right. Currently down 9U, if chrome wins I'm just under break even. Saver on Arrogate.

Hopefully the Classic turns an overall decent day into a pretty good day (in the black regardless). An exacta with Arrogate over Melatonin would be ideal, but will gladly take any combination of those two plus Chrome.

This is funny. I think I've bet Hoppertunity at least five times in the past when he was 5/1 or lower and don't recall ever cashing once. He's sitting at 19/1 right now, is coming off a G1 win in the prestigious Jockey Club Gold Cup, and I didn't give him a 2nd look in this race.

So did that gorgeous grey haired lady just sing a grey haired horse to the winner's circle?

Wow, Arrogate just wouldn't give up and nips Chrome at the wire. Great race.

At least we finally have a 3 year-old champion now.

Back