Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

That's such a shit go, Rose stopped punching as she seen the tap and big John called it off after he realised it.

Seems like the ref feels bad for calling tap to strikes so they just give it a tko win.

Incredibly frustrating, especially now that everyone is talking about how Joanna tapped to strikes, yet the official result is TKO.

Story of my life lately though.

Finally watched the Classic late last night. Collected was a solid play at the odds we got, Gun Runner just too damn good and he ran a great race.

Yeah, Collected ran a big race for us, T. Just not quite as big as Gun Runner, though. Those two hooked up early in the race over a fast pace and then really hooked up early in the far turn when Collected got right to Gun Runner's outside on even terms and challenged. Gun Runner answered that challenge in a big way, but it also says a lot about Collected to not fold completely in the stretch and to keep 2nd at the line. Most horses who issue an early challenge like that in the turn after a fast early pace are finishing off the board if their challenge gets repelled. It says a lot about Collected's quality to still keep going like he did after Gun Runner answered his challenge. Gun Runner was the best in that race, but Collected was 2nd best and his effort was much better than anybody else's in the race.

That was another race that was ran vert close to what my numbers showed. I had Gun Runner on top going in at +8.2, Collected was 2nd at +6.9. Arrogate was 3rd at +4.6. And West Coast was 4th at +1.8. The rest of the field was in the minus on these with Gunnevera 5th at -2.7. Collected going off at 6/1 (5.9/1 really) was the value in the race I thought as he was only 4th choice.

Save for the BC Sprint on Saturday, pretty much every race on the dirt over the weekend was ran at below par if just judging final time. So that 46.30 half mile that Gun Runner & Collected ran in the Classic was basically the equivalent to about a 46 flat on a track that played even. I mean, 46.30 is a very fast pace for a 10F race on dirt, but a 46 flat is extremely fast.

Arrogate got a 120 BSF last year in the Classic after running the race in 2:00.11. Gun Runner got a 117 this year after running the race in 2:01.29. Just based on raw time you'd think Arrogate's win last year was about 6 lengths faster than Gun Runner's this year. But because the Beyers take into account track conditions and all that, the BSF between the two races says that there was only about 2 lengths difference.

Mysteries for the big race for me.

Small bets on 4, 21 and 23.

I honestly throw way to much on this race and end up just checking accounts hoping I won.

Mysteries for the big race for me.

Small bets on 4, 21 and 23.

I honestly throw way to much on this race and end up just checking accounts hoping I won.

I'd love to be able to bet into a 24 horse field, M, just because the payouts could be spectacular in that one. I've only heard of a few horses in the race like Marmelo, Humidor, Bondi Beach, and US Army Ranger. Marmelo is about the only horse I remember watching, though, as I came across him when he finished behind Talismanic in one of his recent races.

Best of luck with whatever you play.

This is one of those days when I wished there wasn't such a disconnect between North American racing and Aussie racing. One of the biggest & most prestigious races in the world is about to happen and most of his horse racing gamblers on this side of the world don't have access to it.

Shit, this new racebook I'm using (HPI) does give me the option to bet Aussie racing it looks like. It's too late now, though, since I don't have a clue and wouldn't be able to in time for the race to start. Unless one of you guys have a strong opinion?

I'd love to be able to bet into a 24 horse field, M, just because the payouts could be spectacular in that one. I've only heard of a few horses in the race like Marmelo, Humidor, Bondi Beach, and US Army Ranger. Marmelo is about the only horse I remember watching, though, as I came across him when he finished behind Talismanic in one of his recent races.

Best of luck with whatever you play.
It's a fun day, I've learnt the lesson of not going dumb and enjoying it. Had a few decent wins though.

Humidor just finished second to winx so a lot of people backing thst.

Marmelo is being ridden by bowman.

I feel like it's one of those races where it's hard to say this horse is going to win it and truly believe the person is that confident.

I'll check out that thing you just posted.

I may throw a dart at the #4 horse that both @Mga223 and the guy who wrote that article likes considering he's 40/1 on the morning line.

I may throw a dart at the #4 horse that both @Mga223 and the guy who wrote that article likes considering he's 40/1 on the morning line.
It's odds I have to be on it. It's run the distance a few times.

A lot of the times the favs struggle to run it..

Who knows I'll either pick first or last haha.

Simon Bray is also picking Tiberian. Candice Hare is picking Almandin to repeat;

@t6p

Does your book allow you to get in on some of this action?

Tiberian is 8/1 over here in the early wagering. So much for getting a great price on him.

Back